NATION

PASSWORD

18 Year Old Girl Facing Felony for Dating 15 Year Old Girl

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Noordland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordland » Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Cosara wrote:
Aurora Novus wrote:
Perfectly in line with my prediction too. You see, I understand how people work. I know them. It's kinda what I do.

Now run along. Or continue to say insane shit for my amusement. It matters little at this point. Your position has been discredited beyond belief, which is what my aims were.

I win. You lose.

Since I quit NS, I can do something you can't do.

Peace out, motherfuckers.

Can I have your account? :D *puppy eyes*
GOING UNDER REFORMS AFTER A YEAR OF USING ALTS.

Noordland
Island Country, derp.
Capital City/Largest City: Stockholm
Leader: King Richard IV
The greatest thread ever.
[ 10 - No War ]
9 - Riot
8 - Terrorist Attack
7 - City - Scale Attack
6 - County - Scale Attack
5 - Country - Scale War
4 - World War
3 - Nuclear War
2 - Apocalypse
1 - Universal War
Generation 35 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=233929&p=13704913&sid=74ae2de146e55e1ec8cb2bae3d222e8b#p13704913
Grays Harbor wrote:Our name is pronounced Throckmorton Pennywhistle.

Aurora Novus
Senator

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora Novus » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.

She broke the law, the only reason people are bitching about this is because they think it's homophobic.

That's not accurate at all. Read the past couple of pages to understand why I'm "bitching" about it.

Yankee Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Empire » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Yankee Empire wrote:Keep bitching then. Teachers shouldn't be havign sex with sutdents anyway, aren't their restrictions against that? Even if she wasn't underaged.

It wasn't a teacher, it was another student.

Ah correct misread that part.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Pro: U.S.,Diplomatic Militarism, Imperialism, Patriotism/Civic Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, Stoicism, Authoritarianism, Classical Liberalism, Unionism, Centralization (usually), Federalism, Corporatism.
Anti:Tribalism, Seccessionism(usually),Decentralization,Pure Capitalism/State controlled economics, Misanthropy,Cruelty, Cowardice, Pacifism,Hedonism, Corporitocracy.
Vice-Chairman of the National-Imperialist-FreedomParty
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."-Carl Schurz

Yankee Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Empire » Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Frisivisia wrote:
Yankee Empire wrote:
She broke the law, the only reason peopel are bitching about this is because they think it's homophobic.

People sitting at whites only lunch counters were breaking the law, but people were only bitching because they thought it was racist, right?

Injustice is injustice, and this is injustice.

Poor adults can't have sex with teenagers under the age of 18.

There certainly should be some fine tuning of these laws. With odd cases like this.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Pro: U.S.,Diplomatic Militarism, Imperialism, Patriotism/Civic Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, Stoicism, Authoritarianism, Classical Liberalism, Unionism, Centralization (usually), Federalism, Corporatism.
Anti:Tribalism, Seccessionism(usually),Decentralization,Pure Capitalism/State controlled economics, Misanthropy,Cruelty, Cowardice, Pacifism,Hedonism, Corporitocracy.
Vice-Chairman of the National-Imperialist-FreedomParty
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."-Carl Schurz

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:People sitting at whites only lunch counters were breaking the law, but people were only bitching because they thought it was racist, right?

Injustice is injustice, and this is injustice.

Poor adults can't have sex with teenagers under the age of 18.

There certainly should be some fine tuning of these laws. With odd cases like this.

Which is what I said.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Mon May 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Frisivisia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
I personally think this is an issue where waiting a couple of months would have been the more sensible course of action. Being forced to keep it in your pants for a few months is nowhere near the level of injustice that people were facing in British-occupied India or the segregated US.

But to each her own.

They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.

I wouldn't be upset if the charges were dropped, but I'm just finding it hard to be outraged that someone is being charged for a crime that she is apparently guilty of. If she didn't want to be a felon, she should have done something to get the law changed BEFORE having the sex. If you want to smoke weed without being harassed by the cops, you should get marijuana legalized first, THEN smoke your blunt.

Having consensual sex is not morally wrong, but it is not the job of the police and courts to judge moral right and wrong.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Mon May 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.

She broke the law, the only reason people are bitching about this is because they think it's homophobic.

And because NSG is full of teenagers who think they are being oppressed by their elders.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Aurora Novus
Senator

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora Novus » Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Having consensual sex is not morally wrong, but it is not the job of the police and courts to judge moral right and wrong.

See, that is what I find to be our principle disagreement. I say it is their duty to be in the moral right. If an immoral or unjust law exists, it should not be enforced. To enforce a bad law, and punish someone for a victimless crime is, in my view, immoral, and those who enable such a thing to occur should be ashamed.
Last edited by Aurora Novus on Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Pravengria wrote:After thinking and reviewing, I'd say she shouldn't be charged. It seems too circumstantial. Due to the fact they both consented, they're only three years apart. And were dating before the one became a legal adult. It seems a bit odd to not do anything until the girl then turns 18, for something she allegedly did before hand. As far as the law goes, should it be abolished? No, but I think that cases should be done by a case by case basis, and they should take into account how them being lesbians affects the decision, as well as the age, when they started dating, and how old they were regarding the act.

:palm:

How does any of the stuff you mentioned make this case "circumstantial"?

And you really can't complain about this case if you want to leave the law on the books. That just makes no sense.

Pravengria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Pravengria wrote:After thinking and reviewing, I'd say she shouldn't be charged. It seems too circumstantial. Due to the fact they both consented, they're only three years apart. And were dating before the one became a legal adult. It seems a bit odd to not do anything until the girl then turns 18, for something she allegedly did before hand. As far as the law goes, should it be abolished? No, but I think that cases should be done by a case by case basis, and they should take into account how them being lesbians affects the decision, as well as the age, when they started dating, and how old they were regarding the act.

:palm:

How does any of the stuff you mentioned make this case "circumstantial"?

And you really can't complain about this case if you want to leave the law on the books. That just makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. I do believe in some cases the law should be bent a little if the circumstance seems a bit odd. The girl for one was under 18, during the act, therefore I don't see why she should be tried as an adult, since they're 3 years apart. They both consented. And as I stated before in another previous post, they didn't raise an issue til she became 18. It's a touchy subject given, but considering that the court was mentioned to be rather conservative, and the chances of homophobia being possibly high. I think those things should be taken into account.
Federated Commonwealth of Pravengria
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 pm

To be reviewed. Several of you, at a glance, I would strongly suggest taking a break or walking pretty small here for the next bit. Not impressed, folks. Not when there's already been several warnings to keep on topic, not flame or bait, and attack arguments, not each other.

Wisconsin9, Aurora Novus, Cosara - *** 3-day bans *** for the baiting while thread is reviewed.
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General