NATION

PASSWORD

Gay marriages....now what about siblings parents or animals?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 am

Arrakis wrote:What is more important and realistic than siblings, parents and animals is plural marriage.

Myself and two others are in a plural relationship and we all want to be able to marry. But we can't. We support marriage rights for LGBTQ peoples (because we are bi-sexual), but our plural relationship is called unnatural and treated with disgust (once discovered) even by LGBTQ people I thought were our friends. One of my girlfriend's cousins, who is a married lesbian and whose wedding we were invited to, afterwards called our relationship "disturbing" and later said plural relationships should never be granted marriage.

What about our rights? :(

Your rights are important and I support them. However, there are more legal issues with redesigning how marriages and divorces and so on work when trying to legalise plural marriages than for couples getting married.

Ailiailia wrote:I'm with you up to living/dead.

<snipped for space>

Interesting way of putting it; I had heard such a proposition before, but realising it is just meat makes me more okay with someone having sex with a dead person under those conditions. However, a dead person still can't enter into marriage.
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:
That's a big microwave oven you have there. If I ever visit your house, I will be very particular about the exact directions to the lavatory.

Why? don't you trust me? 8)

I just don't want to accidentally walk into the wrong room, hit the light switch and get fried.

And no, I don't trust you. You seem like the sort of person who would have a room-sized microwave oven in your house. :lol:
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 am

Ailiailia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Why? don't you trust me? 8)

I just don't want to accidentally walk into the wrong room, hit the light switch and get fried.

And no, I don't trust you. You seem like the sort of person who would have a room-sized microwave oven in your house. :lol:

My microwave is only used for the vitally challenged. You'd be OK.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 am

The New Earth Coalition wrote:
Meryuma wrote:Places with legal bestiality, polygamy and incest often tend to be places that also oppose gay marriage.

Actually, thats not true...

Its actually the opposite. Places with illegal bestiality, polygamy, and incest tend to be the places that oppose gay marriage. Places that have legal all of the above tend to be openly homosexual-suuportive.

Although it's worth noting that the places where raping children is most acceptable are pretty homophobic (those being the highly traditional islamic countries in the middle east and asia and christian countries in africa). Although I'm not aware that it's -legal- in those places, it's certainly practiced culturally far more than elsewhere.

The New Earth Coalition
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Coalition » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:45 am

Person012345 wrote:
The New Earth Coalition wrote:
Actually, thats not true...

Its actually the opposite. Places with illegal bestiality, polygamy, and incest tend to be the places that oppose gay marriage. Places that have legal all of the above tend to be openly homosexual-suuportive.

Although it's worth noting that the places where raping children is most acceptable are pretty homophobic (those being the highly traditional islamic countries in the middle east and asia and christian countries in africa). Although I'm not aware that it's -legal- in those places, it's certainly practiced culturally far more than elsewhere.

Agreed.
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.41

Founder of the The Third Dominion and member of the Progressive-Conservative Party

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:54 am

Tsuntion wrote:
Arrakis wrote:What is more important and realistic than siblings, parents and animals is plural marriage.

Myself and two others are in a plural relationship and we all want to be able to marry. But we can't. We support marriage rights for LGBTQ peoples (because we are bi-sexual), but our plural relationship is called unnatural and treated with disgust (once discovered) even by LGBTQ people I thought were our friends. One of my girlfriend's cousins, who is a married lesbian and whose wedding we were invited to, afterwards called our relationship "disturbing" and later said plural relationships should never be granted marriage.

What about our rights? :(

Your rights are important and I support them. However, there are more legal issues with redesigning how marriages and divorces and so on work when trying to legalise plural marriages than for couples getting married.

I second this. To provide marriage equality to marriages of more than two people, existing laws about marriage would need to be rewritten changing the contract of existing marriages. It's not simple at all.

Tsuntion wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:I'm with you up to living/dead.

<snipped for space>

Interesting way of putting it; I had heard such a proposition before, but realising it is just meat makes me more okay with someone having sex with a dead person under those conditions. However, a dead person still can't enter into marriage.

Most excellent: you acknowledge my point (about the will of the deceased) but also politely point to the thread subject and how I have strayed from it.

You're a better person than me just now. But I am filthy drunk and still smarting from the 100 point thrashing my mother gave me in a game of Scrabble. Three person game and I came third. Damn those women and their language skills! Damned old women, with their X's and their Q's and laying down URINALS for 76 points! Oh my male pride, it hurts.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Blekksprutia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blekksprutia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 am

Arglorand wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Wrong color? They are letting people with the wrong PARTS vote!

You forget that they let PLEBS vote.

Really, only the top 1 percent should vote.

