NATION

PASSWORD

Have you ever played D&D?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you ever Played Dungeons and Dragons?

Beats sword against shield to intimidate the enemy and screams: "Yes!"
69%
"No." looks at the other crowd who seem to be beating Wooden Swords on Trashcan lids..."What the hell?"
31%

Total votes : 211

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Slaytesics wrote:Anyone know how to make a Fallout 3 Campaign, i really want to, but guns seem to complicated...

not really. take your weakest opponent in Fallout 3. assign it it's hit dice. and figure out how many shots per type of gun it takes to kill it.

divide the number of shots against the hit points you assigned and use that as the average damage for the weapon. so say... two pistol shots to kill the weak monster and you figure it has a hp of say 5. that would make it 3 points of average damage or 1 d6.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SaintB » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Slaytesics wrote:Anyone know how to make a Fallout 3 Campaign, i really want to, but guns seem to complicated...

My group adapted the rules for D20 Modern.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Bunyippie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bunyippie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 pm

I own 3 of the books
"One nation, under Fundies, easily divided, with rights for some, not all."

Farnhamia wrote:
Okay, I give. Yes, you may ... have sex with your household pets. Just, please, try to keep the noise down.

Slaytesics
Minister

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:48 pm

If anyone wants to DM a skype 3.5 D&D game, please visit this thread, viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27336
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia wrote:Total BS.
Wanna meet girls? Go play Farmville.
Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:(Image)

Ranbo wrote:Heey! I'm not perv!

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Role Master:

Friend is playing a Pixie Paladin. yes, you heard me. a fairy paladin. he wanted a silvered weapon so bad that the first city he entered (and we broke rule #1 right away... we split up the party) he went to a weaponsmith and asked him to silver his weapon.

The smith asked to look at the weapon (and the paladin turned it over to him) and declared that the price would be 2 silver pieces.

not having any money on him... he rushes out to look for his teammates...

on the way, he runs afoul (pun intended) of the royalty's pet hawk.

Player: I draw my weapon.
DM: What weapon?
Player: My sword.
DM: the one you left with the blacksmith?
Player: *thinks back* oh shit... I never took it back, didn't I? ... I er... run!

I would like to say that he never did that again...

but I would be lying... :p
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:39 pm

An exchange from last weekend:

Wizard: Alright, we have the chest with 133 pounds of pure platinum(Essentially worth 1k gold per piece of platinum, with a calculated worth of 100 plat pieces per pound, in our games for simpler money tracking or something wierd).
Me: Correction, YOU have 133 pounds.
Wizard: What does that mean?
Me: Nothing really, just pointing it out.
Wizard: Alright, now of the 133 pounds that we have...
Me: You have.
Wizard: Why do you keep saying that?
Me: No reason, continue.
Wizard: Now, we're going to split the platinum we have...
Me: You mean you have.
Wizard: You know what, you don't get a cut. Nothing. I bet you some platinum in your bag you're not telling me about.
Me: Bluff check! *fails bluff* Um... er... uh... Intimidate check! *fails* Crap...
Gnome Rogue: He doesn't have anyting, he should get a cut! I saw what's in his bag! Bluff check... success!
Wizard: I'm confused...
Me: Well, as the Gnome says, I'm broke. I have no money, I want my cut.
Wizard: Fine, your cut is 100.
Me: *Takes money* I'm going to go sell my 300 pounds of Platinum now.

Backstory on this: The Gnome is a bastard, and steals from everyone. Recently, he took every last dime I had. Well, during the previous quest to this, we had a bit of luck finding a massive wealth in platinum. While nobody was really paying much attention, I put 300 pounds of the stuff in the bag, knowing very well I'd get screwed if I didn't. Well, the Gnome, thinking he took everything I had, vouched for me(Because he wanted to confuse the Wizard, his arch-nemesis), and I wanted my cut damn it.

So in the end, it was a fun conversation.
Last edited by Seangoli on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neocaridia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Neocaridia » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Slaytesics wrote:If anyone wants to DM a skype 3.5 D&D game, please visit this thread, viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27336

I think a game over AIM would generate more interest as not many people have webcams/headsets or even Skype itself.

