NATION

PASSWORD

Gay rights?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support gay rights?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 343

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 am

Risottia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:My religion. And I am just going to leave it at that. I don't want to argue about whether God is real or not right now.

Well, your choice; but it's not like enforcing your religious standards on other people is going to help your cause for sanctity a lot.

He already said he doesn't wish to force his views on others.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Red Croatia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Croatia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Meryuma wrote:
Why is it immoral? Things aren't just arbitrarily moral or immoral.

My religion. And I am just going to leave it at that. I don't want to argue about whether God is real or not right now.

In that case you should try to be more tolerant.

Have you ever considered that there are other people,with religions,lifestyles and opinions that are not similar to yours and have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to hurt your belief which should not be underlooked by your standards?
Last edited by Red Croatia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"..My Innocence is wearing thin, but my heart is growing strong.. So call me, call me.. Miss.. Movin' On.."
"..You don't have to be afraid to put your dreams in action..
You're never gonna fade you'll be the main attraction.."

I'm the kind of person that you don't want to get mad.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am

Individuality-ness wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:It's not your fault.

I know, but man, that sucks.

Indeed. The rage-quit was pretty funny though. I have only seen a rage-quit a few times on NSG before.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am

Risottia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:My religion. And I am just going to leave it at that. I don't want to argue about whether God is real or not right now.

Well, your choice; but it's not like enforcing your religious standards on other people is going to help your cause for sanctity a lot.

That's one of the great thing about him: he doesn't try and force his beliefs on others. He hates homosexuality, but he agrees that they deserve the same rights.
Last edited by Wisconsin9 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:I know, but man, that sucks.

Indeed. The rage-quit was pretty funny though. I have only seen a rage-quit a few times on NSG before.

Amusing, right? Hopefully no suicide by mod though.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am

Individuality-ness wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:It's not your fault.

I know, but man, that sucks.

*pats on back* Look, now you've depressed her!
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:30 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Meryuma wrote:
Why is it immoral? Things aren't just arbitrarily moral or immoral.

My religion. And I am just going to leave it at that. I don't want to argue about whether God is real or not right now.

So, it'd be immoral to you - but not to people who don't follow your religion. Gotcha.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:I know, but man, that sucks.

*pats on back* Look, now you've depressed her!

What did I do?!

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:32 am

Hathradic States wrote:
Risottia wrote:Well, your choice; but it's not like enforcing your religious standards on other people is going to help your cause for sanctity a lot.

He already said he doesn't wish to force his views on others.

Correct.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:32 am

Red Croatia wrote:

Have you ever considered that there are other people,with religions,lifestyles and opinions that are not similar to yours and have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to hurt your belief should not be underlooked by your standards?

You can view people as degenerates and still allow them equal rights. I look down on many people, yet I do not hold it against them, and do not think it reason to forbid them rights.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Ascalion
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascalion » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:32 am

I'm going to make everyone on both sides mad by saying I support them, I'm straight, and I'm Christian. So why do I support them? Because the Bible said a man shall not lie with a man, and a woman shall not lie with a woman. Now, by Jesus' time, he stopped an angry mob from stoning an adulteress to death. Now, in my eyes (the eyes of a Christian) adultery and homosexuality have one thing in common; they are both sexual sins that did not hurt anyone (physically at least). I also know that the Bible said words to the effect of respecting your government. I think God wants us to love everyone, and I think, as a Christian, there is no part of my faith that says homosexuality should be illegal. So that said, I think we should legalize gay rights, and since it is not contradicting our faith (being that it is not our business) we should respect the law.

Please, no religion debate. It is very tiring, and no one here has a camera that can take pictures of God being there or not being there. So I very highly doubt you'll disprove him or prove him. That said, I bring this up because many fundamentalist churches have cast a poor shadow upon us Christians. I, and many others like me, do not hate homosexuals. Some still are against gay right (specifically marriage), but marriage is not a strictly Christian thing, so why should it be denied from homosexuals?

My last point to make people mad is that, although I support gay rights, I do not support gay pride parades. Reason being? After seeing enough cardboard genitals, it kinda puts a person off. If you wish to celebrate your freedoms and rights, feel free to do so! Just please tone down the sexuality. This isn't just a beef I have with homosexuals, I have seen even teeny boppers swallowing each others faces that I want to puke. I would appreciate not seeing any of that. I'm sure many would call this unreasonable. Well, sorry that I have my own set of morals (something you would call "prudish") but I have a right to them, and they don't seem to be infringing on anyone else's.

