NATION

PASSWORD

In Defense of George W. Bush Jr.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Typhlochactas wrote:That's it? That makes up for Iraq?

Is that what he said? No. He's saying that people on this site judge him unfairly. I think he's right.
Bolguria wrote:Well put together argument, yet I still think he should be put on trial for warcrimes in the Hague!

To be fair, Obama should too...to be fair virtually every American president should.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

Lesbia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lesbia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 pm

United Provinces of Atlantica wrote:I don't think people have a 'right' to bear arms.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution wrote:...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Last edited by Lesbia on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We're Lesbians, not lesbians.

Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.13
Updated July 18, 2016

Supporting HRC for president.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Eaglleia wrote:Bush was a shit President, sorry. But I'll concur, he was far from the worst.

He should have stayed with governing and painting.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Democratic Republic of the Triumvirate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Republic of the Triumvirate » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:02 pm

And Hitler introduced animal cruelty laws...

Liberum Romanus
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberum Romanus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:02 pm

I personally want to see him thrown into a gladiatorial ampitheatre against Iraqis.

I'm aware that you're not supposed to be IC in the general discussion. I am not being in character.

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:03 pm

I think GWB's major tragic flaw was that he was the most powerful man of a world that he wasn't even halfway curious about. He was doomed to be far below par.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Indira
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Indira » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Obama is a MASSIVE improvement over Bush.

Kalmarium
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmarium » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:Katrina.

I'm surprised no one else had brought this up.
My political and
religious views:
Leftist, somewhat libertarian. Muslim, but I believe in secular systems
religions and enforced atheism should be irrelevant in law.
Voting Bernie because he holds the majority of my interests.
My Deviantart
Alt. hisotry fans
check it out!

Kalmarium does not go by NS stats. Please refer to my nation's factbook, thanks!
Pro: Old schhol RTS/Anti: MLG gaming

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Lesbia wrote:
United Provinces of Atlantica wrote:I don't think people have a 'right' to bear arms.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution wrote:...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The REAL Second Amendment to the United States Constitution wrote:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If the second amendment said only "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" wouldn't any law against the someone owning a nuclear weapon, working tanks, anti aircraft weapons, and bio warfare agents be unconstitutional?

I want to fly in my own fully armed Apache helicopter and if you don't let me you're violating my rights!
Did you see a ghost?

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:46 pm

United Provinces of Atlantica wrote:1,2,4,5? Great, but not enough for the Patriot Act, Iraq, and the FMA. 3? That's a bad thing, not good. I don't think people have a 'right' to bear arms.

Too bad you're wrong.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
PC:
PS:
PT:

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Lesbia wrote:

The REAL Second Amendment to the United States Constitution wrote:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If the second amendment said only "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" wouldn't any law against the someone owning a nuclear weapon, working tanks, anti aircraft weapons, and bio warfare agents be unconstitutional?

I want to fly in my own fully armed Apache helicopter and if you don't let me you're violating my rights!

Just because that is your interpretation of the second amendment doesn't mean that's the real second amendment. It's not, the first version was the real version and its really hard to take an argument like the one you've made seriously, stay civil, stick to real facts.

PC:
PS:
PT:

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Untaroicht wrote:Almost any president worth his salt in the united states will be hated by at least somebody for something, but the teething amount of hate directed at one of them requires some attention. Currently, it would seem, George W. Bush Jr. is recognized as the very devil on NSG, with people blaming him for everything from the Judean People's Front (monty python reference) to head lice. So I figured I would list 5 excellent things his presidency did for the country and the world, with sources listed.

1. First Federal Ban on Racial Profiling:
During his first State of the Union address in early 2001, President Bush vowed to end racial profiling. In 2003, he acted on his promise by issuing an order to 70 federal law enforcement agencies calling for an end to most forms of racial and ethnic profiling. The ban was not airtight, but it was the first ban of its kind.

(Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/17/polit ... -PROF.html)

2. Federal Funding to fight the AIDS Epidemic and Help Developing Nations in Africa in General:
In his 2003 State of the Union address, President Bush announced the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a $15 billion global program to fight HIV/AIDS—the largest international effort in history created to fight a disease. In July 2008, Congress passed a $48 billion reauthorization that adds significant funding for tuberculosis and malaria. Frequent administration critic Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) has called PEPFAR "the single most significant thing the president has done." The effort is part of Bush's emphasis on foreign aid, particularly within Africa. In the president's first term, the US more than doubled development assistance to Africa and helped secure $34 billion in debt relief for 19 African countries. Today, foreign aid across the globe is three times what it was upon Bill Clinton's departure, though it is still lower, as a percentage of GDP, than most developed nations.

