NATION

PASSWORD

Sex and Sexual Orientation of NSers

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What's your sex and sexual orientation?

Straight, Male
60%
Straight, Female
4%
Gay, Male
9%
Lesbian
2%
Bisexual, Male
14%
Bisexual, Female
3%
Transgender, Male to Female
2%
Transgender, Female to Male
0%
Asexual, Male
5%
Asexual, Female
1%

Total votes : 1169

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Antares XII wrote:
The Steel Magnolia wrote:
I can believe I'm a wolf, that doesn't mean I start barking when I open my mouth.

Were I to believe such, I'd also means I'm being a massive transphobic douche, literally every time I decided to speak on how I was really this super special snowflake who was totally a wolf guys.

Apples and oranges! I'm not claiming to be some other species, and I haven't said a single fucking thing to indicate I am transphobic. Christ almighty, open your eyes and read what I have been posting. Stop trying to make this into some personal vendetta and accept the fact that I am only, and I mean only, saying that I, myself, in my most basic sense, am nothing more than the thoughts in my brain. :palm:

Which still makes you human, however, something you reject.

How on earth do you reconcile the rejection of humanity with the claim that you are not claiming to be something other than human?

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Then you must first ask yourself... Does he have to reconcile his rejection of his humanity?
Not a puppet of the Goddamn bee's

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 6:46 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:Then you must first ask yourself... Does he have to reconcile his rejection of his humanity?

I don't give two shits what he does with his "rejection of humanity", to be perfectly honest.

He can reject it all he wants, doesn't make him right, and doesn't make such a rejection asinine and transphobic.

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 6:48 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:
Again, you prove your inability to grasp the obvious. Antares never mentioned anything about being afraid of Trans-gender people or hating them in any way shape or form.

And I never mentioned anything about hating them gays, but if I happen to believe that homosexuality is equivalent to bestiality and pedophilia, I'm still fucking homophobic.

That would only be true if YOU hated bestiality or pedophilia, and I never mentioned Gays in that post you quoted and the one I did mention gays and lesbians was actually one in their defense. If you can do better than this it might be time to re-evaluate your stance here.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:
And I never mentioned anything about hating them gays, but if I happen to believe that homosexuality is equivalent to bestiality and pedophilia, I'm still fucking homophobic.

That would only be true if YOU hated bestiality or pedophilia, and I never mentioned Gays in that post you quoted and the one I did mention gays and lesbians was actually one in their defense. If you can do better than this it might be time to re-evaluate your stance here.

You missed the point.

Quite badly.

Antares XII
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Antares XII » Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Antares XII wrote:
Apples and oranges! I'm not claiming to be some other species, and I haven't said a single fucking thing to indicate I am transphobic. Christ almighty, open your eyes and read what I have been posting. Stop trying to make this into some personal vendetta and accept the fact that I am only, and I mean only, saying that I, myself, in my most basic sense, am nothing more than the thoughts in my brain. :palm:

Which still makes you human, however, something you reject.

How on earth do you reconcile the rejection of humanity with the claim that you are not claiming to be something other than human?

Because unlike most people who apparently think of themselves as the housing - which according to all definitions I have found is what a human being is, the actual physical shell - I think of myself as the thoughts contained within. If you want to be unreasonable and say I have to accept that I, my self, am the actual fleshy container, not specifically the thought construct inside, that's your business, but you're still being unreasonable for telling me how to think and act when my thoughts and actions are not hurting you or anyone else.

And please clearly show me how I am being transphobic, because I don't see it at all. :eyebrow:
Frisbeeteria wrote:"The community" has the ability, if not the strength, to simply not respond to trolls. I'm sure there are plenty of players who quietly sit back without responding and go on to other threads. We don't hear from them very often. They're the quiet 99%. Mostly we hear from people like the OP and a small group of discontented players about our many and various failures. I truly think that most of "the community" probably thinks we're doing a good job, or simply doesn't think about it at all.