Other than that little bit, gay rights are fine.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:33 am

Red Croatia wrote:

Have you ever considered that there are other people,with religions,lifestyles and opinions that are not similar to yours and have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to hurt your belief which should not be underlooked by your standards?

I have already said that I do not wish to force my beliefs on others.

Red Croatia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Croatia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 am

Ascalion wrote:I'm going to make everyone on both sides mad by saying I support them, I'm straight, and I'm Christian. So why do I support them? Because the Bible said a man shall not lie with a man, and a woman shall not lie with a woman. Now, by Jesus' time, he stopped an angry mob from stoning an adulteress to death. Now, in my eyes (the eyes of a Christian) adultery and homosexuality have one thing in common; they are both sexual sins that did not hurt anyone (physically at least). I also know that the Bible said words to the effect of respecting your government. I think God wants us to love everyone, and I think, as a Christian, there is no part of my faith that says homosexuality should be illegal. So that said, I think we should legalize gay rights, and since it is not contradicting our faith (being that it is not our business) we should respect the law.

Please, no religion debate. It is very tiring, and no one here has a camera that can take pictures of God being there or not being there. So I very highly doubt you'll disprove him or prove him. That said, I bring this up because many fundamentalist churches have cast a poor shadow upon us Christians. I, and many others like me, do not hate homosexuals. Some still are against gay right (specifically marriage), but marriage is not a strictly Christian thing, so why should it be denied from homosexuals?

My last point to make people mad is that, although I support gay rights, I do not support gay pride parades. Reason being? After seeing enough cardboard genitals, it kinda puts a person off. If you wish to celebrate your freedoms and rights, feel free to do so! Just please tone down the sexuality. This isn't just a beef I have with homosexuals, I have seen even teeny boppers swallowing each others faces that I want to puke. I would appreciate not seeing any of that. I'm sure many would call this unreasonable. Well, sorry that I have my own set of morals (something you would call "prudish") but I have a right to them, and they don't seem to be infringing on anyone else's.

:clap: My opinion exactly.
"..My Innocence is wearing thin, but my heart is growing strong.. So call me, call me.. Miss.. Movin' On.."

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 am

Ascalion wrote:I'm going to make everyone on both sides mad by saying I support them, I'm straight, and I'm Christian. So why do I support them? Because the Bible said a man shall not lie with a man, and a woman shall not lie with a woman. Now, by Jesus' time, he stopped an angry mob from stoning an adulteress to death. Now, in my eyes (the eyes of a Christian) adultery and homosexuality have one thing in common; they are both sexual sins that did not hurt anyone (physically at least). I also know that the Bible said words to the effect of respecting your government. I think God wants us to love everyone, and I think, as a Christian, there is no part of my faith that says homosexuality should be illegal. So that said, I think we should legalize gay rights, and since it is not contradicting our faith (being that it is not our business) we should respect the law.

Hey, man...

You're alright.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

Daemonicai
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Daemonicai » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 am

Red Croatia wrote:

Tolerance isn't the same as liking or agreeing with something.
Name- The Ecumene
Head of Government- Consul Sargon Laskarys Panthaera
Homeworld- Drakonis
Demonym- Drakon/Drakonai
Government- Quasi-Democratic Feudal/Federal Aristocracy[/spoiler]

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 am

Very, very good argument.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:36 am

Wow. Yeah. Exactly.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Red Croatia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Croatia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:36 am

Daemonicai wrote:
Red Croatia wrote:In that case you should try to be more tolerant.

Oh?

I didn't know that. :roll:

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:37 am

Red Croatia wrote:
Daemonicai wrote:

Oh?

So you think I'm intolerant? Oh no, I'm actually quite tolerant. I have no desire to get out and march with picket signs like the WBC does.

Red Croatia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Croatia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:38 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Red Croatia wrote:Oh?

So you think I'm intolerant? Oh no, I'm actually quite tolerant. I have no desire to get out and march with picket signs like the WBC does.

Not after your respond.

But according to the post I've responded to-dues to the fact I didn't read up the whole conversation,I'd classify you as such.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:39 am

So you came here to piss people off? There's a word for that...
Last edited by Mkuki on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 am

duh

Red Croatia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Croatia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 am

Mkuki wrote:

Excuse me?

Monlyth
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Monlyth » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 am

Mkuki wrote:

Enlightened? :D
"It was a piece of shit but I enjoyed it. What more do you want?!"

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:He already said he doesn't wish to force his views on others.

Correct.

That's the thing the gay-haters instead don't get, though. Our problem (where "us" means "humans") is with them.
Last edited by Risottia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General