NATION

PASSWORD

Opinion on the idea of "white nationalism" (CLOSED)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Brocwika
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Opinion on the idea of "white nationalism" (CLOSED)

Postby Brocwika » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:58 pm

First of all white nationalism is NOT the same as white supremacy.

White nationalism is, as the name suggests, nations reserved for whites, especially if founded by whites. Essentially, it's segregation of the world, but not necessarily an ideology all white-majority nations should follow, but one a nation founded specifically for the preservation of the white race would follow.

Now that that's cleared up, I ask you, what is your opinion. I myself am neutral on this topic honestly.

Edit: Cite sources and post reasons surrounding your arguments. I want a scholar thread, not a "post my standpoint in 3 words and leave" thread.
Last edited by Brocwika on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vintery, Mintery, Cuttery, Corn
Appleseed and Applethorn
Wire, Briar, Limberlock
Three geese in a flock
One flew east, one flew west...
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Current Time To Doomsday
"A fear of weapons is a sign of undeveloped emotional and sexual maturity"~~Sigmund Freud.

My Website (it's not finished but check it out)

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Brocwika wrote:First of all white nationalism is NOT the same as white supremacy.

White nationalism is, as the name suggests, nations reserved for whites, especially if founded by whites. Essentially, it's segregation of the world, but not necessarily an ideology all white-majority nations should follow, but one a nation founded specifically for the preservation of the white race would follow.

Now that that's cleared up, I ask you, what is your opinion. I myself am neutral on this topic honestly.

No. It's a bad and rather stupid idea.

That was easy, when's lunch?
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I dislike the idea of ethnic or racial nationalism.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

[Insert personal information]

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Sounds pretty terrible.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Stupid idea.

/thread
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:00 pm

no, that's pretty fucking stupid really.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Brocwika wrote:First of all white nationalism is NOT the same as white supremacy.

I think 2 things

1) there aren't enough "white" people who want a white-only nation to make up a nation

2) there is no place available to set up such a nation.
whatever

Choronzon
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Choronzon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm

White Nationalism? Ooooh, you mean, "Darkies get out of muh country!"

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm

There's really no room for shit like this in the modern world.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm

It's up there in terms of terrible-ness. Maybe in the top 10 of the 'most terrible', in fact.

Dolphin with an AK-47
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolphin with an AK-47 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:03 pm

A shitty idea.
You can call me Dolphin for short.

Atheist and Capitalist.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Ashmoria wrote:

I think 2 things

1) there aren't enough "white" people who want a white-only nation to make up a nation

1. If we put all the white supremacists in one nation, it could probably have enough people.
2. Therein lies the problem.
White nationalism is a great idea because it would get the white supremacists out of modern countries so that they can slowly inbreed themselves out of existence.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Apparently summer has already started for some people.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:I think 2 things

1. If we put all the white supremacists in one nation, it could probably have enough people.
White nationalism is a great idea because it would get the white supremacists out of modern countries so that they can slowly inbreed themselves out of existence.

Well, if you think of it that way...

Anyway, just offer them a piece of Antarctica, and see if they're still so keen on the idea. If they ask, why Antarctica, just tell them that it's white, and you thought any brown or green landmass would be an insult to their whiteness.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:12 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Apparently summer has already started for some people.

What happens here during the summer? People keep talking about it like it's some kind of apocalypse.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Is it just me or is the description you gave in the OP similar to the ideology of Nazi Germany?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Apparently summer has already started for some people.

What happens here during the summer? People keep talking about it like it's some kind of apocalypse.

It's not pretty.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

Oh, well, during the summer, [redacted for your own good].
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Diopolis wrote:1. If we put all the white supremacists in one nation, it could probably have enough people.

Well, if you think of it that way...

Anyway, just offer them a piece of Antarctica, and see if they're still so keen on the idea. If they ask, why Antarctica, just tell them that it's white, and you thought any brown or green landmass would be an insult to their whiteness.

That would be a good idea... Except that Antarctica has enough oil that they can skate by without confronting reality.( I am assuming that setting up a sovereign nation in antarctica would nullify the antarctic treaty)
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:Well, if you think of it that way...

That would be a good idea... Except that Antarctica has enough oil that they can skate by without confronting reality.( I am assuming that setting up a sovereign nation in antarctica would nullify the antarctic treaty)

Someone tell the Sealand guys this.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Ainin wrote:Is it just me or is the description you gave in the OP similar to the ideology of Nazi Germany?

It actually does sound a lot like the pre-war Nazi Party.

"Psssst, hey guys, we just want to create a nation for the German race where they can live free of outside influence. Don't worry, this will be completely peaceful, and we'll definitely make sure not to infringe on the rights of non-whites while creating this paradise on earth. Oh, and by the way, we're not going to invade Poland, massacre ethnic and religious minorities, or anything stupid like that. We're all friends, right?"

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

This just makes me think of the Israel/Palestine thread.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm

It's not the change we want, it's the change we need.

White power.
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:

The sort of people who troll have more time on their hands, so they start trolling threads. The guy who was trying to prove the bible was the literal word of God because it correctly predicted events started during the summer last year, for example. And stuff like that guy who was making threads that were stormfront copypasta become more common.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General