NATION

PASSWORD

Pual Ryan tells the truth about health care

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Did he get hit by it or did he abuse his position preaching gold so he could unload it?

Given that the Wall Street Journal reported that Paul's portfolio was worth between $2.44 million and $5.46 million — and that 64 percent of his assets were in these precious metal stocks — a very loose estimate is that Ron Paul has lost between $353,204 and $790,366 over the past six months, based on the average loss of his mining holdings.

Hey, I am an old generalite. My eye sight is fading *nods*
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 pm

If it is in resistance to the mandate good I approve this message, hopefully enough family members of those who supported the mandate die from lack of care, that attempting to mandate insurance purchase will never again be attempted.
Last edited by Greed and Death on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Did he get hit by it or did he abuse his position preaching gold so he could unload it?

Given that the Wall Street Journal reported that Paul's portfolio was worth between $2.44 million and $5.46 million — and that 64 percent of his assets were in these precious metal stocks — a very loose estimate is that Ron Paul has lost between $353,204 and $790,366 over the past six months, based on the average loss of his mining holdings.

Worth pointing out losses are from peak, not necessarily a loss from his initial investment.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 am

greed and death wrote:If it is in resistance to the mandate good I approve this message, hopefully enough family members of those who supported the mandate die from lack of care, that attempting to mandate insurance purchase will never again be attempted.

Well now. This validates support.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:39 am

Khadgar wrote:
VonHyden wrote:woo hoo, a slip of the tongue. That never happens in politics.

I'm pretty sure you're trying to make a big deal just because its the GOP, and this is an NS forum, and you want attention.

It's just nice to see them accidentally tell us what we already suspected.

Ryan is going to score hard with the borderline sociopathic libertarian crowd, that's for sure!
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:59 am

Why did you misspell Paul? I presume it's by choice because the rest of the OP is spelled pretty much fine.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 am

Forster Keys wrote:Why did you misspell Paul? I presume it's by choice because the rest of the OP is spelled pretty much fine.

Maybe he was thinking about RuPaul?
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 am

He has failed the Emperor. Again.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:25 am

The Caldari Union wrote:If i didn't have to pay taxes for public transport which is used by lazy scroungers i could afford my own car.

Why do you need a car? Use a bus or bicycle like everyone else. :P
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 am

Abatael wrote:
Did you need me to paraphrase that for you?

Oh yes. But do go slow.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General