NATION

PASSWORD

Hitler as a caricature of evil

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lerodan Chinamerica
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lerodan Chinamerica » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:42 am

Frisivisia wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:
I've been playing nationstates for years.

May 19, 2013

Hmm...

Did it never occur to you that he may have an older nation?

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:42 am

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:
No, but it makes him a douche.

Because going against the most murderous and morally-irredeemable regime in the world makes you a douche.

By "going against the most murderous and morslly-ireedeemable regime in the world," do you mean "Trying to assassinate your boss, just because you're losing the war?"
Rommel deserved worst punishment.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:43 am

Lerodan Chinamerica wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:May 19, 2013

Hmm...

Did it never occur to you that he may have an older nation?

I thought it more likely that he'd be lying.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:43 am

Lerodan Chinamerica wrote:He will never be neutral, but his reputation as a right bastard will gradually be superceded by even bigger bastards like Stalin and Mao as people learn more about them and more casualty figures are released from 20th Century genocides in places like Russia, China and Cambodia.

You seriously can't compare people like that as "bigger bastards" than the rest in that category of dictatorial evil when the difference is 50 million dead v. 60 million, or in the ballpark thereof. That's basically a factor of population, not overall "evil".
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Because going against the most murderous and morally-irredeemable regime in the world makes you a douche.

By "going against the most murderous and morslly-ireedeemable regime in the world," do you mean "Trying to assassinate your boss, just because you're losing the war?"

Maybe because the ineptness of said boss was making the country lose the war?
Last edited by Agritum on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Tectonic Plates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tectonic Plates » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 am

Frisivisia wrote:
The Tectonic Plates wrote:Time heals all wounds, so while I don't think it's necessarily a good thing, give it enough time and the perception of Hitler will end up in a way where he can be perceived objectively.

Objectively perceived: He was an asshole who was really bad at war despite having huge advantages.

Eh, I wouldn't say he was "bad at war", just stupid and cocky. Opening the Eastern Front without finishing the Western Front first and underestimating the American Military-Industrial Complex.
Social Democratic Cosmopolitan
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell

Male
Social Democrat/State Capitalist
Social Progressive

Vultasia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultasia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Because going against the most murderous and morally-irredeemable regime in the world makes you a douche.

Rommel deserved a medal. His badassery hurts British pride, and I like that. About time someone knocks a superpower down a notch, eh?
Me|Secret to a man's heart
Anthem|Factbook|OvO
~Super Adorable Yandere That'll Kill You If You No Love Me~
Tarvelia wrote:Thy are both the absolute cutest and scariest nation... Yitia is a close second.

Luveria wrote:You don't understand. Your only position is to do whatever Vulty demands.

Las Palmeras wrote:The Vultasians do it better...

Hathradic States wrote:With one sentence, you have creeped me out more than my ex wife ever did.

Mr Rogers Neighbourhood wrote:I am honestly convinced you're one of the scariest nations on NationStates.

Frisivisia wrote:Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 am

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Lerodan Chinamerica wrote:He will never be neutral, but his reputation as a right bastard will gradually be superceded by even bigger bastards like Stalin and Mao as people learn more about them and more casualty figures are released from 20th Century genocides in places like Russia, China and Cambodia.

You seriously can't compare people like that as "bigger bastards" than the rest in that category of dictatorial evil when the difference is 50 million dead v. 60 million, or in the ballpark thereof. That's basically a factor of population, not overall "evil".

Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.

Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

The Tectonic Plates wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:Objectively perceived: He was an asshole who was really bad at war despite having huge advantages.

Eh, I wouldn't say he was "bad at war", just stupid and cocky. Opening the Eastern Front without finishing the Western Front first and underestimating the American Military-Industrial Complex.

"stupid and cocky" Read: bad at war.

The Tectonic Plates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tectonic Plates » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:

When your boss is literally causing millions of deaths, I think removing him from power is justified.

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell

Male
Social Progressive

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

Frisivisia wrote:
Lerodan Chinamerica wrote:Did it never occur to you that he may have an older nation?

I thought it more likely that he'd be lying.

I don't know whether to use this :roll: or this :palm: . So I'll use both.

