NATION

PASSWORD

LARPing vs forum roleplaying. which is better.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:45 am

Hornesia wrote:I'm just happy civil war reenacting isn't defined as LARPing. :p
(Mainly because we actually use real weapons)

Technically, it is. It's just that "LARP" is usually used exclusively for fantasy LARP.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 am

Scott W Pilgrim wrote:
Desperate Measures wrote:I really should shower after this cup of coffee, is what I'm thinking.

Coffee has laxative properties.

Don't take a shit in the shower.

I'l do my level best.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:55 am

Forum all the way. Seriously does anyone have any idea how hard it is to find a dark and dreary medieval inn at night and in the rain? And when you finally do find it and sit down it turns out the DM is pulling a meanwhile...

It was a dark and stormy night in the village in. The good, the bad and the ugly along with every other form of adventurers gathered here to meat up and plan their quests...

Meanwhile in a completely different place our heroes... RAGE :evil:

On the plus side the fact that the DM has to physically be there to do it generally helps put him off from doing anything that will get his legs broken. :p

* In case you have not figured it out, this post is posted in jest. *
Last edited by Purpelia on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:58 am

Page wrote:I've never done a LARP though I'd imagine if it were well-organized and with people who share my interests, it'd be a hella cool time.

^

My thoughts exactly.

Greto
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:08 am

I've never done LARP but from what I've just looked up on Youtube I can assure you, I would never try it.
The Western Russians wrote:Move to London and you get a fuck load of chavs shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Whereas in Scotland you get a fuck load of homeless people shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Wales and you'll get a fuck load of DRG telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Ireland you're going to get a fuck load of IRA telling you you're going to get bombed.

Readiness Level Unified Armed Forces: DEFCON 5
Terrorism Alert Level: Low

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 am

I went to a summer camp that had a camp wide event they called "spy night" as I recall it was intensely fun. The entire camp split into two teams, the "spies" had secret messages hidden on them and they had to make it from one end of the camp to the other without being caught by the guards or soldiers (and we're talking acres and acres of field and forest), also it went all day and through the night until the wee hours. This was almost as fun as the camp wide capture the flag games, but more roll playish.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General