I love NSG :clap: :rofl:
KILLUGON and BERNIE SANDERS and my moirail, ERIDEL.
Founder of Kotturheim, home to my GAY POLECATS, who are TOO FABULOUS FOR YOU.
Arg: Blekk does that. The topics of same sex marriage and the human race's fight against idiocy motivate him to write some truly impressive and glorious rants that deserve to be remembered and sigged.
Zott: I see our Blekky has discovered the joys of amphetamines.
Horus: blekky you are blekky i am horus
Rio: Blekky you are the best person on this website. Figuratively, kiss me.
Blekky is like a bunny. He looks adorable, yet he might bite you till it hurts.
Veccy: you're the worst blekky
The Balkens: Blekk does that, he has been taught by NSG's greatest practitioners of Snark to Snark combat.
Napki: Marry me, Blekk
Aeq: Blekk, you are Jesus!!!

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 am

Cosara wrote:In about 10 years, when the Supreme Court takes up the cases of Bestiality, Sibling Marriage and Parent Child marriages, I am sure there will be more people on this forum protecting the traditional definition (If the Supreme Court rules DOMA and Prop. 8 unconstitutional, it will be this: Between two unrelated adult humans)

MORE GREASE FOR THE GREASED SLOPE! SLOPES FOR THE SLIPPERY THRONE!

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 am

Siblings, sure. Parents, as long as the kid is over 18, why not? Animals, no. They can't consent.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:40 am

Foraiteo wrote:(Image)

hooray for incest.

I'd have to question the accuracy of that map..... Virginia there is in green, and yet incest is illegal..... it's part of the provisions of our adultery and fornication statute, it's a class 5 felony unless it's an adult on minor incest situation where it's a class 3 felony.
Such heroic nonsense!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 am

Tekania wrote:
Foraiteo wrote:(Image)

hooray for incest.

I'd have to question the accuracy of that map..... Virginia there is in green, and yet incest is illegal..... it's part of the provisions of our adultery and fornication statute, it's a class 5 felony unless it's an adult on minor incest situation where it's a class 3 felony.

My guess is that the green states allow cousins to marry.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 am

You can't equate gay marriage to incest or bestiality... because gay marriage isn't wrong. :palm:

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 am

Thafoo wrote:You can't equate gay marriage to incest or bestiality... because gay marriage isn't wrong. :palm:

These slippery slope people have failed the Emperor.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 am

Samuraikoku wrote:
Thafoo wrote:You can't equate gay marriage to incest or bestiality... because gay marriage isn't wrong. :palm:

These slippery slope people have failed the Emperor.

Every time I see your flag, I always know that it's going to be your WH40K reference :p

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 am

I thought the US might go for allowing people to marry their cars or guns first.
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 am

L Ron Cupboard wrote:I thought the US might go for allowing people to marry their cars or guns first.

People in the US can already marry their weapons. They're called telumsexuals.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 am

Thafoo wrote:
L Ron Cupboard wrote:I thought the US might go for allowing people to marry their cars or guns first.

People in the US can already marry their weapons. They're called telumsexuals.

The dominant sexuality in many a southern state.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Tekania wrote:

My guess is that the green states allow cousins to marry.

Cousin marriage isn't incest... at least in most of modern western soceity who have accepted modern genetics..... can't speak for those flat-earthers in Kansas.
Such heroic nonsense!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

Tekania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:My guess is that the green states allow cousins to marry.

Cousin marriage isn't incest... at least in most of modern western soceity who have accepted modern genetics..... can't speak for those flat-earthers in Kansas.

I agree, but that might be what what's his face meant.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

Tekania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:My guess is that the green states allow cousins to marry.

*cough I'M FROM KANSAS AND IT'S QUITE HILLY ACTUALLY cough*

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

Thafoo wrote:Every time I see your flag, I always know that it's going to be your WH40K reference :p

What the enemy can see, they will soon learn to fear. ;)

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 am

A textbook example of the logical fallacy of the slippery slope.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 am

Thafoo wrote:
Tekania wrote:

*cough I'M FROM KANSAS AND IT'S QUITE HILLY ACTUALLY cough*

"Flat-earther" doesn't ... oh, never mind. And you should have that cough looked at.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Thafoo wrote:*cough I'M FROM KANSAS AND IT'S QUITE HILLY ACTUALLY cough*

"Flat-earther" doesn't ... oh, never mind. And you should have that cough looked at.

It's a common cold ;)

Hockenberg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hockenberg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 am

Fuck marriage.
My nation's laws. | Nation (mostly) reflects RL beliefs. | My YouTube channel
I am: F1 Reject, anti-monarchist, agnostic atheist, pacifist, pro-choice (though I hate that term), pro-universal healthcare, occasional troll, male, straight, anti-gun nut (not nessecarily pro-gun control) and anti-marriage

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General