NATION

PASSWORD

Fill Out the Rape-Report, Then We'll Call the Authorities

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Awesome Break-Away of 250land
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm

knowing my old school I'd have to say the school is right on this one, most likely it was fake (not this particular case but in general for rape reporting in an intermediate school) especially since the accused rapist wasn't some creepy old man but a fellow student that might of pissed her off.
A New Zealander

Official nation name: 250land and Vera. A proud member of the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

Wiki

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:And when did you go to school? And where?

Maryland, and I graduated in 2006. I will not tell you were in specifics as I have no desire to reveal more information about myself to a stranger.

That's really what I was aiming for. :P Haha, sorry, sleepy. Shoulda phrased that better.

Anyways, I went to school in Arizona, graduated last year, and everytime something was reported (we never had rape reported, though), we had to fill out paperwork before the police were called.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
The school would end up being sued anyway, in this case the school can make the claim that by contacting the authorities, and immediately having the claimant perform a rape kit they were giving responsibility over to the correct people, as they are not equipped to deal with an issue of that magnitude.

Having the students file a report on it makes it all more legitimate for school, as well.

So have them fill out the police report, that should be sufficient for the school. If they must have te school report, have the the police called and while the student's are waiting for the police to arrive, have them fill out the reports. The important part is the police are called immediately.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Rationallia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rationallia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Rationallia wrote:
I'm talking from first-hand experience of my everyday life and that of my friends who also go to different schools, so sorry not sauce for you. Eat it bland.And I don't think you understand the problems that would occur if every single case that was not serious was reported. The police would be contacted literally every day.

You have no proof of this and anecdotes do not equal data. So you are saying that students in your school go to the administrations or a teacher daily and claim they are raped? Sorry if I don't believe you. If that is true, than the students in that school need a serious lesson in the importance of how wrong that is.

No I am not saying that. You have misconstrued my argument. Chances are your going to continue to do this all night so I'm going to stop discussing this with you now.

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Awesome Break-Away of 250land wrote:...most likely it was fake (not this particular case but in general for rape reporting in an intermediate school) especially since the accused rapist wasn't some creepy old man but a fellow student...

Remember, folks - there's absolutely no need whatsoever to teach anybody about rape.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
Maryland, and I graduated in 2006. I will not tell you were in specifics as I have no desire to reveal more information about myself to a stranger.

That's really what I was aiming for. :P Haha, sorry, sleepy. Shoulda phrased that better.

Anyways, I went to school in Arizona, graduated last year, and everytime something was reported (we never had rape reported, though), we had to fill out paperwork before the police were called.

Are you talking about things like theft? I have reported issues to the school, specifically I have reported someone who told me they were planning on committing suicide. The police were immediately called in, as well as a few other people. Things like suicide, rape, murder, arson, and any other serious crime were taken very seriously in my school. Similarly, intentional false reporting was also taken very seriously.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:That's really what I was aiming for. :P Haha, sorry, sleepy. Shoulda phrased that better.

Are you talking about things like theft? I have reported issues to the school, specifically I have reported someone who told me they were planning on committing suicide. The police were immediately called in, as well as a few other people. Things like suicide, rape, murder, arson, and any other serious crime were taken very seriously in my school. Similarly, intentional false reporting was also taken very seriously.

We never had much a theft problem, it was more fights/violence. You went to the office, filled out a report, police were called.

Final text here.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Rationallia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
You have no proof of this and anecdotes do not equal data. So you are saying that students in your school go to the administrations or a teacher daily and claim they are raped? Sorry if I don't believe you. If that is true, than the students in that school need a serious lesson in the importance of how wrong that is.

No I am not saying that. You have misconstrued my argument. Chances are your going to continue to do this all night so I'm going to stop discussing this with you now.

Then tell me how I misconstrued your argument. You claimed that if students took the accusation of rape seriously, that the police would be called in daily. When I say accusation of rape I don't mean little shits joking about being raped, I mean students who go to a school official, whether a teacher or someone in the administration or the nurse, and claim they were raped.
Just A Little though

Kinzar
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinzar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

They, of course, dropped the ball with this incident. But the simple fact that a middle school doesn't have a nurse to begin with just doesn't seem right.
President: Kevin Spencer
Our citizens are called, Kinzites.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

We never had much a theft problem, it was more fights/violence. You went to the office, filled out a report, police were called.

For an issue of a fight, police were called in right away as well (though these were uncommon in my school).
Just A Little though

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Nadkor wrote:
Awesome Break-Away of 250land wrote:...most likely it was fake (not this particular case but in general for rape reporting in an intermediate school) especially since the accused rapist wasn't some creepy old man but a fellow student...

Remember, folks - there's absolutely no need whatsoever to teach anybody about rape.

Are you accusing me or agreeing? (I feel like a massive foreigner right now *nervous, accented laughter*)
A New Zealander

Official nation name: 250land and Vera. A proud member of the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

Wiki

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:We never had much a theft problem, it was more fights/violence. You went to the office, filled out a report, police were called.

For an issue of a fight, police were called in right away as well (though these were uncommon in my school).

Most of them didn't happen where teachers or cameras were seen. And only a damn fool reported them.

Final text here.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

Most of them didn't happen where teachers or cameras were seen. And only a damn fool reported them.

Then how would a report be filed in the first place? I was pretty lucky in my school in that fights were very uncommon, and were reported quickly if they happened.
Just A Little though

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Awesome Break-Away of 250land wrote:
Nadkor wrote:

Are you accusing me or agreeing? (I feel like a massive foreigner right now *nervous, accented laughter*)

No...it's a reference to a thread we had a few weeks back in which a great many people disagreed really quite vehemently with a claim that, perhaps, we could do with educating people a bit about rape.

Your assertion that the accused not being "some creepy old man" lessens the possibility that a rape report was honest serves as a demonstration of precisely why such education is needed.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Nadkor wrote:

I hope you were being sarcastic in your original post. You are aware that most rape victims know their rapist, that stranger rape is a less common form of rape, right?
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Most of them didn't happen where teachers or cameras were seen. And only a damn fool reported them.

Then how would a report be filed in the first place? I was pretty lucky in my school in that fights were very uncommon, and were reported quickly if they happened.

You'd go and talk to a teacher about it, then file a report on it. However, that wasn't always the best idea, depending on who was reporting.

Final text here.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

You'd go and talk to a teacher about it, then file a report on it. However, that wasn't always the best idea, depending on who was reporting.

If it was that dangerous your school had issues they really needed to work out.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:You'd go and talk to a teacher about it, then file a report on it. However, that wasn't always the best idea, depending on who was reporting.

If it was that dangerous your school had issues they really needed to work out.

We had issues between ethnic groups back then. It got better and resolved later on.

Final text here.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

I hope you were being sarcastic in your original post. You are aware that most rape victims know their rapist, that stranger rape is a less common form of rape, right?

But the school doesn't think that, they think your being a little shit.
A New Zealander

Wiki

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Nadkor wrote:

No...it's a reference to a thread we had a few weeks back in which a great many people disagreed really quite vehemently with a claim that, perhaps, we could do with educating people a bit about rape.

Your assertion that the accused not being "some creepy old man" lessens the possibility that a rape report was honest serves as a demonstration of precisely why such education is needed.

*phew*

Thank you, I was just about to say that education is definitely the way to go before reading the rest of your post :)
A New Zealander

Wiki

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Only if you don't make a claim directly to a teacher. Once an accusation has been made, they need to take it seriously.
Just A Little though

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Nadkor wrote:

Besides if she ends up pregnant then we know she wasn't really raped. [/toddakin]
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Only if you don't make a claim directly to a teacher. Once an accusation has been made, they need to take it seriously.

And if filling out forms is the schools' way of doing it then fair. While saying that, If the victim has been obviously raped by someone then the police/ambulance needs to be called.
A New Zealander

Wiki

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Nadkor wrote:

Besides if she ends up pregnant then we know she wasn't really raped. [/toddakin]

real slick
A New Zealander

Wiki

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am

Neutraligon wrote: Only if you don't make a claim directly to a teacher. Once an accusation has been made, they need to take it seriously.

And if filling out forms is the schools' way of doing it then fair. While saying that, If the victim has been obviously raped by someone then the police/ambulance needs to be called.

No, the police need to be called so they can find evidence and determine if the suspect should be put n trial. The school should not be the people to decide whether they think something has happened. If the school want to students to fill out a form in addition to whatever the police want, then fine, but the purpose of the police is to investigate these types of claims. let them do their job.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General