NATION

PASSWORD

Offensive or Funny?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dress up Jesus

Wildly funny
3%
Mildly amusing
25%
Booooring ... yawn.
37%
Maybe just a bit, oh, I don't know, offputting.
8%
Offensive
11%
Heresy, you need to burn for this
6%
Bonobos.
11%

Total votes : 216

Phing Phong
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am

Imsogone wrote:This hasn't been posted here in ... years, possibly not since Jolt. Anyway, I'm posting it as a form of, oh, test, I guess. That's not really the right word for it, but nothing better comes to mind.

The first time I saw this, I thought it was hysterically funny, as I got a bit older, I decided it was mildly amusing, now I think it's sort of meh.

I guess I really just want to know how you feel about it ... amused, bored, offended.

http://www.jesusdressup.com/

It is only funny to the extent that people get offended by it. It's a bit outdated.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

SaorAlba
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby SaorAlba » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Wildly amusing :)

But I must protest why no kilt??

In star wars no chewwie >:(

How about a star trek dress up?

Or one for all the orange men out their mibbies a wee sash? :lol:
Scottish not British.

for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Saor Alba!

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

I was not aware there was a dichotomy.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Kind of cute, but not as awesome as a Nuremberg Rally or anything.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 pm

offensive does not always make less funny. funny never makes less offensive. where either applies. the example cited however, fails miserably at being very much of particularly either.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:37 am

DogDoo 7 wrote:The whole Jesus thing is weird though. Like why does he actually have to be God? Can't he just be a respected prophet?

That's what is Islam is

Also, I am a Christian. I believe in God, I believe that Jesus is God. There is no reason for my belief, but at the same time, it's also not blind faith
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 am

Australian Republic wrote:
DogDoo 7 wrote:The whole Jesus thing is weird though. Like why does he actually have to be God? Can't he just be a respected prophet?

That's what is Islam is

Also, I am a Christian. I believe in God, I believe that Jesus is God. There is no reason for my belief, but at the same time, it's also not blind faith

Blind faith is technically having no reason to believe, but believing anyway..
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:45 am

Liberated Counties wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:

That's what is Islam is

Blind faith is technically having no reason to believe, but believing anyway..

Hmm...
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:17 am

Reminds me of the Jesus action figure.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 am

It made me chuckle and I dressed him up like Hulk Hogan, then I was done with it for the rest of my life.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:56 am

Let's put silly clothes on a dead guy. Yay. Maybe not offensive, but a bit tasteless.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:59 am

Neither offensive nor funny, just boring.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General