NATION

PASSWORD

little boy raped with pencil, builds character

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revolutionarily
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutionarily » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 pm

This is very fucked up. I mean i guess i understand why animals show dominance over others by harming them but i do not see why complex humans feel the need to put their fingers and sticks in the anus of someone else of their gender and apart of their team. Screenings of their minds need to be done.

Aurora Novus
Senator

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora Novus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:08 am

Barbarism at it's finest.

"Let me do terrible things to you against your will! If you dare complain, YOU'RE at fault!"

It doesn't help me that I just got out of a relationship situation like this with someone (not the rape part, but the victim blaming part). Bloody manipulative, barbaric asshats.

IshCong
Senator

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby IshCong » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:24 am

The ruivan Empire wrote:
IshCong wrote:
Firstly, that won't eradicate bullying. That will maybe stop one bully from bullying one person. Bullying is a worldwide phenomenon and would require a great deal more than solving one incident to eradicate. That's without even considering the low self-esteem and self-confidence inherent to bullying victims, who are often physically weak even before bullying occurs or that the sort of violence you propose often results in perpetuating violence.
Secondly, what you describe sounds like assault anyway and not just self-defense.

I respect your opinion however i must disagree, while a bully who simply makes fun of a person shouls not get the snot beat out of them i meant the type of bully who likes to get physical should be beaten. I apologize i should have been specific, in my opinion once someone tries to put there hands on you all bets are off because i belive you are defending yourself at that point.

Self-defense laws are a tad more complicated then that. It depends, but there are very few instances and places where you can just beat the ever-living shit out of someone simply because they laid a hand on you and rightfully so. Things like proportional response or trying to avoid the situation entirely prior to engaging in violence tend to show up a lot.
"I think that Ish'Cong coming back is what actually killed Nations. Not the CAS ragequitting and the Axis being the Axis."
The Identifier
Lt. Plot Spoiler
General Kill-joy
Major Wiki God
Comrade Commissar
Licensed Messenger Boy

IshCong
Senator

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby IshCong » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:35 am

Risottia wrote:
IshCong wrote:
What would be the appropriate severity though, in your opinion?
I ask out of genuine curiosity.

Have the CPS take the rapists away from their families, giving them into appropriate foster care and force them to attend psychical care.

I can understand that, though if that were standard procedure in cases like this I'd like the foster care system to be better than it currently is. I've seen a few too many instances of abuse or neglect in the foster care system, instances that certainly wouldn't help people like the rapists become functional and productive members of society.
Of course, I think it needs to become better than it currently is in general anyway.

Risottia wrote:Jail the teachers/trainers who were supposed to be the responsible adults watching over both rapists and victim.

Like, the entire staff? So failure to detect a crime is now a crime? Or did I miss something here?

Risottia wrote:Force the rapists' families to pay for the victim's care until he has recovered from the psychical trauma.

Just to be clear, this is intended to deliberately punish the parents/family for their failure to raise the children to, well, not be rapists?

Risottia wrote:Sack everyone who expressed support for not reporting such crimes, for bullying, hazing and/or for rape from their eventual jobs as teacher or public official, issue them a ten-year ban from holding office, from teaching, and from being around any minor other than their own children.

Interesting. I wonder how the law could/would reconcile that with free speech laws though.
"I think that Ish'Cong coming back is what actually killed Nations. Not the CAS ragequitting and the Axis being the Axis."
The Identifier
Lt. Plot Spoiler
General Kill-joy
Major Wiki God
Comrade Commissar
Licensed Messenger Boy

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:56 am

IshCong wrote:
Hoyteca wrote:I wonder if the town would have let them get away with it if they weren't on the team and therefore wouldn't be able to win shiny trophies. That's the thing about some small towns. The local high school star players can do no wrong. They could rape all the wives, kick all the puppies, fund the Taliban, offer free blow jobs to Al Quieda, urinate in all the coffee, and make baby Jesus cry and all the locals would care about is how shiny trophies are.

That's why they hate the victim. Because he's threatening to deprive them of more shiny trophies that could be won by the rapists.

I imagine the reasons for the behavior of the townsfolk were numerous and diverse, everything from knowing the family personally, the role of the perpetrators on the wrestling team, a general wish to refrain from 'rocking the boat', and more rather than only one cause.

And who knows, maybe some people who don't talk to reporters. I'm not sure I would.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:03 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Ksclve wrote:
yes
I was expecting a little boy not a 13 year old

but I kept reading and then it turned out that not only is he not a little boy but he's sport playing "strudy" ape
not hot at all!..who would want to rape someone like that?

13 yrs old is by no stretch a mature human being. Little boy fits fine in this case.

I disagree.

Ailiailia wrote:
bloomberg wrote:
13-year-old boy
the boy
the victim
the victim’s father ... his son’s privacy
stuffing boys into lockers ... 40 high school boys
the boy
one of the boys
boy-on-boy
High school boys ... younger boys
the boy: ‘Be a man,’ and a boy is not a man, so that’s not possible,”
Their 13-year-old son
the boy ... boys ... the younger boy
the boys
his son
the coach’s boys
the three boys
the 7th-grade victim
the victim
the victim’s

“They blamed our victim,” said Lynn Kimbrough, a spokeswoman for the [b]Denver district attorney’s office, which brought the charges against the three students. “There was a huge backlash, and everybody turned against this boy and his family for bringing trouble to their town.”

his son
“My son ...”
his children
The principal’s son, now 14

Souseiseki wrote:Incidentally, the best line and probably the main question.

Given that the district attorney describes the nameless victim as "this boy", and none of the people interviewed described him as a "little boy", isn't it needlessly emotive to call him a little boy in the thread title?

Sorry to bring this up so late in the thread, but it's one of those things you notice the tenth time you see the thread title on the index page.

I think that's your opinion, and shouldn't be in red.

That is an actual boy, of at least 14 years old now, who can read whatever gets said about him here. Nobody quoted in the article called him a "little boy" ... including many townsfolk who know him in person, plus a professor, a district attorney and the boy's own father. The authors of the article, having spoken with the father, use "boy" scrupulously throughout.

When did infantalizing the victims of sexual assault become a thing? Surely it is at least debatable whether we should call him a "little boy".

I don't dispute the warning itself though. It was a vile post.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:17 am

Tyriece wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Nuke the entire town from orbit. Leave no survivors.

Bullying at school? nuke the town. FUCK LOGIC!

Nuck no Nurinburg yess. Treating bulling lightly is a Crime Agents Humanity and needs to be dealt with RUTHLESSLY.

PS: If you want to go BaRJ you cold take the houses of the mob of attackers and give them to to the victims (both of the attacker and the victim of the attack and the wissle-blower): then put the coverup people (coach and schoolbord on the sex offender registry.
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:23 am

Risottia wrote:
IshCong wrote:
What would be the appropriate severity though, in your opinion?
I ask out of genuine curiosity.

Have the CPS take the rapists away from their families, giving them into appropriate foster care and force them to attend psychical care.
Jail the teachers/trainers who were supposed to be the responsible adults watching over both rapists and victim.
Force the rapists' families to pay for the victim's care until he has recovered from the psychical trauma.
Sack everyone who expressed support for not reporting such crimes, for bullying, hazing and/or for rape from their eventual jobs as teacher or public official, issue them a ten-year ban from holding office, from teaching, and from being around any minor other than their own children.

This works; I wish we could be more ruthless but revenge is unethical.
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General