NATION

PASSWORD

Glenn beck is right! PETA and Glenn beck on al gore/climate

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 am

Helgrin wrote:I would have wanted to join this thread, but it's too late now. :(
Fuck reading 25 pages.

It is okay join it anyway :) what do you think about it? Don't bother reading the other 25 pages. I'll tell you if you missed something really important to your argument.
Did you see a ghost?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:18 am

Helgrin wrote:I would have wanted to join this thread, but it's too late now. :(
Fuck reading 25 pages.

Here I'll sum it up for you:
Glen Beck sucks.
PETA sucks.
Glen Beck is great.
PETA is great.
Vegetarians/vegans suck.
Vegetarians/vegans are great.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:19 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Fuck reading 25 pages.

Glen Beck sucks.
PETA sucks.
Glen Beck is great.
PETA is great.
Vegetarians/vegans suck.

There was some other stuff in there. I don't think anyone really said anything good about glen beck or peta. But close ;)

And it is not that bad Dyakovo. Why don't you mention your unique interesting take on it that we have yet to hear?
Last edited by Natapoc on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:21 am

Natapoc wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:
Fuck reading 25 pages.

Glen Beck sucks.
PETA sucks.
Glen Beck is great.
PETA is great.
Vegetarians/vegans suck.

There was some other stuff in there. I don't think anyone really said anything good about glen beck or peta. But close ;)

Meh, I haven't really been following the thread that closely (skimmed a number of pages)...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 am

Getbrett wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Getbrett wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Getbrett wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Getbrett wrote:I acknowledge the sound science of climate change that leads to the conclusion that it's partially caused by man made actions. However, I don't give two shits about the enviroment or your vegan sensibilities. I have no obligation to become vegan simply by accepting scientific fact.

ok. You really don't care about the environment? You know you depend on it to live right?

It will be quite possible to live within a radically altered warmer Earth. I don't care for extinctions, animals or the enviroment. It means nothing to me.

Really? Do you have any science to support that claim or are you just guessing?

Do you really believe that the Earth has been this temperature forever?

Nope. Can I take that question to mean that you have no data to support your hypothesis?

Humans have survived changes in climate far more severe than we are witnessing now. The real effect of climate change will be upon other animals and the enviroment itself. Neither is important. I don't give a shit if animals go extinct. I don't give a shit if sea levels rise. Humans will survive, as we have done before.

Okay. Well luckily most people do care about that. There is some debate about how warm the average temp can get before the gasses trapped under the ice escape into the atmosphere making it nearly impossible for human survival but all good I'm sure you have a good space suit :) By the time that happens you will be dead from old age anyway right so who cares?
Did you see a ghost?

Helgrin
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 am

Natapoc wrote:
Fuck reading 25 pages.

It is okay join it anyway :) what do you think about it? Don't bother reading the other 25 pages. I'll tell you if you missed something really important to your argument.

Well, personally I can't stand anything to do with the environment. I see the word "green" and cringe. I'm so sick of people going on about climate change that I just don't care anymore.
Mahna Mahna!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Tasbikistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasbikistan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:28 am

PETA is crazy. I have nothing against vegetarians, but when PETA tries to shove their ideaology down my throat that just tics me off. If they want to help prevent suffering they should plow their own fields, combine plows kill almost as many animals as sluaghterhouses.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:31 am

Tasbikistan wrote:PETA is crazy. I have nothing against vegetarians, but when PETA tries to shove their ideaology down my throat that just tics me off. If they want to help prevent suffering they should plow their own fields, combine plows kill almost as many animals as sluaghterhouses.

Not that I support PETA but...

Really? Do you have a source for that?

Also do you know that even if what you say is true: most of the grain grown goes to feed farm animals. So by not eating farm animals less animals would die from fields being plowed.
Did you see a ghost?

Helgrin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 am

Tasbikistan wrote:PETA is crazy. I have nothing against vegetarians, but when PETA tries to shove their ideaology down my throat that just tics me off. If they want to help prevent suffering they should plow their own fields, combine plows kill almost as many animals as sluaghterhouses.

I see you follow Maddox.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill
Mahna Mahna!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 am

Helgrin wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Fuck reading 25 pages.

Well, personally I can't stand anything to do with the environment. I see the word "green" and cringe. I'm so sick of people going on about climate change that I just don't care anymore.

You don't care about climate change or the environment at all? I'm sorry to hear that. Would you like to go into more detail on that?

btw can you please remove the rickroll from your sig and nation profile? If I still see it there in a few minutes I'll ask the mods to remove it.
Did you see a ghost?

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 am

Helgrin wrote:

I see you follow Maddox.

Yes and that page was already linked. To find my response to that troll go ahead and read a few pages back. I'm not going to bother replying to something none of you are even willing to defend in your own words... again...
Last edited by Natapoc on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Helgrin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:39 am

Natapoc wrote:
Helgrin wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Fuck reading 25 pages.

You don't care about climate change or the environment at all? I'm sorry to hear that. Would you like to go into more detail on that?

btw can you please remove the rickroll from your sig and nation profile? If I still see it there in a few minutes I'll ask the mods to remove it.

Well, I don't run a giant coal power station company so I don't see how the 0.00000000000000000002% that I add to the world's greenhouse gasses is a problem.

What if I add "Natapoc says seriously, don't do it!"?
Mahna Mahna!

Tasbikistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasbikistan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Yeah, I didn't want to read all 25 pages. Sorry though. (not a snide, fake sorry, I'm actually sorry for repeating a conversation) I also don't like Glenn Beck. If you rearrange the letters in his name, take them all out, and add in "s-t-u-p-i-d" you get stupid, thus his name is an anagram for stupid.

Helgrin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Helgrin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Natapoc wrote:
Helgrin wrote:

I see you follow Maddox.

