NATION

PASSWORD

Gay marriages....now what about siblings parents or animals?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Death Metal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13542
Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 am

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!


Nope. Not even when it was arranged only was this really true.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

User avatar
StabbyMcGeeLand
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby StabbyMcGeeLand » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 am

Solmakia wrote:But what next? What about a man and his dog? Should they get married? Or what about a man and his son? Or a brother and sister? When is it too much? How far are people going to be allowed? What should be allowed? I'm personally undecided on the issue of what a marriage really means, but what do you guys think about sibling, inter special or other kinds of bizarre civil unions?


Only if the dog is gay. The other stuff happens without licence in most back water places. But never fear. I'm sure you'll find someone.

User avatar
Paper Mache
Attaché
 
Posts: 77
Founded: May 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Paper Mache » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 am

i wonder if there is such a thread on that big beastiality foum

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21356
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:48 am

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!


Yes, and marriage as a familial stability agent should be available to same-sex partners as well. I don't see why same-sex partners who are raising children should be barred from the same benefits, rights and protections available to those of us in heterosexual marriages.
Such heroic nonsense!

User avatar
Anachronous Rex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6312
Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:19 am

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

Which gay people can do, and some strait people can't.

Your point?
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

User avatar
Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9932
Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 am

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

So, ban infertile people from marrying, and automatically divorce anyone who becomes infertile? Abolish birth control, and imprison people who pull out?
Economic Left/Right -7.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -6.77
Also, Bonobos.
I am a market socialist, atheist, more to come maybe at some point
No one wrote:Haven't found a quote I really like yet

User avatar
Individuality-ness
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37712
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:30 am

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

So, ban infertile people from marrying, and automatically divorce anyone who becomes infertile? Abolish birth control, and imprison people who pull out?

Was I not born to be an incubator? Or is this me vying to be treated like a person? (To add on.)
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

User avatar
Anachronous Rex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6312
Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:33 am

Individuality-ness wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:So, ban infertile people from marrying, and automatically divorce anyone who becomes infertile? Abolish birth control, and imprison people who pull out?

Was I not born to be an incubator? Or is this me vying to be treated like a person? (To add on.)

"How did this one get it's muzzle off? Back in the breeding pits!"
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

User avatar
Individuality-ness
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37712
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 am

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Was I not born to be an incubator? Or is this me vying to be treated like a person? (To add on.)

"How did this one get it's muzzle off? Back in the breeding pits!"

NUUUUUUUU!!one11!!!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

User avatar
Urmanian
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8899
Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Urmanian » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 am

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

gay people can create families

User avatar
Ainin
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13975
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ainin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Just a guy who does things. | IIwiki | Esquarium, a fun, realistic MT RP region. Join us!
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

User avatar
Agymnum
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7393
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!


So old people, people who don't intend to have children, and sterile people cannot get married?

Really? Is this the logic we're going with now?
Glorious puppet of Highfort

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 101176
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!


So old people, people who don't intend to have children, and sterile people cannot get married?

Really? Is this the logic we're going with now?

Notice how well-worn the path is? This not the first time someone's been down this way. And don't expect an honest answer.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Agymnum
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7393
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Agymnum wrote:
So old people, people who don't intend to have children, and sterile people cannot get married?

Really? Is this the logic we're going with now?

Notice how well-worn the path is? This not the first time someone's been down this way. And don't expect an honest answer.


What makes me sad is that people insist on retreading the same ground when their claims have already been refuted repeatedly.

I mean, I know I bitch a lot about conservatives and religious fundamentalists moving the goalposts, but at least that was some sort of progress. Now they're just rewinding the tapes and replaying them and acting like it's a new argument.
Glorious puppet of Highfort

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 101176
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Notice how well-worn the path is? This not the first time someone's been down this way. And don't expect an honest answer.


What makes me sad is that people insist on retreading the same ground when their claims have already been refuted repeatedly.

I mean, I know I bitch a lot about conservatives and religious fundamentalists moving the goalposts, but at least that was some sort of progress. Now they're just rewinding the tapes and replaying them and acting like it's a new argument.

Well, some do admit that it's the same old argument, they're just convinced that it's a valid argument. That's why, when you confront them with heterosexuals who don't want children or can't have children or are past child-bearing, they tap dance like crazy. What it comes down to is that these people simply don't like homosexuals and refuse to acknowledge them as "proper" citizens. The reasons vary but that's basically it.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Llamalandia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10637
Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Urmanian wrote:
Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

gay people can create families

Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)

User avatar
Thafoo
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33492
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

Says who?

Plus, a family can be created in a homosexual couple thru adoption.

User avatar
Agymnum
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7393
Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Urmanian wrote:gay people can create families

Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)


True, but if your issue is about families, why not bar people from being married unless they promise to have children?

What about old people? What about sterile people?

Why is the idea of having children so integral to the idea of marriage?
Glorious puppet of Highfort

User avatar
Llamalandia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10637
Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Notice how well-worn the path is? This not the first time someone's been down this way. And don't expect an honest answer.


What makes me sad is that people insist on retreading the same ground when their claims have already been refuted repeatedly.

I mean, I know I bitch a lot about conservatives and religious fundamentalists moving the goalposts, but at least that was some sort of progress. Now they're just rewinding the tapes and replaying them and acting like it's a new argument.

Well actually yes that has been the technically correct catholic definition for marriage (i.e. marriage requires consummation or it isn't real), it's been that way for hundreds of years, not saying it necessarily should just that is the history of marriage under cannon law. :)

User avatar
Thafoo
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33492
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
Urmanian wrote:gay people can create families

Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)

Yes, because children who aren't related to the parents will grow up to be sociopathic psychopaths who eat baby brain soufflé and kitten heart sundae.

User avatar
Llamalandia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10637
Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)

Yes, because children who aren't related to the parents will grow up to be sociopathic psychopaths who eat baby brain soufflé and kitten heart sundae.

Man I didn't have problem with gay adoption but after hearing that well... :lol:

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 101176
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)

Yes, because children who aren't related to the parents will grow up to be sociopathic psychopaths who eat baby brain soufflé and kitten heart sundae.

It's amazing how many people don't know that.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Llamalandia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10637
Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)

Yes, because children who aren't related to the parents will grow up to be sociopathic psychopaths who eat baby brain soufflé and kitten heart sundae.

But seriously I would point out that all else being equal it seems that societies position is that children are best off when raised by both biologically related parents (of course often things aren't equal) so until the uber-moral majority is willing to end its hypocrisy and provide a home for every kid in foster care they should really shut up about gay people adopting kids into a loving family. :)

User avatar
YellowApple
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13821
Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:Yes, but not families in which the children are directly genetically related to both of the two married parents in the Chromosomal sense. :)

Yes, because children who aren't related to the parents will grow up to be sociopathic psychopaths who eat baby brain soufflé and kitten heart sundae.


That sounds like a pretty normal lunch for me. Sure, I get some weird looks from my co-workers, but hey, haters gonna hate.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

User avatar
Llamalandia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10637
Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Can I ask though am I the only one on here who finds incest of any kind just basically and instinctually morally repugnant, I mean I generally describe myself as pretty libertarian but seriously incest is just not okay with me. :unsure:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia, Antityranicals, Camelone, Cannot think of a name, Emulation White, Federal Spanish States, Gagium, Google [Bot], Gormwood, Heloin, Ifreann, Immoren, LiberNovusAmericae, Lower Nubia, Miami Shores, Napkizemlja, Neo-Unified Nations, New Excalibus, Proctopeo, Saciu, Souseiseki, Syeadeshistania, Tpsuszcd Mpyigpoasz, Valentine Z, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads