NATION

PASSWORD

How to respond to racism?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:28 am

Scholencia wrote:
Greater Pokarnia wrote:No, Mesopatamia is the "cradle of CIVILIZATION", not humanity.

No, that would be Europe because european civilisation was the only proper civilisation in history of humanity. All before that was primitive.

Without Mesopotamia there would be no wheel, no cars, no bikes, no trains, and you disappoint your European forefathers, Europe's a proper noun, capitalise its adjective form too.
I suppose you are talking about the cradle of civilisation, but I'm going to mention Indus and China anyway because they were certainly prior to Renaissance Europe not primitive, Indus had little probably no evidence of war and had plumbing, later Indians and the Chinese discovered Pascal's triangle 2 centuries prior to Blaise Pascal's birth and one of the most revered civilisation of all time; Egypt was not European (before Alexander the Great and the later Romans at least).
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Distruzio wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Proper authorities

Is racism illegal now?

Bullying, I imagine, is against the rules for most schools and school districts.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Scholencia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scholencia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:Without Mesopotamia there would be no wheel,no cars, no bikes, no trains,

Really doubtful. It is also not sure if the Mesapotamians invented the wheel, it is just that the earliest wheel is found in that region. So no. The rest what you mentioned was invented long after they were extinct and were invented by Europeans. Unfortunately, if wasnt the good old Bismarck and the 2nd Reich the cars would be invented probably in 500 years or so.

Chinese Regions wrote: and you disappoint your European forefathers, Europe's a proper noun, capitalise its adjective form too.

I really dont care since english is not my first language. Let us rather speak in german or some other language.

Chinese Regions wrote:I suppose you are talking about the cradle of civilisation, but I'm going to mention Indus and China anyway because they were certainly prior to Renaissance Europe not primitive, Indus had little probably no evidence of war and had plumbing

Yes, and they even land on the Moon before the Americans did. It is because just as you said: they were far more advanced before anybody else.

Chinese Regions wrote: later Indians and the Chinese discovered Pascal's triangle 2 centuries prior to Blaise Pascal's birth and one of the most revered civilisation of all time; Egypt was not European (before Alexander the Great and the later Romans at least).

Good. Unfortunately for them, the Europeans had to rediscovered and teach them their own science. Oh, really this Indos and Chinese are really brilliant.Damn, I am so fasciiiiiiiiiiiiinated.

Look, India and China were third world countries who were ruled by crazy religious autocrats. They had a primitive society where the people throw spears on each others. Colonisation was the best things what happened to them because it brought them from their Dark Ages. The same goes for Africa and America.

You should tried harder to present thoose tribesman as something relevant.

Scholencia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scholencia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
Scholencia wrote:It is just the facts. I cannot go against logic.

The only !proper! civilizations developed during the (non-12th century) European renaissance.

>But what about ancient Rome?

>Oh, no, they count-- definitely count as a proper civilization. Yup.

LOGIC

It is just that the renaissance inherit the knowledge from the Middle Ages.

The Middle ages inherit the knowledge from the Romans (feudalism for example started in late roman period)

The USOT
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The USOT » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Only person I know who calls me a N****r is black. And I am so white I get sun burnt in the scottish winter :p
Eco-Friendly Green Cyborg Santa Claus

Contrary to the propaganda, we live in probably the least materialistic culture in history. If we cared about the things of the world, we would treat them quite differently. We would be concerned with their materiality. We would be interested in their beginnings and their ends, before and after they left our grasp.

Peter Timmerman, “Defending Materialism"

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm

No one can tell you how to respond to racism - it's completely up to you.

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Probably by not caring? By not giving a shit about why other people (ir)rationally dislike you? I've been called a Kike and Yid before and I don't care. Unless you're being physically assaulted, suck it up.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Augarundus wrote:Probably by not caring? By not giving a shit about why other people (ir)rationally dislike you? I've been called a Kike and Yid before and I don't care. Unless you're being physically assaulted, suck it up.

Never suck it up. Get even.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:14 pm

The USOT wrote:Only person I know who calls me a N****r is black. And I am so white I get sun burnt in the scottish winter :p

N***a is what I have heard used as "friend". With "er" I thought it was bad.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

PostFreelasio
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PostFreelasio » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Anarcho-Leftist States of Horseflip wrote:Muh liberal tears. You got called a bad word. Make a list if you need to make a case for bullying and move on with your life. Jesus.

Actually I did. And in fact he got crushed in a heated argument. So after he started the conflict he was speechless and had nothing to say. He was an idiot
Our National Anthem
Re-Risen: A Freelasian Society United
Technocratic Capitalist Cultist Dictatorship.
GDP per capita (Main Planet): PLU 236,000 (or 416,000 USD)
Total Population of all three solar systems: 1,927,186,266 (Stagnant, Slowly Declining)
Birth rate: 3.12/1,000
Death rate: 3.34/1,000
Net Migration rate: -0.01

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm

I still think sleeping with their relatives is the best way to go.

Consensually, of course.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 am

Scholencia wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:Without Mesopotamia there would be no wheel,no cars, no bikes, no trains,

Really doubtful. It is also not sure if the Mesapotamians invented the wheel, it is just that the earliest wheel is found in that region. So no. The rest what you mentioned was invented long after they were extinct and were invented by Europeans. Unfortunately, if wasnt the good old Bismarck and the 2nd Reich the cars would be invented probably in 500 years or so.
No wheels> No chariots or horse drawn carriages>no cars

Chinese Regions wrote: and you disappoint your European forefathers, Europe's a proper noun, capitalise its adjective form too.

I really dont care since english is not my first language. Let us rather speak in german or some other language.
I'm pretty sure Deutsch/German is also a proper noun, and therefore capitalised in both languages.

Chinese Regions wrote:I suppose you are talking about the cradle of civilisation, but I'm going to mention Indus and China anyway because they were certainly prior to Renaissance Europe not primitive, Indus had little probably no evidence of war and had plumbing

Yes, and they even land on the Moon before the Americans did. It is because just as you said: they were far more advanced before anybody else.
Oh I'm sorry, did the USA land on the moon during the time the Mesopotamians existed or at least renaissance Europe as you so claim? They landed last century, Europe is not the cradle of civilisation, most archaeologists agree it was Turkey/the Middle East were the first cities were built, the wheel was invented in Ancient Sumer, without that important invention, there would be no planes, trains or automobiles.

Chinese Regions wrote: later Indians and the Chinese discovered Pascal's triangle 2 centuries prior to Blaise Pascal's birth and one of the most revered civilisation of all time; Egypt was not European (before Alexander the Great and the later Romans at least).

Good. Unfortunately for them, the Europeans had to rediscovered and teach them their own science. Oh, really this Indos and Chinese are really brilliant.Damn, I am so fasciiiiiiiiiiiiinated.

Look, India and China were third world countries who were ruled by crazy religious autocrats. They had a primitive society where the people throw spears on each others. Colonisation was the best things what happened to them because it brought them from their Dark Ages. The same goes for Africa and America.

You should tried harder to present thoose tribesman as something relevant.
Still doesn't make them the cradle, many civilisations; the Mesopotamians, the Chinese, the Egyptians, the Indians, the Indus were more advanced than the Europeans they coexisted with, you are seriously comparing modern Europe to ancient non-European civilisations. How can the USA be the cradle of civilisation and not Mesopotamia if there was civilisation before the USA? You can't compare the two. Now before you say I've done the same, I have merely stated it took longer for Europeans to discover Pascal's triangle while the Indians and Chinese discovered it quicker, that is basically saying, the ancient Chinese and Indians were more advanced than the Europeans that existed with them, not comparing modern Europe to ancient China/India or vice versa, I'm making two comparisons in one, you are directly comparing a modern civilisation; the USA with an ancient one; Mesopotamia.
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Tamper with their family tree and show them "proof" that their great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was black.

Lankar Islands
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lankar Islands » Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Education. Education paves the way for a better future after all.
Long time no see, peeps.
Malaysia boleh!
I am a Malaysian and I am of course, Muslim... But I am extremely secular. My political hero is Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and Benazir Bhutto.

Compass
Economic: -0.72
Social: -0.35

Female Muslim reporting for duty!

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Thu May 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Racism is something learned through experience by parents or first-hand. The only real thign you can do is educate your children otherwise.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General