Yes and that page was already linked. To find my response to that troll go ahead and read a few pages back. I'm not going to bother replying to something none of you are even willing to defend in your own words... again...

Sorry, I only just joined the thread, remember. And I was just sourcing, I didn't mean it as a troll.
Mahna Mahna!

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 am

Tasbikistan wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to read all 25 pages. Sorry though. (not a snide, fake sorry, I'm actually sorry for repeating a conversation) I also don't like Glenn Beck. If you rearrange the letters in his name, take them all out, and add in "s-t-u-p-i-d" you get stupid, thus his name is an anagram for stupid.

No problem. But where is your source? (besides maddox, a well known troll) I actually know what his source is also. If is maddox the source for your comment then you can know it is totally false. His source was a specific alfalfa field in Oregon this one time... What type of animal eats alfalfa? Is it humans?
Last edited by Natapoc on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:47 am

Helgrin wrote:
Natapoc wrote:
Helgrin wrote:

I see you follow Maddox.

Sorry, I only just joined the thread, remember. And I was just sourcing, I didn't mean it as a troll.

I did not mean that you were a troll. I mean that maddox is. His whole site exists simply to "troll." It is not a legit source for anyone except people who want to get a reaction out of others.
Did you see a ghost?

Alsatian Knights
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Alsatian Knights » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:31 am

Natapoc wrote:Typically I don't agree with glenn beck on anything much at all. If he was in charge I'd probably be executed for being a libertarian-communist promoter of earth, animal, and human liberation.

But a couple days ago glenn said something that was very true. Everyone who believes in human caused climate change has an obligation to become vegan today!

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, composed of many of the top climatologists in the world, the meat industry causes more of the human caused climate change then anything else including ALL the worlds transportation put together (cars, trains, airplanes, private jets, ect.)

Glenn beck blasts al gore for not being a vegetarian:
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiTUu92JhgE

Peta joins in:
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEs-PtMRooY

Don't be a hypocrite like al gore. Do as glenn beck and peta says and be vegan today :) It is the most easy thing you can (not) do to reduce human caused climate change.

FARM (not associated with peta or glenn beck or me) gives free vegetarian starter kits. You can order one here: http://www.vegkit.org/

What are your thoughts on this? I never thought I'd side with glenn beck on anything. Does it mean I'm turning into a conservative? Should I go read more ayn rand?

What does it mean that PETA and Glenn beck agree on something?

PETA- a group that wants the word fish to be changed to Sea Kitten so people will stop eating fish.
http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp

Glenn Beck- A shameless self promoter who will say anything for money.

righto....
Qwendra has been resurrected and is looking for players who want to start anew and shape a government!

Free-Beings
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Beings » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:03 am

Tasbikistan wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to read all 25 pages. Sorry though. (not a snide, fake sorry, I'm actually sorry for repeating a conversation) I also don't like Glenn Beck. If you rearrange the letters in his name, take them all out, and add in "s-t-u-p-i-d" you get stupid, thus his name is an anagram for stupid.

Siged.
(Correlation =/= Causation)=/= no Causation.

Ordo Mallus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Mallus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:12 am

Alsatian Knights wrote:PETA- a group that wants the word fish to be changed to Sea Kitten so people will stop eating fish.

righto....

This is epic win, you deserve a cookie from Chuck Norris.
A small mind is easily filled with faith.

“It is only the dead who have seen the end of war” Plato

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:44 am

Alsatian Knights wrote:PETA- a group that wants the word fish to be changed to Sea Kitten so people will stop eating fish.

righto....

Yep you are right on both of them but really they don't matter. Their source does. And their source is the intergovernmental panel on climate change: a group of the worlds most well educated and recognized climatologists and other environmental scientists numbering in the thousands.

When such a group reaches a consensus in a matter like this it is difficult to ignore. It does not matter if PETA said it, Glenn beck said it, or if Hitler, Stalin, or Jesus, rose from the grave to speak it. The actual science is what matters and in this one single case the science is on the side of Glenn beck and PETA Chuck Noris jokes not withstanding.
Last edited by Natapoc on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Free Soviets
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Tasbikistan wrote:If they want to help prevent suffering they should plow their own fields, combine plows kill almost as many animals as sluaghterhouses.

assuming this is true (are we talking straight numbers of animals, regardless of species?), then it follows that eating meat is even worse, since all those cows are largely being fed stuff that was grown and then harvested in exactly the same destructive manner. all else being equal, reducing the amount of suffering is presumably a good thing, no?

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Free Soviets wrote:
Tasbikistan wrote:If they want to help prevent suffering they should plow their own fields, combine plows kill almost as many animals as sluaghterhouses.

assuming this is true (are we talking straight numbers of animals, regardless of species?), then it follows that eating meat is even worse, since all those cows are largely being fed stuff that was grown and then harvested in exactly the same destructive manner. all else being equal, reducing the amount of suffering is presumably a good thing, no?

But if we're to follow the argument that Al Gore is a hypocrite for not being a vegan because it's something more he COULD be doing to reduce his environmental impact, then so are vegetarians and vegans who do not grow their own food hypocrites, because it's something more they COULD be doing.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

I think the fact PETA and Beck agree on something means we should all raise cows in our backyard and eat them after barbecuing them outside on charcoal grills.
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Doing what we must because we can

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 pm

The_pantless_hero wrote:I think the fact PETA and Beck agree on something means we should all raise cows in our backyard and eat them after barbecuing them outside on charcoal grills.

Why? :shock:

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:52 pm

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:
The_pantless_hero wrote:I think the fact PETA and Beck agree on something means we should all raise cows in our backyard and eat them after barbecuing them outside on charcoal grills.

Why? :shock:

Because PETA and Beck are both media hogging lunatics.
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Doing what we must because we can

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General