NATION

PASSWORD

Atheists to start 1-800 hotline for doubters

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Communist republic of altorus
Minister

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist republic of altorus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 am

good, this should have happened sooner.
I am autistic.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

If life gives you lemons, sell them

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Yes, all part of our master plan to take over the US.

Can I join up? I mean, I'm a devout Christian, but secular Government seems like a peach to me.

Welcome.

Here is your complementary mug, and Lovecraftian, non-euclidean, tetrahedral stress ball of madness.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 am

Choronzon wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Are you seriously that threatened by another group offering their opinion - which is their right in this nation at least - that you feel the deep-seated need to deny them that right so that you'll sleep easier at night, feel more secure in your self-imposed blindness, and not have to think about the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, people don't all think like you do?

Seriously?

You should go look at all his other threads.

Oh, I have ... I have. I got screamed at for having dared lock one of the more useless ones. I'm just bemused that he's this out of touch with things, I suppose. Well, bemused and mildly concerned for his well-being, I suppose. Because damn. That's a lotta delusionment goin' on right thar.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 am

Divair wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:According to that 'logic', comic book and gaming conventions are religious gatherings too.

E3, the holiest three days of the year for Gamerists.

I did observe the sacred diet of Doritos, and drank the sacremental beverage of Mountain Dew.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 am

The Sector Union wrote:
The Ferret Revolution wrote:My thoughts... my thoughts are that you are obviously an overly religious and you think that it is easy to give up a belief your parents told you you would burn in hell for doing so. Atheism is not a cult it is the lack of one, it is the lack of religion, it is the lack of blind faith, and it is a label given to skeptics like myself that don't want to put everything they believe in on some guy from a book written by some goat herder hundreds of years ago. We are not converting people, we are helping people live happily without god. Atheism can be a hard thing to switch to if depending on your family life and where you live.

Overly religious? I don't support organized religion at all. Atheism is in the same boat.

No, your twisted up version of atheism where it is a cult does not count as true atheism.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 am

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f wrote:Only if this is the ring tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

This seems better, if you want to troll the fundies without causing everyone else to hang up.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:
Choronzon wrote:You should go look at all his other threads.

Oh, I have ... I have. I got screamed at for having dared lock one of the more useless ones. I'm just bemused that he's this out of touch with things, I suppose. Well, bemused and mildly concerned for his well-being, I suppose. Because damn. That's a lotta delusionment goin' on right thar.

Just wait, he'll get tired of NSG...eventually.....

The Sector Union
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sector Union » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Oh, I have ... I have. I got screamed at for having dared lock one of the more useless ones. I'm just bemused that he's this out of touch with things, I suppose. Well, bemused and mildly concerned for his well-being, I suppose. Because damn. That's a lotta delusionment goin' on right thar.

Just wait, he'll get tired of NSG...eventually.....

Why would I get tired of NSG? I've been looking for a site like this for ages.
Purge the Xeno! For the Homo Sapien, For the Imperium of Terra!!!!

"In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good." -Sun Tzu

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

The Orson Empire wrote:Just wait, he'll get tired of NSG...eventually.....

Hopefully.

Aequalitia
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aequalitia » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

Serious, I begin to see more and more that atheism today is more a religion then the pure, non-religious believing.

Hotlines, blaming all bad things to religion, saying that the world is better if there was only atheism on it...

Yep, atheism today is more like any other religion today.

Whats next, a hotline for people who are left-handed?
This world got so much cliches, so much pretty cliches <3

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 am

Divair wrote:E3, the holiest three days of the year for Gamerists.

I did observe the sacred diet of Doritos, and drank the sacremental beverage of Mountain Dew.

Thank $deity for DVR, my friends. Or I'd never get to see it all. Don't forget the Cheetos. And in son's case, the Hershey's.

Anyways. Still not seeing a problem with a 'help line for those with questions who are leaning towards non-belief'. Still doesn't hurt me in the least. Nor does it have any affect on what I'm free to believe. Gracious. It's almost like that whole gay marriage thing, if you stop and think about it ...

Yes. Yes, I went there.

The Ferret Revolution
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ferret Revolution » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:23 am

The Sector Union wrote:
The Ferret Revolution wrote:My thoughts... my thoughts are that you are obviously delusional and you think that it is easy to give up a belief your parents told you you would burn in hell for doing so. Atheism is not a cult it is the lack of one, it is the lack of religion, it is the lack of blind faith, and it is a label given to skeptics like myself that don't want to put everything they believe in on some guy from a book written by some goat herder hundreds of years ago. We are not converting people, we are helping people live happily without god. Atheism can be a hard thing to switch to if depending on your family life and where you live.

Overly religious? I don't support organized religion at all. Atheism is in the same boat.

Fixed
We're all mad here.
I myself am strange and unusual.
No I am not a monster... just a horribly misunderstood dinosaur.
Am I demented or are we disturbed? The place that's in between insane and insecure.
I'm everyone's favorite punk rock zombie potato ferret dinosaur and if you disagree I'll stab you with a spoon.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:23 am

The Rich Port wrote:
... Please tell me you're joking.

Actually no this would be cool, they should have a radio station too. I'd love to talk to DJ Bundy.

"And now, a classic for everyone to enjoy, 'Band on the Run' by Paul McCartney and the Wings. Up next, Judas Priest, 'Breaking the Law', and later, 'Painting with Charles Manson'"
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 am

Good.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Benuty wrote:
More importantly why can't criminals have hotlines.

Im quite serious, I would like to know how to properly enact a ritual to summon Cthulhu.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 am

The Rich Port wrote:

Actually no this would be cool, they should have a radio station too. I'd love to talk to DJ Bundy.

"And now, a classic for everyone to enjoy, 'Band on the Run' by Paul McCartney and the Wings. Up next, Judas Priest, 'Breaking the Law', and later, 'Painting with Charles Manson'"

I just spewed Diet Dr. Pepper on my work computer. Sigging this.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 am

The Sector Union wrote:

Ohhh, I think I made it worse.

Anyway, NSG is not a blog site.

The Sector Union
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sector Union » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
The Sector Union wrote:Why would I get tired of NSG? I've been looking for a site like this for ages.

Ohhh, I think I made it worse.

It's not. Correct.

It's a discussion board and I am here to discuss....the atheist hotline.

"In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good." -Sun Tzu

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 am

The Sector Union wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Ohhh, I think I made it worse.

It's not. Correct.

In a manner not bequeathing to an actual discussion.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Keritzka
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Keritzka » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 am

My thoughts are as follows.You are being rather bigoted and obviously haven't had to deal with disbelief.Atheism a cult?Please do tell,what rituals do atheists engage in and what do they worship?Oh that's right,nothing.I cannot recall the last time somebody was killed in the name of atheism but there has been countless atrocities sanctioned by fine,civilized,and religious gentlemen in the name of god.The goal is not to convert people to atheism.Don't believe me?Then ask your self what benefits more atheists would have for other atheists.The answer is none;in a church more members means more donations,add that to the lack of taxes found in variegated countries and you'll find that churches are a very lucrative business.

The Sector Union
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sector Union » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 am

Benuty wrote:
The Sector Union wrote:It's not. Correct.

This is a discussion. Whether you're biased or not, it's a discussion.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am

The Sector Union wrote:
Benuty wrote:

It stops being a discussion when discussion ceases in favor of parroted replies. Kindly bear that in mind.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am

The Sector Union wrote:

Oh, crap! People like you are actively looking for sites like this one? I'm afraid it's going to be an interesting summer...
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am

The Sector Union wrote:
Benuty wrote:

Says the "Hitler BDSM alien" fetish guy.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am

Benuty wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

Im quite serious, I would like to know how to properly enact a ritual to summon Cthulhu.

Yeah, you're joking. Stop fucking around.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General