NATION

PASSWORD

The Philippines: The 51st U.S. State... I mean 49th State!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If circumstances were different would you like the Philippines to be the 51st U.S. state?

I'm Filipino and I feel that it's an evil culmination of American Imperialism
6%
I'm American and I feel that it's an evil culmination of American Imperialism
19%
I'm British and I feel that it's an evil culmination of American Imperialism
13%
I'm Filipino and I think that it's a damn good idea to make the nation the 51st U.S. state.
4%
I'm American and I think... Yeshh!! Woohooo more territory for us! Glory to Lady Liberty!
37%
I'm British and and I think it's a good idea. Britain can be the 52nd U.S. State.
3%
I'm not British-American-Filipino and I think it's a horrible idea
13%
I'm not British-American-Filipino and I think it's a great idea. My own country can become the 53rd U.S. state. :D
5%

Total votes : 222

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 7:33 am

Nazis in Space wrote:Ninety million brown catholics, and ten million brown muslims suddenly gaining American citizenship?

That shit would be fucking hilarious.

Do it nao. I wanna see some heads exploding.

Brown? How dare you! say we are all brown!

We in fact are home to various shades brown...

Around 20% of the population are visually challenged Chinks. 10% are shamless Spics. 50% are sun scorched barbarian islanders and the remaining 20% are suicidal bomb-totting Turban brained Allah freaks. :P

Just exaggerate. Lol.
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 am

Luziyca wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Aren't the Philippines ridiculously religious, conservative, and homophobic?

They'll get along fine with Texas. :p

If that's the case you would have to endure a Republican government of George Bush Seniors, Juniors and thirds and fourths.. Until the moon fades into Oblivion.

Ok...

Democratic votes!

New York: 19,570,261 potential voters
Plus California: 38,041,430 potential voters

= 57,611,691 (57 Million)

Republican votes!

Texas: 26,059,203 potential voters
Philippines: 97,703,638 potential voters!

= 123,762,841 (123 Million)

Last edited by The Islands of Metanoia on Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 7:47 am

Imperium of Tanith wrote:Trust me, MacArthur wasn't too happy about leaving the Philippines either, in fact he nearly cussed out President FDR for the order.

We shouldn't have left the Philippines, as an American citizen I thought it was the worst move we could've done in WWII.

It's something I agree with you over. Had the American prioritized the Philippines over Europe. They would now have: (1) Larger territory (2) More resources (3) More manpower and (4) A bigger say in the richer markets of Asia than the aging world of Europe.

Quezon had given you all that in a silver platter. But then, America goes off to fight a war for their cousins while their daughter is being raped in the backroom.

Why of why did your leaders lack vision? :palm:
Last edited by The Islands of Metanoia on Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slembana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 am

The Philippines deserve to be independent, so no.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 7:53 am

Imperium of Tanith wrote:
TaQud wrote:Oh great another bible belt state :p

Wouldn't it be Bible Equator state? :P

Yesh, a bible equator state struggling with it's virulent Turban-Headed citizens.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Allah ho akbar to Christ my savior!

:rofl:

New Ashford
Secretary

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ashford » Tue May 28, 2013 7:56 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:Aren't the Philippines ridiculously religious, conservative, and homophobic?

Most are

On Kansas enacting "life starts at fertilization" abortion law
Ainin wrote:
Luziyca wrote:This is where I am glad to live in Canada, and ashamed I have to live on the same continent as those guys.

BILL C-294: ON CANADIAN RIGHTS

The Government of Canada,
ASTOUNDED at the stupidity of our neighbors to the south,
CONCERNED about the death of brain cells in Canadian residents caused by Fox News
HEREBY secedes from North America and joins Europe

New Ashford
Secretary

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ashford » Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 am

The Whispers wrote:
East Vlaricstan wrote:AW HE'LL NAW!

I'd prefer if Marcos wasn't removed from power. Yeah he was a dick, but he got shut done. Something our current government can't do today.

What, exactly, did Marcos get done, other than perpetuating the rule of Marcos while undermining whatever respect the average Filipino ever had for central government?

Well the Philippine Heart Center, Lung Center, Kidney Center, Philippine expressway and much more.

On Kansas enacting "life starts at fertilization" abortion law
Ainin wrote:
Luziyca wrote:This is where I am glad to live in Canada, and ashamed I have to live on the same continent as those guys.

BILL C-294: ON CANADIAN RIGHTS

The Government of Canada,
ASTOUNDED at the stupidity of our neighbors to the south,
CONCERNED about the death of brain cells in Canadian residents caused by Fox News
HEREBY secedes from North America and joins Europe

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:03 am

New Ashford wrote:

Most are

Omigosh the homophobic part is far from true. I see transexuals openly displaying their booty and chuva-chuva culture in broad daylight as Vice Ganda proudly unfurls her latest sexual conquests and designer gowns in Noon time T.V. and even at Church. Conservative, some are but homophobic? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I lol at you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve Smith
Attaché

Founded: Sep 25, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Steve Smith » Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 am

Well, a colony would have graduated to be on an equal standing within the territory of its' colonizer.
The Islands of Metanoia wrote:Quezon had given you all that in a silver platter. But then, America goes off to fight a war for their cousins while their daughter is being raped in the backroom.

And this, too. My friend would be eligible for President as a result of the Phillipines being an American territory (state or otherwise); he was born there. But instead, the Filipinos are abandoned to the Greater East Asia Co-Atrocity Sphere.
Look at the shit you'll find on the internet...hahah!
Even more...:)
No, this nation is not really what I think. Not entirely.