(Source:http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-26/opinions/35487798_1_african-countries-pepfar-antiretroviral-treatment)

3. Protected the Right to Bear Arms
When President Bush came into office, the Clinton-era "assault weapons" ban was still in effect. Even though he had supported the ban consistently during his 2000 campaign, President Bush made no serious effort to seek its renewal and it expired in 2004. Since that time, President Bush has also signed legislation preventing local law enforcement agencies from forcibly confiscating legally-owned firearms, as was done on a large scale in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_ ... ne_Katrina (confiscation of firearms subsection))

4. Diversified the Executive Branch like Never Before
President Bush has appointed more women and minorities to high-level posts than any other president in history. Everyone can point to his two African American secretaries of state, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, as well as his Hispanic attorney general, Alberto Gonzales. But a number of lesser-known Cabinet secretaries also broke the old-boy mold. His commerce secretary, Carlos Gutierrez, is a Cuban-born businessman. His past and present transportation secretaries have been an Asian American man (Norman Mineta) and a woman (Mary Peters). His education secretaries have been an African American man (Rod Paige) and a woman (Margaret Spellings). His labor secretary, Elaine Chao, was the first Asian American woman in US history to be appointed to a Cabinet post. Unfortunately, Bush's diverse picks did not always do the country proud. Gonzales presided over the politicization of the Department of Justice and provided the administration with a legal rationale for detainee torture. Former Housing and Urban Development chief Alphonso Jackson, another Bush hand from Texas, allegedly used his post to hand out contracts to friends and political allies. He left office under investigation by an inspector general, the FBI, and the Justice Department.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidency ... ge_W._Bush (just a basic list of his cabinet))

5. Got North Korea to Shut Down it's Nuclear Reactor (At least until recently)
In what is considered a diplomatic "win" for U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice over the more aggressive policies of Vice President Dick Cheney, the United States has made slow but steady progress in dealing with North Korea. At least until recently, but we have a new administration to blame for that.

(Source: http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/b/2007 ... -korea.htm)

Really though, while definitely not the best of presidents, he's hardly the super-extra totalitarian bigot alot of people make him out to be. Not saying he was THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER, but he was better then a lot of others *cough*andrew-jackson-woodrow-wilson-james-buchanan-richard-nixon-obama*cough*. He may have made some mistakes, but he also did some pretty awesome stuff as I just described to you. So next time when you wonder if he did anything good, remember this list.

Why the fuck is Obama in your list? Granted, Obama's not the best president, either, but he's far from shitty.

Unlike Bush. Allow me to point out several shitty things he did/supported as President.

1. Iraq War (a needless war against a country that didn't even have WMDs).

2. The shitty Federal response to Hurricane Katrina. There are multiple accounts of people claiming to have been blocked from delivering aid to the people of the city. Meanwhile, Bush said he couldn't send in the National Guard because 'it was too dangerous' (despite the fact that these were the same men and women fighting in Iraq). Its official, folks. Post-Katrina New Orleans: More dangerous than Fallujah.

Disserbia wrote:

Is that what he said? No. He's saying that people on this site judge him unfairly. I think he's right.

Well, when a man tells the director of FEMA that he's doing "a heck of a job" when literally thousands of people are fucking starving, dehydrated, overheated, and dying in the fucking streets of a major city, and one is from said city, and was there when shit hit the fucking fan, one tends to judge the man who said the quote rather fucking harshly.

If you'd been in my shoes when Katrina happened, you'd feel the same fucking way.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Godly Nations
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Godly Nations » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:Almost any president worth his salt in the united states will be hated by at least somebody for something, but the teething amount of hate directed at one of them requires some attention. Currently, it would seem, George W. Bush Jr. is recognized as the very devil on NSG, with people blaming him for everything from the Judean People's Front (monty python reference) to head lice. So I figured I would list 5 excellent things his presidency did for the country and the world, with sources listed.

1. First Federal Ban on Racial Profiling:
During his first State of the Union address in early 2001, President Bush vowed to end racial profiling. In 2003, he acted on his promise by issuing an order to 70 federal law enforcement agencies calling for an end to most forms of racial and ethnic profiling. The ban was not airtight, but it was the first ban of its kind.

(Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/17/polit ... -PROF.html)

2. Federal Funding to fight the AIDS Epidemic and Help Developing Nations in Africa in General:
In his 2003 State of the Union address, President Bush announced the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a $15 billion global program to fight HIV/AIDS—the largest international effort in history created to fight a disease. In July 2008, Congress passed a $48 billion reauthorization that adds significant funding for tuberculosis and malaria. Frequent administration critic Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) has called PEPFAR "the single most significant thing the president has done." The effort is part of Bush's emphasis on foreign aid, particularly within Africa. In the president's first term, the US more than doubled development assistance to Africa and helped secure $34 billion in debt relief for 19 African countries. Today, foreign aid across the globe is three times what it was upon Bill Clinton's departure, though it is still lower, as a percentage of GDP, than most developed nations.

(Source:http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-26/opinions/35487798_1_african-countries-pepfar-antiretroviral-treatment)

3. Protected the Right to Bear Arms
When President Bush came into office, the Clinton-era "assault weapons" ban was still in effect. Even though he had supported the ban consistently during his 2000 campaign, President Bush made no serious effort to seek its renewal and it expired in 2004. Since that time, President Bush has also signed legislation preventing local law enforcement agencies from forcibly confiscating legally-owned firearms, as was done on a large scale in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_ ... ne_Katrina (confiscation of firearms subsection))

4. Diversified the Executive Branch like Never Before
President Bush has appointed more women and minorities to high-level posts than any other president in history. Everyone can point to his two African American secretaries of state, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, as well as his Hispanic attorney general, Alberto Gonzales. But a number of lesser-known Cabinet secretaries also broke the old-boy mold. His commerce secretary, Carlos Gutierrez, is a Cuban-born businessman. His past and present transportation secretaries have been an Asian American man (Norman Mineta) and a woman (Mary Peters). His education secretaries have been an African American man (Rod Paige) and a woman (Margaret Spellings). His labor secretary, Elaine Chao, was the first Asian American woman in US history to be appointed to a Cabinet post. Unfortunately, Bush's diverse picks did not always do the country proud. Gonzales presided over the politicization of the Department of Justice and provided the administration with a legal rationale for detainee torture. Former Housing and Urban Development chief Alphonso Jackson, another Bush hand from Texas, allegedly used his post to hand out contracts to friends and political allies. He left office under investigation by an inspector general, the FBI, and the Justice Department.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidency ... ge_W._Bush (just a basic list of his cabinet))

5. Got North Korea to Shut Down it's Nuclear Reactor (At least until recently)
In what is considered a diplomatic "win" for U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice over the more aggressive policies of Vice President Dick Cheney, the United States has made slow but steady progress in dealing with North Korea. At least until recently, but we have a new administration to blame for that.

(Source: http://usforeignpolicy.about.com/b/2007 ... -korea.htm)

Really though, while definitely not the best of presidents, he's hardly the super-extra totalitarian bigot alot of people make him out to be. Not saying he was THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER, but he was better then a lot of others *cough*andrew-jackson-woodrow-wilson-james-buchanan-richard-nixon-obama*cough*. He may have made some mistakes, but he also did some pretty awesome stuff as I just described to you. So next time when you wonder if he did anything good, remember this list.

Why the fuck is Obama in your list? Granted, Obama's not the best president, either, but he's far from shitty.

Unlike Bush. Allow me to point out several shitty things he did/supported as President.

1. Iraq War (a needless war against a country that didn't even have WMDs).

2. The shitty Federal response to Hurricane Katrina. There are multiple accounts of people claiming to have been blocked from delivering aid to the people of the city. Meanwhile, Bush said he couldn't send in the National Guard because 'it was too dangerous' (despite the fact that these were the same men and women fighting in Iraq). Its official, folks. Post-Katrina New Orleans: More dangerous than Fallujah.

Disserbia wrote:Is that what he said? No. He's saying that people on this site judge him unfairly. I think he's right.

Well, when a man tells the director of FEMA that he's doing "a heck of a job" when literally thousands of people are fucking starving, dehydrated, overheated, and dying in the fucking streets of a major city, and one is from said city, and was there when shit hit the fucking fan, one tends to judge the man who said the quote rather fucking harshly.

If you'd been in my shoes when Katrina happened, you'd feel the same fucking way.

Calm down--- as the OP and several other people have mentioned, it is far too early to make any decision on Bush's reign, seeing as we are far too impassioned to be objective with respect to the former president. If we look at it from the future, we would see the mark of his genius in his supposed ineptitude- just as wasting billions on Iraq will prove to be another mark of genius, or all the other things within his reign.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Galloism wrote:The whole "started two unnecessary wars and has cost us untold trillions in wartime expenses along with thousands and thousands of deaths, and also allowed his people to torture prisoners" thing weighs heavily against him, though.

And Bin Laden would still be alive, meaning America's Carthage was not destroyed.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Indira
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Indira » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Calm down--- as the OP and several other people have mentioned, it is far too early to make any decision on Bush's reign, seeing as we are far too impassioned to be objective with respect to the former president. If we look at it from the future, we would see the mark of his genius in his supposed ineptitude- just as wasting billions on Iraq will prove to be another mark of genius, or all the other things within his reign.[/quote]

Now that's funny;D Of course, we could say the same about Obama I suppose, but it would probably be more true

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Galloism wrote:The whole "started two unnecessary wars and has cost us untold trillions in wartime expenses along with thousands and thousands of deaths, and also allowed his people to torture prisoners" thing weighs heavily against him, though.

And Bin Laden would still be alive, meaning America's Carthage was not destroyed.

no there was no real need to have 2 wars in order to kill bin laden. at most we needed the few months it took to corner him at torabora. but bush/cheney wanted an Iraq war so they had to let him go.
whatever

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:And Bin Laden would still be alive, meaning America's Carthage was not destroyed.

no there was no real need to have 2 wars in order to kill bin laden. at most we needed the few months it took to corner him at torabora. but bush/cheney wanted an Iraq war so they had to let him go.

We wouldn't have had the information from the torturing of prisoners to get Bin Laden after he escaped in Torabora.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Ashmoria wrote:no there was no real need to have 2 wars in order to kill bin laden. at most we needed the few months it took to corner him at torabora. but bush/cheney wanted an Iraq war so they had to let him go.

We wouldn't have had the information from the torturing of prisoners to get Bin Laden after he escaped in Torabora.

We never got information from tortured prisoners. We got information from prisoners that were tortured at some point, but the information was acquired when the subjects of interrogation were not under duress.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:We wouldn't have had the information from the torturing of prisoners to get Bin Laden after he escaped in Torabora.

We never got information from tortured prisoners. We got information from prisoners that were tortured at some point, but the information was acquired when the subjects of interrogation were not under duress.

So the prisoners were tortured at one point. I suspect if there wasn't any torture in the past, then they might have not responded so well to the lack of it in later interrogations. None the less, torture is wrong and it is possible without the negatives of Bush there would be less positives in Obama's Administration as Bin Laden may still be around.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Wamitoria wrote:We never got information from tortured prisoners. We got information from prisoners that were tortured at some point, but the information was acquired when the subjects of interrogation were not under duress.

So the prisoners were tortured at one point. I suspect if there wasn't any torture in the past, then they might have not responded so well to the lack of it in later interrogations.

Not really. If anything, they were more resilient due to surviving much heavier abuse.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:So the prisoners were tortured at one point. I suspect if there wasn't any torture in the past, then they might have not responded so well to the lack of it in later interrogations.

Not really. If anything, they were more resilient due to surviving much heavier abuse.

I believe the real interrogation data is classified and wouldn't trust anything from the government saying otherwise. I doubt they would flip so easily without possibility of being released for that information.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Disserbia wrote:Is that what he said? No. He's saying that people on this site judge him unfairly. I think he's right.

No, he's not right at all. He's arguing that people are too critical of him because he did five inane things that any president could have done, so we should stop being so mean about that whole four hundred billion dollars down the toilet thing.

Gravlen
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Disserbia wrote:

He's indeed being judged unfairly. He should be judged much more harshly than what many are doing. There's no reason to be so lenient and try to make excuses for him.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Gravlen wrote:

He's indeed being judged unfairly. He should be judged much more harshly than what many are doing. There's no reason to be so lenient and try to make excuses for him.

It's amazing that some are already trying revise history to be favorable to Bush. Wasn't this supposed to only happen in about 20 years or so?
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Gravlen
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Desperate Measures wrote:
Gravlen wrote:He's indeed being judged unfairly. He should be judged much more harshly than what many are doing. There's no reason to be so lenient and try to make excuses for him.

It's amazing that some are already trying revise history to be favorable to Bush. Wasn't this supposed to only happen in about 20 years or so?

I thought they started doing that while he was still in office...
Last edited by Gravlen on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General