I only posted in TET that one time I swear! I prefer intellectual discussions
Abolitionist, technogaianist, postgenderist, extropianist, libertarian transhumanist
Agnostic atheist and skeptical cynic
I do not identify as a person
Dark grey asexual

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 6:54 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:

You missed the point.

Quite badly.

You didn't make one.....

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Antares XII wrote:Because unlike most people who apparently think of themselves as the housing - which according to all definitions I have found is what a human being is, the actual physical shell - I think of myself as the thoughts contained within. If you want to be unreasonable and say I have to accept that I, my self, am the actual fleshy container, not specifically the thought construct inside, that's your business, but you're still being unreasonable for telling me how to think and act when my thoughts and actions are not hurting you or anyone else.

And please clearly show me how I am being transphobic, because I don't see it at all. :eyebrow:

Because, of course, your thoughts and actions are hurting me. Directly.

Your beliefs are a ridiculous example that people point to, and if by some incredible leap of the imagination you are serious, you represent a living, breathing, walking troll to transgender people.

Which is transphobic.

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 6:57 pm

If you are being physically hurt by his beliefs... an inanimate object I might add, then I move to say your a cutter with self-inflicted wounds.

And way to go and declare yourself the messiah of trans-gender people and over-generalizing the effect of his beliefs against the entire Trans-population.

Antares XII
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antares XII » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Antares XII wrote:Because unlike most people who apparently think of themselves as the housing - which according to all definitions I have found is what a human being is, the actual physical shell - I think of myself as the thoughts contained within. If you want to be unreasonable and say I have to accept that I, my self, am the actual fleshy container, not specifically the thought construct inside, that's your business, but you're still being unreasonable for telling me how to think and act when my thoughts and actions are not hurting you or anyone else.

Your beliefs are a ridiculous example that people point to, and if by some incredible leap of the imagination you are serious, you represent a living, breathing, walking troll to transgender people.

Which is transphobic.

So I can't have genuine, non-hateful beliefs in this, simply because you say so, because you say my own opinions - that, again, are not hateful or directed against you, your beliefs, or anything or anyone else for that matter - are harmful to you anyway?

Fuck. I don't even know how to respond to this. Prove that my beliefs are hurting you, and explain in detail how they are hurting you. I challenge you to come up with valid, reasonable evidence that does not, in fact, make you the troll and the *phobe.
Frisbeeteria wrote:"The community" has the ability, if not the strength, to simply not respond to trolls. I'm sure there are plenty of players who quietly sit back without responding and go on to other threads. We don't hear from them very often. They're the quiet 99%. Mostly we hear from people like the OP and a small group of discontented players about our many and various failures. I truly think that most of "the community" probably thinks we're doing a good job, or simply doesn't think about it at all.

Abolitionist, technogaianist, postgenderist, extropianist, libertarian transhumanist
Dark grey asexual

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Antares XII wrote:

Which is transphobic.

So I can't have genuine, non-hateful beliefs in this, simply because you say so, because you say my own opinions - that, again, are not hateful or directed against you, your beliefs, or anything or anyone else for that matter - are harmful to you anyway?

Fuck. I don't even know how to respond to this. Prove that my beliefs are hurting you, and explain in detail how they are hurting you. I challenge you to come up with valid, reasonable evidence that does not, in fact, make you the troll and the *phobe.

Haters gonna hate dawg
Last edited by The Damn Bees on Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Which is transphobic.

So your accusing him of a thought crime? Someone's been watching to much Minority report...lol

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Antares XII wrote:

Which is transphobic.

Oh, you can hold your beliefs.

I'm just absolutely free to call you out for the bullshit that they are. They are ridiculous, completely untenable positions that have no bearing in fact - species is not a social construct - that make everyone who is aware of the fact that gender is nonbinary and unconnected to sex look just as foolish as you do right now.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:

Which is transphobic.

So your accusing him of a thought crime? Someone's been watching to much Minority report...lol

Did I say he couldn't hold his beliefs?
Last edited by The Steel Magnolia on Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu May 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Gender and sex are not related.
This should be fairly obvious.
If I were to body swap you do you think you would identify as your current gender, or the gender of your new body.
Would you suddenly think "Now i am an x."

As for cross-speciesism, whatever man. I don't care. If you want to identify as a particular thing knock yourself out and yeh you shouldn't suffer discrimination because of your identity.
Though steel magnolia, you should take note of how utterly absurd you find him identifying that way and realize that's how I view pretty much every identity that people seem to give a shit about.
It's entirely irrelevant, he's welcome to it, i'm not going to treat him any differently, but if he starts asking for special rights or treatment based on it i'm going to tell him to fuck off just as much as I tell you to.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Antares XII
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antares XII » Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Antares XII wrote:

I'm just absolutely free to call you out for the bullshit that they are. They are ridiculous, completely untenable positions that have no bearing in fact - species is not a social construct - that make everyone who is aware of the fact that gender is nonbinary and unconnected to sex look just as foolish as you do right now.

Again, I'm not saying anything about species. I'm not hurting you in any way. So stop saying that I am, because this is me calling you out on your bullshit.

Dark grey asexual

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:As for cross-speciesism, whatever man. I don't care. If you want to identify as a particular thing knock yourself out and yeh you shouldn't suffer discrimination because of your identity.
Though steel magnolia, you should take note of how utterly absurd you find him identifying that way and realize that's how I view pretty much every identity that people seem to give a shit about.
It's entirely irrelevant, he's welcome to it, i'm not going to treat him any differently, but if he starts asking for special rights or treatment based on it i'm going to tell him to fuck off just as much as I tell you to.

I don't think transgender people have ever asked for special treatment. They ask to be recognized as their gender, the same privilege all cisgender people are automatically bestowed with, and you know, to not be fucking murdered for existing - which is an epidemic. 73 in the year 2013, 16 in the United States.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Antares XII wrote:

Again, I'm not saying anything about species. I'm not hurting you in any way. So stop saying that I am, because this is me calling you out on your bullshit.

Sure you are.

You're saying you're not human, but rather an 'intelligent construct.'

Thus, you reject the notion that you are human.

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gender

I believe Definition 2 subsect A argues otherwise

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Page wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:As for cross-speciesism, whatever man. I don't care. If you want to identify as a particular thing knock yourself out and yeh you shouldn't suffer discrimination because of your identity.

I don't think transgender people have ever asked for special treatment. They ask to be recognized as their gender, the same privilege all cisgender people are automatically bestowed with, and you know, to not be fucking murdered for existing - which is an epidemic. 73 in the year 2013, 16 in the United States.

And i'm entirely in favor of those demands being acknowledged and something done about it. I was speaking more broadly about rights because of group identity, specifically with regard to positive discrimination laws etc.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gender

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/gender

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/sex

Look, I can quote definitions too!

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Page wrote:

And i'm entirely in favor of those demands being acknowledged and something done about it. I was speaking more broadly about rights because of group identity, specifically with regard to positive discrimination laws etc.

And I still disagree. Centuries of institutionalized hierarchy cannot be brought to an end by saying "so, from this point forward, we're all equal, cool?"
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

The Damn Bees
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damn Bees » Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gender

Read bullet point within definition 1- still support me

This definition is un-needed

Good... now use them properly.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Page wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

And I still disagree. Centuries of institutionalized hierarchy cannot be brought to an end by saying "so, from this point forward, we're all equal, cool?"

Sure it can, provided you mandate by law that no further discrimination along bullshit grounds take place and set up measures to fire people from public office etc if they are racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic etc.
What I disagree with is shit like quota's, or funding for female domestic abuse victims being completely out of proportion, or a number of other issues.
Ostro.MOV

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 pm

The Damn Bees wrote:

Read bullet point within definition 1- still support me

This definition is un-needed

Good... now use them properly.

No YOUR definition is unneeded.

Good lord, man.

Second of all, dictionaries are irrelevant. You can literally google "The difference between sex and gender" and find decades of work on the subject, nearly all of whom have come to the conclusion that sex is biological, whereas gender is psychological. A social construct.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General