NATION

PASSWORD

What do you think of same-sex church wedding ceremonies?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Nationalist State of Knox
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10293
Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist State of Knox » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:Have fun with that. Your argument still makes no sense.


Explain one reason why my argument makes no sense.

You assume the existence of your god with zero evidence, and use that as a basis for what others can and can't do.
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Mon Aru 17, 2467 BC 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Knox.
Biblical Authorship
God is Malevolent.
Bible Inaccuracies
Ifreann wrote:Knox: /ˈɡɪl.ɡə.mɛʃ/
Impeach Enlil, legalise dreaming, mortality is theft. GILGAMESH 2474 BC

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:Have fun with that. Your argument still makes no sense.


Explain one reason why my argument makes no sense.

God teaches us that slavery is good. IS that a good argument for slavery?
password scrambled

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53385
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Liriena wrote:That's what we are doing right now. We are refuting your bullshit.


Did I ask you to do it? No. So shut your piehole, gaylord.

Well, aren't you a cute and mature little thing? I want to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair for that asinine 'response' of yours.

Sorry, sweetie, but I have every right to call you out on your baseless bullshit. Besides, calling me 'gaylord' is a really lousy insult. I'm not a 'gaylord'. I'm a faggot.

Go shag your lousy posts with a cactus, my love. :roll:
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 am

Slafstopia wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.


I said a logical reason, not a logically fallacious reason. Big difference.


You told me to give you one reason. Regardless. And I did. So close that mouth of yours, low-life.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Mkuki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10584
Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:Have fun with that. Your argument still makes no sense.


Explain one reason why my argument makes no sense.

I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.
Last edited by Mkuki on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 am

Liriena wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Did I ask you to do it? No. So shut your piehole, gaylord.

Well, aren't you a cute and mature little thing? I want to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair for that asinine 'response' of yours.

Sorry, sweetie, but I have every right to call you out on your baseless bullshit. Besides, calling me 'gaylord' is a really lousy insult. I'm not a 'gaylord'. I'm a faggot.

Go shag your lousy posts with a cactus, my love. :roll:

If anyone is the gay lord in this relationship, it's me.
password scrambled

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53385
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am

Condunum wrote:
Nationalist State of Knox wrote:Your "god" doesn't exist.

Ahura Mazda is the One True God.

Actually, Vāhigurū is.

It's obviously Odin, duh!
I don't see any Frost Giants! :p
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am

Liriena wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Did I ask you to do it? No. So shut your piehole, gaylord.

Well, aren't you a cute and mature little thing? I want to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair for that asinine 'response' of yours.

Sorry, sweetie, but I have every right to call you out on your baseless bullshit. Besides, calling me 'gaylord' is a really lousy insult. I'm not a 'gaylord'. I'm a faggot.

Go shag your lousy posts with a cactus, my love. :roll:


Coming from the guy that calls himself a "faggot".

Little baby bitch.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Slafstopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1711
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slafstopia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
I said a logical reason, not a logically fallacious reason. Big difference.


You told me to give you one reason. Regardless. And I did. So close that mouth of yours, low-life.


Nice ad hominem. I asked for a logical reason, not a plain reason.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.50
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -9.48
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -8.09
Socio-economic Quiz: Anarchism 100%, Marxism 92%, Democratic Socialism 92%
Economic Quiz: Ghandian 100%
Alignment: Chaotic Evil


Slavyukriy, by Ceni.
Officially, Slafstopia is Lyapzem.

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am

Mkuki wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Explain one reason why my argument makes no sense.

I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.

You really don't even need to refute his moral ideas. In fact, it's impossible, because of the position God is squandered into. It's far easier to just expose the truth that relying on biblical text is not satisfactory, because it isn't.
password scrambled

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
I said a logical reason, not a logically fallacious reason. Big difference.


You told me to give you one reason. Regardless. And I did. So close that mouth of yours, low-life.


One logical reason, one good, acceptable reason. Not a fallacious, bad, silly, logicless reason.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 am

Mkuki wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Explain one reason why my argument makes no sense.

I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.


God does not exist, huh. Shitty athiest. Keep on denying God. He will punish you, if not in this life, but the afterlife. Just wait and see.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Liriena wrote:Well, aren't you a cute and mature little thing? I want to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair for that asinine 'response' of yours.

Sorry, sweetie, but I have every right to call you out on your baseless bullshit. Besides, calling me 'gaylord' is a really lousy insult. I'm not a 'gaylord'. I'm a faggot.

Go shag your lousy posts with a cactus, my love. :roll:


Coming from the guy that calls himself a "faggot".

Little baby bitch.

Wow, you get offended easily.
password scrambled

User avatar
Breadknife
Minister
 
Posts: 2803
Founded: Jul 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Breadknife » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Vazdania wrote:God Save The Queen!

God Save His Royal Highness His Majesty The Prince George Alaxander Lewis!!!


Isn't that "Louis"? (My first thoughts: We're going after the long-lost throne of France, within a couple of decades!)

