NATION

PASSWORD

Lesbian Teacher in Ohio Fired

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Cosara wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Well? She worked 19 years for the school. A small blurb in the paper about her mother's death mentioned it. She get's tossed.

So yes that's pretty fucking stupid.

I say they should have never hired her in the first place, and am just glad that they fired her.


You're a bigot. You're fired.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
Union of Democratic Socialists
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 200
Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Democratic Socialists » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Benuty wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Inb4 'but it's Freedom of Religion!'


What if I told you

Freedom of religion has nothing to do with this.


Then I would inform you that you are stupid. CATHOLIC SCHOOL! Also meaning it is private and the government can not enforce the rule of allowing a homosexual to teach.
Last edited by Union of Democratic Socialists on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33988
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Cosara wrote:I say they should have never hired her in the first place, and am just glad that they fired her.


You're a bigot. You're fired.


Well? He has to defend the Priests. She could have cut in on their dating possibilities.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Untaroicht
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1978
Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:
That passage does not mention the jews specifically, it was badly misinterpreted.

When looking at the context of Matthew’s Gospel (specifically, chapters 26 and 27) it is quite obvious that the entire Jewish race was not totally responsible for having Jesus crucified. Matthew 26 and 27 informs the reader that one individual and three distinct groups were responsible for the death of Jesus Christ. They are Judas Iscariot, the disciple who betrayed Jesus into the hands of the Jewish authorities (Matt. 26:14–16; 47–50); the Jewish leaders. This group was made up of Caiphas the High Priest, the chief priests, the elders, and the scribes. They united to form the Sanhedrin of Jerusalem which tried Jesus on the charge of blasphemy (Matt. 26:47, 57–67; 27:1–2, 5, 18, 25); the Romans, comprised of the Procurator Pontius Pilate who handed Jesus over to be crucified and the Roman soldiers who actually nailed Jesus to the cross (Matt. 27:11–37); the Jewish mob of Jerusalem. Though their role in Matthew 27 seems passive and subordinated under the control and influence of the chief priests and elders, their guilt in the death of Christ cannot be overlooked. They had the opportunity afforded them by Pilate to have Jesus released, but they chose instead a criminal named Barabbas

Ah? So the infallible Catholic Church was wrong for 1600 years?

Good to know.


I never mentioned the catholic church was "Infallible", far from it.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 97029
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Cosara wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Well? She worked 19 years for the school. A small blurb in the paper about her mother's death mentioned it. She get's tossed.

So yes that's pretty fucking stupid.

I say they should have never hired her in the first place, and am just glad that they fired her.

Your gladness is offensive.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo| In support of Arch

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35217
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Cosara wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Well? She worked 19 years for the school. A small blurb in the paper about her mother's death mentioned it. She get's tossed.

So yes that's pretty fucking stupid.

I say they should have never hired her in the first place, and am just glad that they fired her.


Image
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Lunalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 621
Founded: Oct 19, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lunalia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm curious as to whether the school believes that only single people should teach children, and have fired any other, heterosexual teachers in the past for having their relationships publicized. Otherwise, the statements "we didn't fire her because she was a lesbian" and "we fired her because her relationship was publicized" do not compute.
Wikkiwallana wrote:
Auralia wrote:
The Catholic Church teaches that participation in gay "commitment ceremonies" is wrong.

You may not have noticed, but New Mexico is not located in Vatican City.

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Union of Democratic Socialists wrote:
Benuty wrote:
What if I told you

Freedom of religion has nothing to do with this.


Then I would inform you that you are stupid. CATHOLIC SCHOOL! Also meaning it is private and the government can not enforce the rule of allowing a homosexual to teach.


If they are getting Federal or State funding for any reason, then they have to comply with Federal and State rule. As I understand it parochial schools do get such funding.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48555
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Best of luck to her in finding another job, and in the lawsuit if she decides to pursue one.

Not really a cause of action, Ohio bans such discrimination in government employment only.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48555
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Union of Democratic Socialists wrote:
Then I would inform you that you are stupid. CATHOLIC SCHOOL! Also meaning it is private and the government can not enforce the rule of allowing a homosexual to teach.


If they are getting Federal or State funding for any reason, then they have to comply with Federal and State rule. As I understand it parochial schools do get such funding.

And which rule forbids this ?
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Anachronous Rex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6312
Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Ah? So the infallible Catholic Church was wrong for 1600 years?

Good to know.


I never mentioned the catholic church was "Infallible", far from it.

Oh? So they're wrong about that too?

You're not doing a very good job of painting them as superior to any other denomination.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48555
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Lunalia wrote:I'm curious as to whether the school believes that only single people should teach children, and have fired any other, heterosexual teachers in the past for having their relationships publicized. Otherwise, the statements "we didn't fire her because she was a lesbian" and "we fired her because her relationship was publicized" do not compute.

You bring up a good point, the church could fire her for premartial sex.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Untaroicht
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1978
Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:
I never mentioned the catholic church was "Infallible", far from it.

Oh? So they're wrong about that too?

You're not doing a very good job of painting them as superior to any other denomination.


Once again you misinterpret my argument and replace my words with dribble you can use to further your own agenda. I'm not trying to make them sound superior (After all I'm eastern orthodox and studying to be in the clergy of the eastern orthodox church), I'm simply defending their freedom of religion and their right to not have to deal with those who wish to defy their rules when they are in their employment.

Freedom of religion covers EVERYONE, not just your own personal viewpoint.

