NATION

PASSWORD

Lesbian Teacher in Ohio Fired

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:30 pm

New Libertarian States wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:*sigh* This is sad, really.. Giver her her bloody job back ffs

But she's a ebul lesberian.

I read that as 'evil librarian' at first. :p

New Libertarian States
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Libertarian States » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Genivaria wrote:
New Libertarian States wrote:But she's a ebul lesberian.

I read that as 'evil librarian' at first. :p

Their eyes do judge me a lot.
by Liriena » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of "No one cares".
It is the music of a people
who are sick NK waving its dick.
When the beating of our ignore cannon
echoes the beating of our facepalms,
there is a life about to start
when we nuke Pyongyang!

Literally a Horse
Not a Libertarian, just like the name.[benevolentthomas] horse is a defender leader in multiple region- whore organizations.
23:07 Unibot If an article could have a sack of testicles - it would.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Desperate Measures wrote:The infamous slippery slope to folding chairs teaching our children.

Has science gone too far?

Science always went too far.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SpudEmpire
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SpudEmpire » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Unfortunately she did teach at a Catholic School and the Catholic Church as an organization has never been particularly keen on LGBT rights. Unfortunate but not really surprising.....

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:50 pm

What the fuck, school?

But then again, considering it's a Christian school... in Ohio, eh... Yeah.
Last edited by Ainin on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:55 pm

SpudEmpire wrote:Unfortunately she did teach at a Catholic School and the Catholic Church as an organization has never been particularly keen on LGBT rights. Unfortunate but not really surprising.....

I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
SpudEmpire wrote:Unfortunately she did teach at a Catholic School and the Catholic Church as an organization has never been particularly keen on LGBT rights. Unfortunate but not really surprising.....

I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people but in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.

I think we can be disgusted without being surprised.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Galloism wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people but in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.

I think we can be disgusted without being surprised.

I am disgusted, I merely forgot to mention it. Must be the lesbianism rotting my brain.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Desperate Measures wrote:The infamous slippery slope to folding chairs teaching our children.

Has science gone too far?

Hey, how many kids can say they personally had lessons from President Obama?

Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people but in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.

Kinda this.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.

Openly gay people are fired, but child-molesting priests get quietly transferred. Will miracles ever cease?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.

Openly gay people are fired, but child-molesting priests get quietly transferred. Will miracles ever cease?

The priests said they were sorry. That makes all the difference, I guess.

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Haydenish People wrote:This makes me so ashamed to live near this school. Carla Hale, according to the school was not fired for being a lesbian, but because he relationship was publicized in her mother's obituary.

I don't even know where to start with this. Sure, she taught at a Catholic school, but it is also illegal in Columbus to discriminate based on sexuality.

http://dft.ba/-5CFR

It's a Catholic school. No more justification is needed.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Cosara wrote:
Haydenish People wrote:This makes me so ashamed to live near this school. Carla Hale, according to the school was not fired for being a lesbian, but because he relationship was publicized in her mother's obituary.

I don't even know where to start with this. Sure, she taught at a Catholic school, but it is also illegal in Columbus to discriminate based on sexuality.

It is illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation in Ohio. So, yes, justification is needed.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

The priests said they were sorry. That makes all the difference, I guess.

Actually the new Pope is trying to get the priests arrested, or at least striped of their titles.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I have to agree. If people want to live in the closet, fine, their choice, but given the Church's deplorable attitude towards LGBT people in this day and age, no one should be surprised when something like this happens.

I think that was during the Benedict Papacy. I'm hoping that the Papal Government under Pope Francis will crack down on the Child Molesters.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

The Broken Imperial Sector
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Imperial Sector » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Why the hell did a lesbian work at a catholic school in the first place?
We can not allow this nation or this world to be destroyed from the inside out!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Cosara wrote:

What happened to "hate the sin, love the sinner"? Not much love there.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

The Broken Imperial Sector wrote:Why the hell did a lesbian work at a catholic school in the first place?

Because she needed a job?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
The Broken Imperial Sector wrote:Why the hell did a lesbian work at a catholic school in the first place?

And she seems to have done a good job, since they kept her on for 19 years.

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm

A shame she was fired, but, what did you expect by coming out of the closet while working at a catholic school?

Religious institutions have a constitutional right to deny accepting people who's lifestyle choices go against their code of ethics, and the catholic church (and all christian churches, for that matter, with a few fringe exceptions), have disagreed with homosexual thoughts for the past two thousand years.

If you want to be open about your sexual preferences, please work somewhere where it doesn't go directly against the rules.

This is like applying for a job at PETA, and at the job interview you come in eating a bucket of KFC.
Last edited by Untaroicht on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

The Broken Imperial Sector
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Imperial Sector » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:

But she chose to work at a religious school who's religion is against homosexuality.
We can not allow this nation or this world to be destroyed from the inside out!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Beats me
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Untaroicht wrote:A shame she was fired, but, what did you expect by coming out of the closet while working at a catholic school?

Religious institutions have a constitutional right to deny accepting people who's lifestyle choices go against their code of ethics, and the catholic church (and all christian churches, for that matter, with a few fringe exceptions), have disagreed with homosexual thoughts for the past two thousand years.

If you want to be open about your sexual preferences, please work somewhere where it doesn't go directly against the rules.

This is like applying for a job at PETA, and at the job interview you come in eating a bucket of KFC.

She didn't "come out of the closet." She was already a open homosexual. It was merely that her orientation was publicized that got her fired. It was completely idiotic to fire her after nineteen years of fine service.

@}-;-'---

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:39 pm

The Broken Imperial Sector wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Because she needed a job?

But she chose to work at a religious school who's religion is against homosexuality.

And did so for nineteen years without being fired. Don't you think that is a little bit wrong?

@}-;-'---

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General