NATION

PASSWORD

Fill Out the Rape-Report, Then We'll Call the Authorities

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Sirius Cybernetics Corporation wrote:
Then nothing. Better safe than sorry.

Bullshit nothing would have happened. For one, the guy would have been scarred, for another, his reputation would suffer immensely. That's why, as a school, you don't just jump to conclusions. You work shit out.

Neutraligon wrote:
Then the police determine it was a false cry and the girl is put on charges for false testimony.
And what do they do to get to that conclusion?

By having the police perform an investigation, which they can perform better when called immediately, and by having the female student give a rape kit. You know, have the police investigate the supposed crime. If there is sufficient evidence that she was raped, than bring him up on charges, if there was not sufficient evidence, then don't. if there was evidence she intentionally "cried rape" then bring her up on charges. The entire idea is that the police need to be contacted immediately so they can do their job.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:43 pm

And this is a bad thing... why?
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:43 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:The rate of false reporting is, AT MOST, 1.4% of the actual rate of rape. So fuck anyone who stops pushing further against sexual violence because of "FALSE ACCUSATIONS HURTING THE MENS!" Fuck them right in the ear.

I completely agree, although I daresay fucking them in the ear could be considered an act of rape in and of itself.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Sirius Cybernetics Corporation wrote:
What do you call doing a rape kit?

Conducting a proper investigation. Or, in other words, working shit out.

That much I agree on. Jumping to conclusions, like, say, calling in the police on it, is what I am advising against. The second you involve the police, whether or not anything happened, the kid is a criminal.

It's the police's job to investigate crimes, let them do their job.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:That much I agree on. Jumping to conclusions, like, say, calling in the police on it, is what I am advising against. The second you involve the police, whether or not anything happened, the kid is a criminal.

Because the police never fuck up. :roll:

Doing the rape report is a way to determine if it is actually something real. Then, if the school thinks it may have happened, they call the police.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

Because the police never fuck up. :roll:

Doing the rape report is a way to determine if it is actually something real. Then, if the school thinks it may have happened, they call the police.

No they call the police so any evidence is not contaminated. It is not up to the school to determine if they think something happened, that is the job of the police. Police do mess up, but then the police need to deal with their mistakes. I'm sorry, but the excuse that because the police might mess up we should not report a possible crime is really really stupid,
Just A Little though

The empire of Washington
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The empire of Washington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:The rate of false reporting is, AT MOST, 1.4% of the actual rate of rape. So fuck anyone who stops pushing further against sexual violence because of "FALSE ACCUSATIONS HURTING THE MENS!" Fuck them right in the ear.

Sauce?
Last edited by The empire of Washington on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no news is the truth and no truth in the news ( old joke about Russian newspapers)
I am a Proud Libertarian Republican.
Also Brian Schweitzer 2016!
Rp Info Population 250 million, Military 25 million, Land area 5 million square miles.
I will not for my own benefit use my challenger's youth and inexperience against him-Ronald Reagan.
Where I stand http://www.people-press.org/political-p ... iz/?result

Rationallia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rationallia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm

I agree with what the school did. I wasn't like they didn't call the police at all, they were just checking whether the victim was being serious. A lot of kids at school make jokes about rape, including accusation, if the teachers were to take this seriously every single time, well then almost the entire school would be reported.

They also did call the police in the end. It's not like anything happened that could have been prevented by contacting them earlier.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Because the police never fuck up. :roll:

No they call the police so any evidence is not contaminated. It is not up to the school to determine if they think something happened, that is the job of the police. Police do mess up, but then the police need to deal with their mistakes. I'm sorry, but the excuse that because the police might mess up we should not report a possible crime is really really stupid,

As a school you can't do that. You have to have very good reason to suspect something before you do that. One girl coming in saying it happened good enough.

Final text here.

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm

The empire of Washington wrote:

Sauce?

No use, you will get feminist bias sauce.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

The empire of Washington
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The empire of Washington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Rationallia wrote:I agree with what the school did. I wasn't like they didn't call the police at all, they were just checking whether the victim was being serious. A lot of kids at school make jokes about rape, including accusation, if the teachers were to take this seriously every single time, well then almost the entire school would be reported.

They also did call the police in the end. It's not like anything happened that could have been prevented by contacting them earlier.

This :)
There is no news is the truth and no truth in the news ( old joke about Russian newspapers)
Rp Info Population 250 million, Military 25 million, Land area 5 million square miles.
I will not for my own benefit use my challenger's youth and inexperience against him-Ronald Reagan.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Rationallia wrote:I agree with what the school did. I wasn't like they didn't call the police at all, they were just checking whether the victim was being serious. A lot of kids at school make jokes about rape, including accusation, if the teachers were to take this seriously every single time, well then almost the entire school would be reported.

Really, I wasn't aware this was a common problem at schools, got any sauce to add to that pasta? It is not the job of the school to check if the victim is serious. It is their job to report a possible crime to those who are best equipped to deal with it, the police.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Really, I wasn't aware this was a common problem at schools, got any sauce to add to that pasta? It is not the job of the school to check if the victim is serious. It is their job to report a possible crime to those who are best equipped to deal with it, the police.

No, because if they did that, and it was false, Little Boy runs home to mommy and daddy, and then they sue the school.

Final text here.

The empire of Washington
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The empire of Washington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
The empire of Washington wrote:Sauce?

No use, you will get feminist bias sauce.

Probably I just wanted to see if (s)he would respond or if (s)he would let others do the fighting for them as so many on NS like to do.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

As a school you can't do that. You have to have very good reason to suspect something before you do that. One girl coming in saying it happened good enough.

Really, the policy at my school was very simple, if a crime of this nature is reported, he police are immediately called, no questions asked. One girl saying it happened needed to be enough, and most certainly was enough. To put it simply, every claim of rape was taken seriously, because every claim of rape is a serious issue.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

The empire of Washington wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No use, you will get feminist bias sauce.

Probably I just wanted to see if (s)he would respond or if (s)he would let others do the fighting for them as so many on NS like to do.

He probably got off for the night. You know, sleep is kinda important.

Final text here.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

No, because if they did that, and it was false, Little Boy runs home to mommy and daddy, and then they sue the school.

The school would end up being sued anyway, in this case the school can make the claim that by contacting the authorities, and immediately having the claimant perform a rape kit they were giving responsibility over to the correct people, as they are not equipped to deal with an issue of that magnitude.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:As a school you can't do that. You have to have very good reason to suspect something before you do that. One girl coming in saying it happened good enough.

Really, the policy at my school was very simple, if a crime of this nature is reported, he police are immediately called, no questions asked. One girl saying it happened needed to be enough, and most certainly was enough. To put it simply, every claim of rape was taken seriously, because every claim of rape is a serious issue.

And when did you go to school? And where?

Final text here.

The empire of Washington
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The empire of Washington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:As a school you can't do that. You have to have very good reason to suspect something before you do that. One girl coming in saying it happened good enough.

And what if the guy was innocent?

Rationallia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rationallia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

I'm talking from first-hand experience of my everyday life and that of my friends who also go to different schools, so sorry not sauce for you. Eat it bland.And I don't think you understand the problems that would occur if every single case that was not serious was reported. The police would be contacted literally every day.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

Maryland, and I graduated in 2006. I will not tell you were in specifics as I have no desire to reveal more information about myself to a stranger.
Just A Little though

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:No, because if they did that, and it was false, Little Boy runs home to mommy and daddy, and then they sue the school.

The school would end up being sued anyway, in this case the school can make the claim that by contacting the authorities, and immediately having the claimant perform a rape kit they were giving responsibility over to the correct people, as they are not equipped to deal with an issue of that magnitude.

Having the students file a report on it makes it all more legitimate for school, as well.

Final text here.

Rationallia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rationallia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

I'm not going to tell you the exact school but one in the suburbs of Sydney.

The empire of Washington
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The empire of Washington » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The empire of Washington wrote:Probably I just wanted to see if (s)he would respond or if (s)he would let others do the fighting for them as so many on NS like to do.

He probably got off for the night. You know, sleep is kinda important.

Bah what has sleep ever done for anybody? :p

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Rationallia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

I'm talking from first-hand experience of my everyday life and that of my friends who also go to different schools, so sorry not sauce for you. Eat it bland.And I don't think you understand the problems that would occur if every single case that was not serious was reported. The police would be contacted literally every day.

You have no proof of this and anecdotes do not equal data. So you are saying that students in your school go to the administrations or a teacher daily and claim they are raped? Sorry if I don't believe you. If that is true, than the students in that school need a serious lesson in the importance of how wrong that is.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General