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Tue May 28, 2013 8:06 am

I am an American Fillipino, and I am not in favor of this.

/thread
Visit Sunalaya!

Mayane
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mayane » Tue May 28, 2013 8:07 am

49th? Atleast do it correct.. there are 46 States, 4 Commonwealths. So that would make it the 5th Commonwealth or the 47th State.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:08 am

Kershya wrote:
TaQud wrote:Oh great another bible belt state :p

I think it would be the odd one out though. The bible belt consist of Protestants. The Philippines is a Catholic nation.

I think the Protestant states of the US would immediately be inundated with Catholic missionaries as they struggle against hope trying to repel the attacks of the religious orders (There's so freaking many of them here) Order of Saint Augustine, Order of Preachers, the Society of the Divine Word, the Jesuit Order, the Knights of Columbus, the Knights of Malta, the Confraternity of Saint Joseph...

:shock:

Alabama would by praying the Ave Marias faster than a rat skimmers through the barn alley.
Last edited by The Islands of Metanoia on Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Tue May 28, 2013 8:09 am

Is today look at the Wikipedia page about the 51st state and make a thread about it day?
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 am

The Islands of Metanoia wrote:
Kershya wrote:
I think it would be the odd one out though. The bible belt consist of Protestants. The Philippines is a Catholic nation.

I think the Protestant states of the US would immediately be inundated with Catholic missionaries as they struggle against hope trying to repel the attacks of the religious orders (There's so freaking many of them here) Order of Saint Augustine, Order of Preachers, the Society of the Divine Word, the Jesuit Order, the Knights of Columbus, the Knights of Malta, the Confraternity of Saint Joseph...

:shock:

Alabama would by praying the Ave Marias faster than a rat skimmers through the barn alley.

As a Filipino Catholic, five words:

Can you spell Zerg Rush? :rofl:
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue May 28, 2013 8:15 am

If the Philippines was a state, I wouldn't approve of it mainly because of Mindanao. I would want that majority Muslim area to be militarily pacified to where there is no ongoing insurgency or conflict. If there was any part of a state which is rebellious, I'd question why that situation isn't resolved or whether the US should abandon all or part of the Philippines in favor of granting it independence.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue May 28, 2013 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 am

New Ashford wrote:
The Whispers wrote:What, exactly, did Marcos get done, other than perpetuating the rule of Marcos while undermining whatever respect the average Filipino ever had for central government?

Well the Philippine Heart Center, Lung Center, Kidney Center, Philippine expressway and much more.

Didn't he had his face carved in a mountain on the way to Baguio? (Like Mt. Rushmore.) Only to have it demolished Communist Rebels?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:24 am

Steve Smith wrote:Well, a colony would have graduated to be on an equal standing within the territory of its' colonizer.

Why not? Hawaii was accepted at a later date and at that time it was still majority Hawaiian. The whites only migrated and flooded the native Hawaiians after they accepted statehood.

And this, too. My friend would be eligible for President as a result of the Phillipines being an American territory (state or otherwise); he was born there. But instead, the Filipinos are abandoned to the Greater East Asia Co-Atrocity Sphere.

The Greater East Asia Co-Atrocity Sphere was such a sad affair. :( The US should be thankful that no foreign country had ever invaded their mainland. And even the attacks at Pearl Harbor only lasted days. While Manila had to endure occupation for 3 years.
Last edited by The Islands of Metanoia on Tue May 28, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 am

Diopolis wrote:Yes. Just imagine one state with the majority of electoral votes...

We now welcome the new American president... Cardinal Archbishop, Eduardo Co-angco!

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 am

East Vlaricstan wrote:
The Whispers wrote:What, exactly, did Marcos get done, other than perpetuating the rule of Marcos while undermining whatever respect the average Filipino ever had for central government?

Most of the current cultural buildings were built during his term. Infrastructure improved.

Also, im going to bed now, so no arguing for me tonight.

And exciting sex videos with Holywood Actresses and Imeldific buildings plus 1 Million pairs of shoes.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:30 am

Frisivisia wrote:I think we need to put down the colonialism a bit. Plus, 51 is just so uneven, and we're saving combining the Dakotas for Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico is already rotting in it's limbo status. Both our nations appeared around the same time and we decided a full (statehood/independence) freaking 50 years ago and still Puerto Rico is stuck in this rut? Puerto Rico. Make up your mind already.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:33 am

Scratch that...

We welcome our new president. Her Imeldific majesty, Irene Marcos! Dynast-Presidentress for Lolz.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 am

Hornicia wrote:If the Philippines become the 51st state of the US then it would bring the USA's GDP down (I think) anyway it would benefit the Philippines more than the US

Only initially, eventually the natural resources and trade with Asia would boost GDP twice over.

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 am

The Islands of Metanoia wrote:Scratch that...

We welcome our new president. Her Imeldific majesty, Irene Marcos! Dynast-Presidentress for Lolz.

Oh, dear God, really?
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 am

Hornicia wrote:
The Islands of Metanoia wrote:
China is pretty much getting stronger day by day though so it will be an uphill battle.

but the US has the UK and Canada on its side.

Let's see Canada US and UK = 400 Million people at best
China = 1.3 Billion.

:eek:

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 8:36 am

Slembana wrote:The Philippines deserve to be independent, so no.

How about just doing it for the lols?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General