When I disagreed with the practices of the evangelical church among others, I may disagree with that, but since they are a religious instutution and we have the first amendment, they may do whatever they please, and I cannot (and WILL NOT, out of respect and as a patriotic citizen) do anything to infringe on that.
Last edited by Untaroicht on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

User avatar
Anachronous Rex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6312
Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Cosara wrote:I say they should have never hired her in the first place, and am just glad that they fired her.

Your gladness is offensive.

Really, anytime someone gloats over another's misfortune, it is in poor taste.

That a Christian is doing it is delightful hypocrisy. Though, I suppose in keeping with some of the more sinister Church Fathers.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35217
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Union of Democratic Socialists wrote:
Benuty wrote:
What if I told you

Freedom of religion has nothing to do with this.


Then I would inform you that you are stupid. CATHOLIC SCHOOL! Also meaning it is private and the government can not enforce the rule of allowing a homosexual to teach.


What if I told you

"Bigotry is Bigotry no matter what clause of the law it hides under"
Last edited by Benuty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Lyassa and Nairoa
Diplomat
 
Posts: 743
Founded: Jun 29, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyassa and Nairoa » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Really ? that´s terrible. I know, I know... I´ve said stuff about SSM and adoption that sounds awful to you ..but that´s appalling. Even I think it is.

User avatar
Union of Democratic Socialists
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 200
Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Democratic Socialists » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Union of Democratic Socialists wrote:
Then I would inform you that you are stupid. CATHOLIC SCHOOL! Also meaning it is private and the government can not enforce the rule of allowing a homosexual to teach.


If they are getting Federal or State funding for any reason, then they have to comply with Federal and State rule. As I understand it parochial schools do get such funding.


Certain ones do but I don't think this is one of them.

User avatar
Anachronous Rex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6312
Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Oh? So they're wrong about that too?

You're not doing a very good job of painting them as superior to any other denomination.


I'm not trying to make them sound superior (after all I'm eastern orthodox), I'm simply defending their freedom of religion.

Ah, you seemed to be arguing otherwise. It did seem an odd choice of flag...

Regardless, Hagiography disproves your assertion. And, of course, the Orthodox Church can make no honest claim to not playing politics either.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

User avatar
Imsogone
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7280
Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:20 pm

greed and death wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
If they are getting Federal or State funding for any reason, then they have to comply with Federal and State rule. As I understand it parochial schools do get such funding.

And which rule forbids this ?


I'm just pointing out that any private organization that receives government funding is bound to obey relevant government regulations. And just because it's a "private" school doesn't mean it's exempt from the law.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 97029
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Your gladness is offensive.

Really, anytime someone gloats over another's misfortune, it is in poor taste.

That a Christian is doing it is delightful hypocrisy. Though, I suppose in keeping with some of the more sinister Church Fathers.

A Christian doing it in defense of Christianity. I've been thinking about this and in a way, this is a good thing. It points up, once again, how hidebound and inflexible religious institutions can be. The public needs to be shown that from time to time, lest they forget.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo| In support of Arch

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33988
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:21 pm

greed and death wrote:
Lunalia wrote:I'm curious as to whether the school believes that only single people should teach children, and have fired any other, heterosexual teachers in the past for having their relationships publicized. Otherwise, the statements "we didn't fire her because she was a lesbian" and "we fired her because her relationship was publicized" do not compute.

You bring up a good point, the church could fire her for premartial sex.


Then there would be few choices left to teach.

You could go to the Nuns and Priests but even then those numbers would drop.

Could you fire a Priest or non for premarital sex?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Union of Democratic Socialists
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 200
Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Democratic Socialists » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Benuty wrote:
Union of Democratic Socialists wrote:
Then I would inform you that you are stupid. CATHOLIC SCHOOL! Also meaning it is private and the government can not enforce the rule of allowing a homosexual to teach.


What if I told you

"Bigotry is Bigotry no matter what clause of the law it hides under"


It is not Bigotry. I disagree with the Catholics on actually firing her but as a private school they have that right.

User avatar
Anachronous Rex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6312
Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Really, anytime someone gloats over another's misfortune, it is in poor taste.

That a Christian is doing it is delightful hypocrisy. Though, I suppose in keeping with some of the more sinister Church Fathers.

A Christian doing it in defense of Christianity. I've been thinking about this and in a way, this is a good thing. It points up, once again, how hidebound and inflexible religious institutions can be. The public needs to be shown that from time to time, lest they forget.

Indeed.

Similarly, in someways, I wish Aztec Paganism were still a practiced thing. It would be terrible and genocidal, of course, but at least it would free people of this notion that, "religion practiced properly is always peaceful."
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

User avatar
The God-Realm
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8759
Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 pm

I clap sarcastically.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

User avatar
Lunalia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 621
Founded: Oct 19, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lunalia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
greed and death wrote:You bring up a good point, the church could fire her for premartial sex.


Then there would be few choices left to teach.

You could go to the Nuns and Priests but even then those numbers would drop.

Could you fire a Priest or non for premarital sex?

I wasn't even thinking premarital sex, I was thinking that they might want teachers who are both chaste and celibate, because technically the act of having sex is a sin whether to produce offspring or not. The having children part is what makes it tolerable rather than outright banned.

Possibly yes they could. They could certainly kick them out of teh church.
Wikkiwallana wrote:
Auralia wrote:
The Catholic Church teaches that participation in gay "commitment ceremonies" is wrong.

You may not have noticed, but New Mexico is not located in Vatican City.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blargoblarg, Exabot [Bot], Infected Mushroom, The Marconian State, The Papal Dominions, Washington Resistance Army, Western Vale Confederacy, Woodfiredpizzas, Yahoo [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads