NATION

PASSWORD

Ann Coulter Makes Coulterish Remarks

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

New Rogernomics wrote:Complaining about Coulter just keeps her books alive, if people just ignored her; then she would fall off the side of the Earth.

People don't buy her books because other people dislike her, they buy them because they agree with her. That's the problem.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
New Rogernomics wrote:Complaining about Coulter just keeps her books alive, if people just ignored her; then she would fall off the side of the Earth.

People don't buy her books because other people dislike her, they buy them because they agree with her. That's the problem.

It's a natural psychological defense mechanism she's exploiting, though. People become defensive at the mere suggestion that a position theoretically compatible with theirs is wrong, and when they get defensive they back further and further away from sanity in an effort to "win." It's why we have creationists getting anything aside from mass ridicule. People become offended at the idea that parts of their religion might be wrong and wind up defending things they know are stupid.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Kanery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanery » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:39 pm

How the Hell is Clinton a rapist?? I guess she was just referring to the way Conservatives like her feel whenever he or Hillary walk into the same room as them.
Btw, Fluke's feeling 'entitled' to birth control is a moral discussion that we could have (but hopefully won't right now) for the rest of eternity, but I know nobody should be receiving the kind of verbal beating she has gotten from the "followers of Christ." It's just immoral, and if Jesus were alive, he would call Coulter a Pharisee.
And Christie is the coolest Republican out there, so I don't even get what she's trying to do saying stuff like that about him.
Last edited by Kanery on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In Support Of:
Atheism and Antitheism, Humanitarian Intervention, Two-State Solution in the Palestine-Israeli Region, LGBT Rights, Workers Control of Production, Left-Libertarianism.

In Opposition To:
Fascism, Capitalism, Theocracy.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:02 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:People don't buy her books because other people dislike her, they buy them because they agree with her. That's the problem.

It's a natural psychological defense mechanism she's exploiting, though. People become defensive at the mere suggestion that a position theoretically compatible with theirs is wrong, and when they get defensive they back further and further away from sanity in an effort to "win." It's why we have creationists getting anything aside from mass ridicule. People become offended at the idea that parts of their religion might be wrong and wind up defending things they know are stupid.

Excuse me? What part of my religion is "stupid"? If ANYTHING in my religion were "stupid" I'd change it. :evil: >:(
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Calenhardon
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Calenhardon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Vazdania wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:It's a natural psychological defense mechanism she's exploiting, though. People become defensive at the mere suggestion that a position theoretically compatible with theirs is wrong, and when they get defensive they back further and further away from sanity in an effort to "win." It's why we have creationists getting anything aside from mass ridicule. People become offended at the idea that parts of their religion might be wrong and wind up defending things they know are stupid.

Excuse me? What part of my religion is "stupid"? If ANYTHING in my religion were "stupid" I'd change it. :evil: >:(

Christianity is not necessarily stupid. Willful ignorance of the scientific and historic fact of evolution is.
Political Compass: econ -5.38/soc -2.67

Xsyne
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

If she's anything like other right-wing pundits people don't even buy her books because they agree with her. Various right-wing organizations buy her books because they want to push them to the top of the best-seller lists and make it look like they have more support than they do.
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.

Source?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Xsyne wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:People don't buy her books because other people dislike her, they buy them because they agree with her. That's the problem.

If she's anything like other right-wing pundits people don't even buy her books because they agree with her. Various right-wing organizations buy her books because they want to push them to the top of the best-seller lists and make it look like they have more support than they do.

Which makes right-wing media all the more hilarious.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General