NATION

PASSWORD

Men need to be trained to not rape.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 pm

YellowApple wrote:
Stanisburg wrote:I find it hard to believe that people need a teacher to explain to them what the difference is between rape and consensual sex, but it wouldn't be the first time I overestimated humanity's collective intelligence.

I don't see why this couldn't be covered in sex ed.

For me, it was covered in sex ed.

From what I can remember, it wasn't covered in our class. I learned that on my own.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
YellowApple wrote:For me, it was covered in sex ed.

From what I can remember, it wasn't covered in our class. I learned that on my own.

Ditto.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 am

YellowApple wrote:For me, it was covered in sex ed.

Yeah, we just learned about contraceptives. I remember after we learned that urine will dissolve semen, one of my friends asked if pissing in a girl's vagina after sex would prevent pregnancy. We never got an answer, actually.
Last edited by The Joseon Dynasty on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Xathranaar
Minister

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Xathranaar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am

Tiltjuice wrote:It's downright depressing.

Sex?
>If yes, go ahead.
>If no, do something else.

And yet...

I know, right? "ZOMG ASKING FOR CONSENT IS TOO HARD WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" *sigh*

"But if I have to stop when she says "no," what will I do when I meet my imaginary tsundere fantasy girl?!"
My views summarized.
The Gospel According to Queen.
It is possible that some of my posts may not be completely serious.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:From what I can remember, it wasn't covered in our class. I learned that on my own.

Yeah, we just learned about contraceptives. I remember after we learned that urine will dissolve semen, one of my friends asked if pissing in a girl's vagina after sex would prevent pregnancy.

We were just taught abstinence and that STDs are all big and bad and scary so if you want to be sure not to get them don't ever have sex, if I remember right. Maybe a little bit about condoms. The rest that I know I had to teach myself.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am

Individuality-ness wrote:From what I can remember, it wasn't covered in our class. I learned that on my own.

Yeah, we just learned about contraceptives. I remember after we learned that urine will dissolve semen, one of my friends asked if pissing in a girl's vagina after sex would prevent pregnancy. We never got an answer, actually.

I imagine that plan would backfire for the same reason that using douche would backfire; rather than killing the sperm, the urine would only be helping to push it along (if my sex ed teacher's descriptions of why douche is insufficient contraception were even remotely correct).

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:Yeah, we just learned about contraceptives. I remember after we learned that urine will dissolve semen, one of my friends asked if pissing in a girl's vagina after sex would prevent pregnancy.

We were just taught abstinence and that STDs are all big and bad and scary so if you want to be sure not to get them don't ever have sex, if I remember right. Maybe a little bit about condoms. The rest that I know I had to teach myself.

Oh, yeah. We had that. My teacher actually prepared a slideshow of graphic, puss-y genitals for each and every STI. I guess that was their not-so-subtle deterrence.
Last edited by The Joseon Dynasty on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am

Individuality-ness wrote:We were just taught abstinence and that STDs are all big and bad and scary so if you want to be sure not to get them don't ever have sex, if I remember right. Maybe a little bit about condoms. The rest that I know I had to teach myself.

Oh, yeah. We had that. My teacher actually prepared a slideshow of graphic, puss-y genitals for each and every STI. I guess that was their not-so-subtle deterrence.

I remember that there was this one they called the "Lion King". In hindsight it's not that horrible. At the time (AKA when I was thirteen and my peers were around 12-13), it was the worst thing ever.

Rereumrari
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rereumrari » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 am

This thread has turned into a sad state of affiars. Bunch of internet nerds think you need to put verbal inputs into a woman like she is a robot.

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

May I reach for your shirt?

May I make sweet love to you?

NO. Doing that will make it seem like you have no idea what she likes or what you are doing. You do not have to be verbal about every step it to know you have her consent. Just take it slow, escalate slowly and if she objects, stop. It's that easy.
Last edited by Rereumrari on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The political compass is a lie.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 am

Rereumrari wrote:This thread has turned into a sad state of affiars. Bunch of internet nerds think you need to put verbal inputs into a woman like she is a robot.

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

NO. Doing that will make it seem like you have no idea what she like or what you are doing. You have to be verbal about every step it to know you have her consent. Just take it slow, escalate slowly and if she objects, stop. It's that easy.

I'm beginning to question whether you've ever had sex.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am

New Edom wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
You're joking, right?

Only partly. It sounds like a total drag to me, to never be able to build enough trust in a relationship that you can have anything other than constant negotiations.

Yeah, see, in an actual relationship, it doesn't tend to be a "negotiation." It's more like:

"Wanna fuck?"
"Hell yeah."

or

"Wanna fuck?"
"Nah, I'm tired. Maybe later?"

or

"Mmm, you've got me so turned on right now, I totally wanna [engage in sex act]."
"Hot. Take your pants off and get over here, then."