(And, "Alexander", come to that. Have we got our sights on Greece as well? ;)
Ceci n'est pas une griffe.

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53385
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Condunum wrote:
Liriena wrote:Well, aren't you a cute and mature little thing? I want to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair for that asinine 'response' of yours.

Sorry, sweetie, but I have every right to call you out on your baseless bullshit. Besides, calling me 'gaylord' is a really lousy insult. I'm not a 'gaylord'. I'm a faggot.

Go shag your lousy posts with a cactus, my love. :roll:

If anyone is the gay lord in this relationship, it's me.

I'm definitely not going to contradict you on that. :blush:

Aquafireland wrote:
Liriena wrote:Well, aren't you a cute and mature little thing? I want to pinch your cheeks and ruffle your hair for that asinine 'response' of yours.

Sorry, sweetie, but I have every right to call you out on your baseless bullshit. Besides, calling me 'gaylord' is a really lousy insult. I'm not a 'gaylord'. I'm a faggot.

Go shag your lousy posts with a cactus, my love. :roll:


Coming from the guy that calls himself a "faggot".

Little baby bitch.

Go back to the darkest, foulest depths of Youtube, child. On NS, we do not tolerate your childish insults, and we sure as hell do not take such asinine bullshit as the sort you tried to portray as 'arguments'.

But thanks for trying.

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
I said a logical reason, not a logically fallacious reason. Big difference.


You told me to give you one reason. Regardless. And I did. So close that mouth of yours, low-life.

Well, I'm sorry, cutie, but since your 'reason' was everything but reasonable, we really don't have any reason ourselves to 'close these mouths of ours'. Feel free to shove that cactus up your posts' unwiped arses whenever you feel like it.
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Benomia wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
You told me to give you one reason. Regardless. And I did. So close that mouth of yours, low-life.


One logical reason, one good, acceptable reason. Not a fallacious, bad, silly, logicless reason.


Tell me why its not a logical, good, acceptable reason.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Benomia wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
You told me to give you one reason. Regardless. And I did. So close that mouth of yours, low-life.


One logical reason, one good, acceptable reason. Not a fallacious, bad, silly, logicless reason.

That's not an argument. Even if it is a fallicious reason, you have to expose why. Otherwise you're not doing anything buy contradicting him.
password scrambled

User avatar
Mkuki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10584
Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.


God does not exist, huh. Shitty athiest. Keep on denying God. He will punish you, if not in this life, but the afterlife. Just wait and see.

Yeah. Yeah. I've heard it all before.

Why not try and disprove what I said instead?
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.


God does not exist, huh. Shitty athiest. Keep on denying God. He will punish you, if not in this life, but the afterlife. Just wait and see.

So scary.

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 am

Condunum wrote:
Benomia wrote:
One logical reason, one good, acceptable reason. Not a fallacious, bad, silly, logicless reason.

That's not an argument. Even if it is a fallicious reason, you have to expose why. Otherwise you're not doing anything buy contradicting him.


We have exposed why.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

User avatar
Slafstopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1711
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slafstopia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.


God does not exist, huh. Shitty athiest. Keep on denying God. He will punish you, if not in this life, but the afterlife. Just wait and see.


Regardless of your beliefs, his second reason is completely logical. But no, go ahead, disregard it and continue your ad hominem train.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.50
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -9.48
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -8.09
Socio-economic Quiz: Anarchism 100%, Marxism 92%, Democratic Socialism 92%
Economic Quiz: Ghandian 100%
Alignment: Chaotic Evil


Slavyukriy, by Ceni.
Officially, Slafstopia is Lyapzem.

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53385
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:I'll give you two.

1. God does not exist.
2. If God did exist, and he disapproved of gay sex, he would clearly have the power to prevent people from having gay sex. The fact that people have gay sex is proof enough of two things. Either God does not exist or God doesn't disapprove of either homosexuality or gay sex.


God does not exist, huh. Shitty athiest. Keep on denying God. He will punish you, if not in this life, but the afterlife. Just wait and see.

Now that's what I call Christian love and tolerance!
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Benomia wrote:
One logical reason, one good, acceptable reason. Not a fallacious, bad, silly, logicless reason.


Tell me why its not a logical, good, acceptable reason.

Because it's only backed up by a religious text. You have to show how that is correct.
password scrambled

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 am

Benomia wrote:
Condunum wrote:That's not an argument. Even if it is a fallicious reason, you have to expose why. Otherwise you're not doing anything buy contradicting him.


We have exposed why.

Fair enough.
password scrambled

User avatar
Salandriagado
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17577
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.


There is no god. You have failed logic.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: An Alan Smithee Nation, Arshanid Deccan, Bogan Laker, Danubia-Slavia, Dooom35796821595, Dumb Ideologies, Duvniask, Estanglia, Fartsniffage, Genivaria, Great Harthund, Hirota, Loben, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mushet, Naverria, Novus America, Papalotltlan, Serbia and Montengro, Soviet Technocracy4, Telconi, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord, The Xenopolis Confederation, Thuzbekistan, Uxupox, Venkara, Yahoo [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads