NATION

PASSWORD

Christians please answer me.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Defensor wrote:Look, just by reading your questions, you clearly lack an understanding of the scriptures or for that matter the internet. You should really REALLY research this on your own and not ask NSG. You might get 1 good answer out of 100 people throwing below the belt punches at each other :roll:

Might I suggest just reading the bible?

That's a Grade A bad idea.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Defensor
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Menassa wrote:
Defensor wrote:Look, just by reading your questions, you clearly lack an understanding of the scriptures or for that matter the internet. You should really REALLY research this on your own and not ask NSG. You might get 1 good answer out of 100 people throwing below the belt punches at each other :roll:

Might I suggest just reading the bible?

That's a Grade A bad idea.

Porque amigo? :o
I get on NS when I'm bored. TG's are welcomed and replied to!
Spreewerke wrote:
Defensor wrote:I can argue from both sides of the fence, since I love and own a few of both platforms. A little bit of good in all of them :)

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:
Defensor wrote:Along with "High Powered Murder Weapon" (o.o)

I still that is the coolest fucking name ever.

"Introducing the BF-666 HIGH POWERED MURDER WEAPON. FUCK YOU LIBERALS!"

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Beloyukto wrote:A punch of Jews

Is this what we call a group of Jews now?

Weird.

Defensor wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:Let me ask YOU something.

How come nobody ever asks confrontational, easy-to-look-up questions to Hindus?

We're people too, you know.

Haha! No you're not! *hands you a papertowel* Now wipe that dirt off your shoes and get back to work you silly midget :)

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Defensor wrote:
Menassa wrote:That's a Grade A bad idea.

Porque amigo? :o

Many translations, many interpretations, much bias.

They should sit with someone who can read the Bible in the Original.
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Menassa wrote:
Defensor wrote:Porque amigo? :o

I can't say that many details haven't been lost in translation. However, at the level that this OP is at (clearly does not understand the scriptures), it would seem as if he's never even read them at all. Hence I suggest he simply read the bible to start with. I think it would help answer at least a few of his questions. If he truly wanted to learn more after that he could. Starting off reading raw scripture in hebrew would be too much, especially for someone who seems to not know how to properly capitalize his words within a sentence.
Last edited by Defensor on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spreewerke wrote:
Defensor wrote:I can argue from both sides of the fence, since I love and own a few of both platforms. A little bit of good in all of them :)

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Haha! No you're not! *hands you a papertowel* Now wipe that dirt off your shoes and get back to work you silly midget :)

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Defensor wrote:
Menassa wrote:Many translations, many interpretations, much bias.

I can't say that many details haven't been lost in translation. However, at the level that this OP is at (clearly does not understand the scriptures), it would seem as if he's never even read them at all. Hence I suggest he simply read the bible to start with. I think it would help answer at least a few of his questions. If he truly wanted to learn more after that he could. Starting off reading raw scripture in hebrew would be too much, especially for someone who seems to not know how to properly capitalize his words within a sentence.

That's why they should invest time into learning it with someone who does know the Hebrew, it's not so simple as to sit down and read it like a novel.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Menassa wrote:
Defensor wrote:I can't say that many details haven't been lost in translation. However, at the level that this OP is at (clearly does not understand the scriptures), it would seem as if he's never even read them at all. Hence I suggest he simply read the bible to start with. I think it would help answer at least a few of his questions. If he truly wanted to learn more after that he could. Starting off reading raw scripture in hebrew would be too much, especially for someone who seems to not know how to properly capitalize his words within a sentence.

That's why they should invest time into learning it with someone who does know the Hebrew, it's not so simple as to sit down and read it like a novel.

That true. Honestly though who do you know in today's culture, besides a rare few, that would actually take a large portion of their time a devote it to researching and understanding the scripture as it was written thousands of years ago? I dare say not many would. Where as you can get alot of information, even if slightly off, from just picking up a bible from your local church or library :)
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Defensor wrote:
Menassa wrote:That's why they should invest time into learning it with someone who does know the Hebrew, it's not so simple as to sit down and read it like a novel.

That true. Honestly though who do you know in today's culture, besides a rare few, that would actually take a large portion of their time a devote it to researching and understanding the scripture as it was written thousands of years ago? I dare say not many would. Where as you can get alot of information, even if slightly off, from just picking up a bible from your local church or library :)

Ten dollars says his answer could be summed up as "Jews are able to because knowledge of the original intent of the authors is an inheritable trait."
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Defensor wrote:That true. Honestly though who do you know in today's culture, besides a rare few, that would actually take a large portion of their time a devote it to researching and understanding the scripture as it was written thousands of years ago? I dare say not many would. Where as you can get alot of information, even if slightly off, from just picking up a bible from your local church or library :)

Ten dollars says his answer could be summed up as "Jews are able to because knowledge of the original intent of the authors is an inheritable trait."

Ah, forgot I was talking to Menassa :p
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Colonial bespian
Attaché

Founded: Nov 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial bespian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 pm

The Trinity is hard to describe, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are all the same person but also different. The beast way I've herd it summed up is like how a man could be a father a son and a husband all at the same time. He could be a father to his children, a son to his father, and a husband too his wife. Although the man is the same person he is a different person two his children then he is too his wife. This doesn't work for everyone but I find that the bible explains it's self most of the time, just start reading versus that talk about the Trinity until you find one that answers your question. You could go to a local church and ask but the answer you might you get might differ from denomination to denomination. (Note in Genessis 1:11 God says Let us make a man. their was no one else around yet so this shows us he was referring to Jesus and the Holy Ghost)

Jesus died and was resurrected on the third day.

He died for all our sins, as he said he came not to save the righteous but the unrighteous. But only those who have truly excepted Jesus as their savior can go to heaven. 1Peter 3:21 I thing sums baptism up pretty well.

He is 100% God and 100%, this is hard to understand I know but so that he could understand our trouble he had to be a man and live as a man. He was even tempted, like a man, but didn't sin. He had to be 100% God as well to preform the works he did and to be an acceptable sacrifice for our sins.

Jesus Is God But in this case he was probably setting an example for mankind and honoring the Father.

I would encourage you to talk to a minister or a preacher about these things as the Odds are most people in NationStates are not and I my self not one. They would answer your questions better then we can. Also to study these things your self as ultimately your the one who has to decide what they mean to you. If you do have anymore questions though I would do my best to answer them, though, as I said I am not minister or a preacher so if you ask me a question I don't now enough about to answer all I can do is give you verses to read.

As people I do not think either Jews or Muslims are bad anymore then Christians or Atheists. They just simply need to be shown the light of the Gospel.
Last edited by Colonial bespian on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Defensor wrote:
Menassa wrote:That's why they should invest time into learning it with someone who does know the Hebrew, it's not so simple as to sit down and read it like a novel.

You can get a lot of misinformation that way, and there exist classes, I find, those who want to be educated will be educated and those who do not, will not.

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Defensor wrote:That true. Honestly though who do you know in today's culture, besides a rare few, that would actually take a large portion of their time a devote it to researching and understanding the scripture as it was written thousands of years ago? I dare say not many would. Where as you can get alot of information, even if slightly off, from just picking up a bible from your local church or library :)

It happens to be only Atheists with a brief interpretation of a Bible translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English truly know what God intended to say, everyone else is totally depraved.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Menassa wrote:
Defensor wrote:Porque amigo? :o

The Original what? Hebrew? Greek?

And, of course, I'm assuming you think the one reading in the original language would have no bias.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Menassa wrote:Many translations, many interpretations, much bias.

And, of course, I'm assuming you think the one reading in the original language would have no bias.

In this case I was talking about Hebrew.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Menassa wrote:

You can get a lot of misinformation that way, and there exist classes, I find, those who want to be educated will be educated and those who do not, will not.

Tlaceceyaya wrote:Ten dollars says his answer could be summed up as "Jews are able to because knowledge of the original intent of the authors is an inheritable trait."

It happens to be only Atheists with a brief interpretation of a Bible translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English truly know what God intended to say, everyone else is totally depraved.

Eh, you have a point. But still.

And I detect sarcasm in there some where...hmmm...
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Defensor wrote:
Menassa wrote:You can get a lot of misinformation that way, and there exist classes, I find, those who want to be educated will be educated and those who do not, will not.

Eh, you have a point. But still.

And I detect sarcasm in there some where...hmmm...

It is also unfortunate when one is educated falsely be someone they trust.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Menassa wrote:

In this case I was talking about Hebrew.

I have a feeling this person would not be able to answer all of the OP's questions in the same way you want this person to.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Menassa wrote:In this case I was talking about Hebrew.

I have a feeling this person would not be able to answer all of the OP's questions in the same way you want this person to.

Oh no, definitely not.

The Quadruple Alliance
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Quadruple Alliance » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

The concept of trinity is not hard, and I don't even need to be a Christian to have an explanation.

Think of a human being. Let's say a human has a mind, a body, and (for sake of this example) let's assume there's a 'spirit' in there too, so that we can illustrate the common mind/body/spirit makeup of a human body.

Is the human's body the human??
Is his mind the human??
Is his spirit (assuming such a thing exists) the human??

The answer to these is all "yes", the body, mind, and spirit are all the human, but they are all different from each other. They are parts of a whole.

To understand the Christian concept of Trinity, think of it as the same way.

The Father = The Mind, the part of god that thinks and makes judgements and decisions.
The Son = The Body, the part that has corporeal form and walks around on earth.
The Holy Ghost = The Spirit, the part with supernatural powers.

Like the human, all three are the God, and all three are separate and different. They are parts of a whole.
My nation into a setting for a RPG video game that I am programming. If thou wishes to know more, click the link!!
Roleplaying as Third World. Please take all economic statistics from trackers and divide by ten.
Madness is a Virtue (Formerly Walrusfolk Eurarcta)!!

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Weird.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Weird.

:rofl:

I was going to point that out. Pretty funny! Might end up quoting that...

Annnnddddd quoted :p
Last edited by Defensor on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Weird.

I believe we're called a herd, or a spawn?

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Menassa wrote:

Weird.

I believe we're called a herd, or a spawn?

A frugality of Jews? :P

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Awful lot of highly specific questions. Anyone else get the feeling that OP is trying to get us to do his homework for him?
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Defensor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Defensor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:Awful lot of highly specific questions. Anyone else get the feeling that OP is trying to get us to do his homework for him?

You know, I think you're right...
Spreewerke wrote:

I like you.

San-Silvacian wrote:

Weird.

Defensor wrote:

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Defensor wrote:

Weird.

:rofl:

I was going to point that out. Pretty funny! Might end up quoting that...

Annnnddddd quoted :p

My sigged comment amount just jumped by 1 in 1 minute.

Now, if I extrapolate this out linearly...

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:Awful lot of highly specific questions. Anyone else get the feeling that OP is trying to get us to do his homework for him?

If this person is, they came to the wrong forum.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General