Kelewann
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:25 pm

If you need a person for DM ill do it :)
"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But im pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, i'll kill you all" - Marine General James Mattis to Iraqi Leaders
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
reason: At peace

Kelewann
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelewann » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:30 pm

JuNii wrote:Role Master:

Friend is playing a Pixie Paladin. yes, you heard me. a fairy paladin. he wanted a silvered weapon so bad that the first city he entered (and we broke rule #1 right away... we split up the party) he went to a weaponsmith and asked him to silver his weapon.

In all the games iv played when ever anyone entered a city we all slpit up and got all our stuff together and then convedered later lol...also I think rule 1 is: Dont think everything the DM does has a reason. ... or a high role isnt always good.
Iv spent countless roles rolling then to find out right after them Oh i was just curious to what you rolled, their was no point to that.
"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But im pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, i'll kill you all" - Marine General James Mattis to Iraqi Leaders
DEFCON
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
reason: At peace

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:31 pm

I am about to play D&D Online actually. ;)
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

Battle Lance
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Battle Lance » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:32 pm

The answer to the question above is yes... yes very much indeed. I'm not even going to go into all of the characters that I've played.

Redwulf
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Redwulf » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:36 pm

JuNii wrote:
Allbeama wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Slaytesics wrote:
Slaytesics wrote:On my rolls, the stats I got to assign were numbered, in this exact order, 8;9;10;11;12;13. I am gonna hold my team down the entire fucking time, I am sad :(

Can anyone suggest a good race and class for me?

You may not know, but Kobolds are reptilian now. Considering the race is typically LE how does a kobold become a Paladin exactly?

a while back, a class was introduced in the 2nd AD&D world. The ANTI-Paladin. basically a paladin for Evil Gods. I don't see why Evil Gods can't have Paladins of their own.

That's one of the reasons 4th did away with alignment restrictions. Unfortunately they kept alignment.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Just remember, no one likes an asshole.
Don't make me serious. You wouldn't like me when I'm serious.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:01 pm

RhynoD & Battle Lance are officially warned for quote pyramid spam.

Can we petition to make "abuse the quote pyramid, lose the quote pyramid" a NSG proverb, if it isn't already?
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Redwulf
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Redwulf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Czardas wrote:RhynoD & Battle Lance are officially warned for quote pyramid spam.

Can we petition to make "abuse the quote pyramid, lose the quote pyramid" a NSG proverb, if it isn't already?

I inadvertently contributed when I neglected to clip the quote pyramid when complaining to the two of them about it and apologize for that despite not being warned. I'm glad to see a thread that had been interesting unlocked.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Just remember, no one likes an asshole.
Don't make me serious. You wouldn't like me when I'm serious.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Redwulf wrote:
Czardas wrote:RhynoD & Battle Lance are officially warned for quote pyramid spam.

I inadvertently contributed when I neglected to clip the quote pyramid when complaining to the two of them about it and apologize for that despite not being warned. I'm glad to see a thread that had been interesting unlocked.

Hm. Well, you escaped a warning on a technicality -- namely, I didn't see your post. :S It would be a bit unfair to warn you as well just for pointing it out to me, and it was only one post, but yeah. Don't do it again.
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Flameswroth
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Flameswroth » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:04 am

Ran a short test session over the webcam & microphone with my DM last night to get my character up a level to match the other players and to introduce me to the story. I'm playing a human sorcerer with the Undead bloodline, and the mission was to help stop child-trafficking in the older part of the city. Fought several tieflings, which was good. I hate tieflings.

Can't wait to play with everyone else tonight!
Czardas wrote:Why should we bail out climate change with billions of dollars, when lesbians are starving in the streets because they can't afford an abortion?

Reagan Clone wrote:What you are proposing is glorifying God by loving, respecting, or at least tolerating, his other creations.

That is the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard, and I had Barry Manilow perform at the White House in '82.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General