NATION

PASSWORD

Non-binary genders

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Non-binary genders

Postby Rocopurr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Buried under the gay rights and abortion threads, it's a gender related thread. A non-binary gender thread, oooh.

Anyways, do you acknowledge non-binary genders?

For those of you who don't know, non-binary genders are all the genders besides male and female. This includes, but is not limited to, agender, pangender, androgynous, bigender, and trigender (My apologies if I forgot anything).

I acknowledge non-binary genders. Even if they're a small percentage, there are more genders than male and female. After all, it isn't hurting anyone to have more than male and female.

Agender (non-gender): “not identifying with any gender, the feeling of having no gender.”

Androgyne: “1. A person whose biological sex is not readily apparent. 2. A person who is intermediate between the two traditional genders. 3. A person who rejects gender roles entirely.”

Bigender: “To identify as both genders and/or to have a tendency to move between masculine and feminine gender-typed behavior depending on context, expressing a distinctly male persona and a distinctly female persona, two separate genders in one body.”

Gender fluid: “Referring to a gender identity that changes with time and/or situation as opposed to a fix sex-role or gender queer expression"

Pangender: “A person whose gender identity is comprised of many gender expressions."

Trigender: “People who feel they are neither male nor female, but not androgynous either and construct their own gender.” Trigender may also be used to refer to one who moves between three genders, as bigender is used to refer to those who move between two genders."
Last edited by Rocopurr on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Luveria
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

I acknowledge I exist.

Rocopurr wrote:After all, it isn't hurting anyone to have more than male and female

The shocking truth hurts some people.
Last edited by Luveria on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Since gender is a social construct, it's definitely not binary.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Rocopurr wrote:Buried under the gay rights and abortion threads, it's a gender related thread. A non-binary gender thread, oooh.

Hold up, now, I don't think NSG is ready for this sort of outta-the-blue topic.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

I've always preferred base 12 to binary anyway.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Arcadonisia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadonisia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Wouldn't Genderqueer be a non-binary gender as well?
DEFCON: [1][2][3][4][5]
I'm a FanT/MT nation. RP Population: 320,000,000
Economic Left/Right: -5.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41
XENO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Arcadonisia wrote:Wouldn't Genderqueer be a non-binary gender as well?

Yes.

Britannic Realms
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannic Realms » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm going to be the first person in this thread to say that I believe that there are only two genders: male and female.
British, Bisexual, Protestant

Pro: civil rights for all, Scottish unionism, electoral reform, mixed economics, NATO, Commonwealth, foreign aid, nuclear weapons
Neutral: Irish unionism, European Union
Anti: fascism, communism, neoliberalism, populism
Disclaimer: Many of my past forum posts (particularly the oldest ones) are not representative of my current views, I'm way more progressive than I was back then lol.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Arcadonisia wrote:Wouldn't Genderqueer be a non-binary gender as well?

Yes, but genderqueer is a broad term that could describe several of the genders I listed.
Last edited by Rocopurr on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Britannic Realms wrote:I'm going to be the first person in this thread to say that I believe that there are only two genders: male and female.

And how do you define those genders?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Sempans
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sempans » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

I do not believe in the gender binary. Things are never black and white. There are more genders out there! Male or female, in between or outside(or label-less if you prefer)!
COME TO THE REGION OF GAY: Even if you are not gay, we can certainly make you happy. This is a safe haven for you to celebrate yourself and your community!!!!

Authoritarian Libertarians
Attaché

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Authoritarian Libertarians » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Britannic Realms wrote:I'm going to be the first person in this thread to say that I believe that there are only two genders: male and female.

Then you're going to be the first person on this thread to get dogpiled.

I acknowledge non-binary genders, myself.
TET's favorite commie.

Luveria
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

And I believe the earth is flat.

Tough shit, huh?

Ramenasia
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramenasia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Why use binary when you can go hexadecimal?
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59

Arsuf
Envoy

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arsuf » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I gotta agree with you there, the stuff people nowadays spurt out is ridiculous to me, you are either a man or a woman, the very idea of more genders is laughable, any of you who are going to rage, show me your different biological parts eh? Men have penises and women have vaginas, simple, if you have something different, prove it and I will believe you.

Sempans
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sempans » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Why exactly do you believe in the gender binary?
COME TO THE REGION OF GAY: Even if you are not gay, we can certainly make you happy. This is a safe haven for you to celebrate yourself and your community!!!!

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Rocopurr wrote:Buried under the gay rights and abortion threads, it's a gender related thread. A non-binary gender thread, oooh.

Anyways, do you acknowledge non-binary genders?

Yup.

Not really sure what else to say. :p
Useless Eaters wrote:This is a clear attempt to flamenco.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 pm

There are two biological sexes. In regards to gender, you can call yourself whatever you want.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Arsuf wrote:

I gotta agree with you there, the stuff people nowadays spurt out is ridiculous to me, you are either a man or a woman, the very idea of more genders is laughable, any of you who are going to rage, show me your different biological parts eh? Men have penises and women have vaginas, simple, if you have something different, prove it and I will believe you.

You don't have to have a vagina to be of female gender. Ships are generally gender female, for instance.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Atelia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Atelia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Arsuf wrote:

Agreed.
Orthodox Crusader, Proud Pontic Greek living in Moscow, Traditionalist, Eurasianist, ENTJ single man.

☩Defend Humanity, Rebel Against The Modern World☩

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Genders are all psychological constructs to form social meaning. So, yes, I suppose, given the situation of one's thoughts and what not, there could be more than two genders...

Not something I really think about that often. If someone wants to consider themselves some gender that is not male or female, they can knock themselves out. That won't change anatomy which, to me, is what really matters... at least to a majority of the population when considering one's gender (which is, unfortunately, often interchanged, incorrectly, with one's sex).
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Asuiop
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuiop » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 pm

The only Non-Binary gender I acknowledge is hermaphrodites, which are extremely rare. Other than that your either a male or female.
"Unless hes ready to put some serious boot to ass, Hungry is fucked. Blobhemia, Austria, Switzerland, Britanny and whoever else gets cascaded. Thats a hell of an alliance to go against, especially because you know France will worm their way in too. They always do."
- Some random EU3 player

Join the UU(Unitarian Union) today! We are completely open region with our own centralized currency, the Unitaria! The only requirement is that you change your currency to the Unitaria.

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Arsuf wrote:

Not only have you gotten gender and sex confused, but options besides "penis" and "vagina" quite definitely exist.

The world is not nearly as simple as you think it is.
Useless Eaters wrote:This is a clear attempt to flamenco.

Sempans
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sempans » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Ponderosa wrote:There are two biological sexes. In regards to gender, you can call yourself whatever you want.

Not actually true...Biological has to do with your chromosomes being xy or xx...but what of those with xxx or xxy or xyy...there are people documented with these chromosomes...

Britannic Realms
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannic Realms » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:55 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

And how do you define those genders?

Man - somebody who has male reproductive organs.
Female - somebody who has female reproductive organs.

Sempans wrote:

Why exactly do you believe in the gender binary?

You are either a man or a woman. You have the traits and anatomy of one or the other.
British, Bisexual, Protestant

Pro: civil rights for all, Scottish unionism, electoral reform, mixed economics, NATO, Commonwealth, foreign aid, nuclear weapons
Neutral: Irish unionism, European Union
Anti: fascism, communism, neoliberalism, populism
Disclaimer: Many of my past forum posts (particularly the oldest ones) are not representative of my current views, I'm way more progressive than I was back then lol.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General