Vultasia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultasia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

Frisivisia wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:You seriously can't compare people like that as "bigger bastards" than the rest in that category of dictatorial evil when the difference is 50 million dead v. 60 million, or in the ballpark thereof. That's basically a factor of population, not overall "evil".

Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.

OOC:
I am going to sig this.
Me|Secret to a man's heart
Anthem|Factbook|OvO
~Super Adorable Yandere That'll Kill You If You No Love Me~
Tarvelia wrote:Thy are both the absolute cutest and scariest nation... Yitia is a close second.

Luveria wrote:You don't understand. Your only position is to do whatever Vulty demands.

Las Palmeras wrote:The Vultasians do it better...

Hathradic States wrote:With one sentence, you have creeped me out more than my ex wife ever did.

Mr Rogers Neighbourhood wrote:I am honestly convinced you're one of the scariest nations on NationStates.

Frisivisia wrote:Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:

How the fuck do you misspell that when it's right in front of you?
Clearly, you know fuck-all about von Stauffenberg. Dude was obsessed with redeeming Germany before the world, which he believed was only possible through killing Hitler. He saw himself as modern Saint George, needing to slay the dragon. If anything, he was almost a religious fanatic.
Losing the war intensified this feeling, but it was way, way beyond that for him.
The Grey Wolf wrote:Rommel deserved worst punishment.

Like...what? His family being murdered? There's an appealing thought.
Yeah, people like you remind me of why fascism will never catch on again.
When the war is over
Got to start again

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 am

Agritum wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:

Maybe because the ineptness of said boss was making the country lose the war?

Irrelevant.

Great Empire of Gamilus
Senator

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Empire of Gamilus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 am

then they will in turn be replaced by america and such figures as Bush and various others...
Do you hear the posters sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the short OP
that won't be seen again!

When the mods find this OP
Then this thread will be no more,
But the song will be sung again
When another comes!

OP, do you know the way?
Know the way to fix your post?
Just add details and sources to spark
Debate on these forums.

Otherwise this thread is doomed
Doomed to death by modly wrath
NSG will pick up and move on
'Till another comes!

--The Klishi Islands
a thread on Theism and Atheism

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:I thought it more likely that he'd be lying.

Silver medal debating.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:I thought it more likely that he'd be lying.

We have no reason to suspect you're being truthful.
When the war is over
Got to start again

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 am

Great Empire of Gamilus wrote:

then they will in turn be replaced by america and such figures as Bush and various others...

Except Bush never ordered 50-60 million killed on a purely racial basis.
Soooooooooooo...no.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Agritum wrote:Maybe because the ineptness of said boss was making the country lose the war?

Irrelevant.

Lolwat. "Honor" before Reason?
Last edited by Agritum on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Tectonic Plates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tectonic Plates » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 am

Frisivisia wrote:
The Tectonic Plates wrote:

"stupid and cocky" Read: bad at war.

Eh, same difference.

- Bertrand Russell

Male
Social Progressive

Camelza
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Camelza » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 am

Vultasia wrote:

OOC:
I am going to sig this.

We're already OOC ...this is general, mate.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Agritum wrote:Maybe because the ineptness of said boss was making the country lose the war?

Irrelevant.

You're the assistant manager at a restaurant. Your manager invades Russia during the winter. Should you complain to the owner?

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:48 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:

Irrelevant.

SUPREMELY relevant.
Hitler was a lucky fuckup who by 44 had run out of luck entirely. Hell, his megalomaniacal level of involvement in the war -and the degree that is was crippling the war effort - justified his removal from army command just by itself, exempting the depravity of the regime otherwise.
So we've established now you know nothing about Hitler OR Stauffenberg now.
Last edited by The Tiger Kingdom on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
When the war is over
Got to start again

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 am

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Great Empire of Gamilus wrote:

Except Bush never ordered 50-60 million killed on a purely racial basis.
Soooooooooooo...no.

I guess that Bush will only replace Dan Quayle in the next Civilization game's Hall of Fame.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 am

Agritum wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Except Bush never ordered 50-60 million killed on a purely racial basis.
Soooooooooooo...no.

I guess that Bush will only replace Dan Quayle in the next Civilization game's Hall of Fame.

Probably.
When the war is over
Got to start again

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General