None of these things are especially complicated! The third one, in fact, tends to be enjoyable to the vast majority of people!
Useless Eaters wrote:This is a clear attempt to flamenco.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am

Rereumrari wrote:This thread has turned into a sad state of affiars. Bunch of internet nerds think you need to put verbal inputs into a woman like she is a robot.

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

NO. Doing that will make it seem like you have no idea what she like or what you are doing. You have to be verbal about every step it to know you have her consent. Just take it slow, escalate slowly and if she objects, stop. It's that easy.

Code: Select all
Woman SignificantOther = new Woman();

if (SignificantOther.wantsSexFrom(me) ) {
    me.haveSex(SignificantOther);
    return true;
} else {
    return false;
}

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am

Neo Art wrote:

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

You're starting to question him NOW?

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am

Neo Art wrote:

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

Maybe he did had sex.

In a very questionable fashion.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 am

Neo Art wrote:I'm beginning to question whether you've ever had sex.

You're starting to question him NOW?

OK, that's not fair. I started questioning a while ago. I'm fairly certian of the answer now.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:13 am

Neo Art wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:You're starting to question him NOW?

OK, that's not fair. I started questioning a while ago. I'm fairly certian of the answer now.

Well, yeah, I think I started doubting this a few threads ago. :P

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

NO. Doing that will make it seem like you have no idea what she likes or what you are doing.

Yeah...no, not so much. Without going into detail NSG doesn't need, I can personally testify to the extreme sexiness of a man telling me exactly what he intends to do to me, asking me what I want him to do, and so on and so forth. The idea that that makes someone look like they don't know what they're doing itself suggests that you don't know what you're doing.
Useless Eaters wrote:This is a clear attempt to flamenco.

Rereumrari
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rereumrari » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 am

Neo Art wrote:

May I kiss you?

May I stroke your back?

Not only have I had sex, but I have also been in the situation where she wasn't up for anything other than making out/snuggling and I had to stop. No one ever had train me to do this either.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:37 am

I understand what the person in question is getting at, however just as with the poorly worded jokes which spurn such man-hate, "training" men not to rape seems demeaning. Now before before a hate-train begins lets keep in mind what she/they are suggesting. Some form of education or other program to deter or otherwise ensure that men understand that rape is a serious crime. Now while I understand it is less common, women are just as capable of raping a man or woman as any man is, are we going to be 'training' women too?

Either way I tend to bear a certain grudge towards feminist groups, which may be where my disgruntlement comes from. Bearing in mind I don't HATE them, I just find that many tend to get out of hand over time and place women as somehow superior to men.

All this being said, I admit to wishing schools (perhaps middleschool or early highschool) would give students a lesson on these kinds of things. Kids are getting far more sexually active at younger ages these days and while most of it is (probably) consensual, it doesn't hurt to nip the problem in the bud early before it can ever become a problem.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Rereumrari
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rereumrari » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:39 am

And honestly, I couldnt ever see myself being so desperate that I would force myself on her even if she said no. The thought of a girl kicking and screaming the whole time isn't arousing to any man regardless of what the anti-man crowd says. I like to know that she is turned on and actually wanting me to get that close to her because that is self-affirming to me and lets me know that i'm doing something right. If it is not going to be good for her, it won't be good for me either.

So yeah, excuse me if I take offense to the notion that men get their kicks from forced sex and need to be trained out of it. That is a load of crap.
Last edited by Rereumrari on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaetopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaetopia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:46 am

Young women of today’s society find it the “new fashion” or “latest trend” to wear little to no clothing; they are just asking for trouble. Realistically, if they didn't want to be targeted and raped, then they would wear something less revealing. Women also need to find some self-respect and less attitude – swearing isn't cool.
Enough said.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 am

Jaetopia wrote:Young women of today’s society find it the “new fashion” or “latest trend” to wear little to no clothing; they are just asking for trouble. Realistically, if they didn't want to be targeted and raped, then they would wear something less revealing. Women also need to find some self-respect and less attitude – swearing isn't cool.
Enough said.

Not this shit again.

Wearing skimpy clothes doesn't make it ok for people to rape. A mini-skirt if not green light to fuck someone against their wishes.

Fuck this 'she was dressed like a slut, she was asking for it' mentality.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:50 am

Jaetopia wrote:Young women of today’s society find it the “new fashion” or “latest trend” to wear little to no clothing; they are just asking for trouble. Realistically, if they didn't want to be targeted and raped, then they would wear something less revealing. Women also need to find some self-respect and less attitude – swearing isn't cool.
Enough said.

Fuck that misogynistic crap.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 am

Enough said.

Thats like saying "His house is so well kept and full of valuables, it was BEGGING to get robbed", and remarks like this are exactly why groups insist on these kinds of programs. I admit fashion IS getting a little racier but that doesn't automatically give people the green light to force others to do something against their will.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 am

Enough said.

:palm: That's misogynistic and you know it.

Also, I will swear if I fucking want to. Don't like it? Too bad.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General