NATION

PASSWORD

Police need to use their sense of humor sometimes.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 pm

running around outside naked....at the end of October O_o

anyway everyone knows the police will be against this what with all the stereotypical robbers out tonight keeping them busy
Last edited by Call to power on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Anti-Social Darwinism
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Social Darwinism » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:53 pm

If this has been going on for nearly a decade, haven't they established a precedent, or whatever the appropriate legal term may be?

It's obvious that this particular police person has a personal agenda since I saw nothing in the article about the non-police residents of Boulder objecting to this activity. And having them charged as sex-offenders is utterly stupid.

I think I may drive up to Boulder tonight and get myself a pumpkin hat. If you hear a report of a sixtyish fat lady letting it all hang out ...
NSG's resident curmudgeon.

Add 6,771 posts from the old NSG.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:54 pm

While the run is utterly stupid (and despite having lived in Boulder when I was young and knowing many people their this is the first I can recall hearing of it), the idea of arresting the runners as sex offenders deeply disturbs me. I don't know exactly what the laws are in Colorado, but being convicted of a sex offense, due to the utter dishonesty and corruption of "Justice" that is the sex offender registry in the US, could easily result in a lifetime of harrasement and persecution for these people.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:54 pm

Anti-Social Darwinism wrote: If you hear a report of a sixtyish fat lady letting it all hang out ...

Pics or it didnt happen, :)

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:In terms of the law, that is. I should have said disorderly conduct.
http://www.nudist-resorts.org/statutes.htm

It's not illegal to be naked in downtown Boulder. In fact, the city has had a long, proud history of nudity.

Let me reinforce that...

It's not illegal to be naked in downtown Boulder.

My Source on Colorado wrote:It is unlawful for any person to knowingly perform any of the following acts in a public place or a place within public view: ...B. A Lewd Act: For the purposes of this section, any of the following constitute a lewd act: 1. Exposure of the breasts of the female or the pubic hair, anus, vulva, genitals or buttocks of either sex, done with intent to arouse or to satisfy the sexual desire of either the person committing the act or any other person.
2. Exposure of the breasts of the female or the pubic hair, anus, vulva, genitals or buttocks of either sex, under circumstances in which the conduct is reasonably likely to cause affront or alarm to another person [ed. note: this paragraph is now deleted]. C. An act involving public nudity. For the purposes of this section, the term "public nudity" shall mean knowingly appearing in any public place in a nude state or state of undress such that the genitals or buttocks of either sex or the breast or breasts of a female are exposed. Exposure of the female breast or breasts for purposes of breastfeeding shall not be a violation of this section.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:59 pm

Anti-Social Darwinism wrote:I think I may drive up to Boulder tonight and get myself a pumpkin hat. If you hear a report of a sixtyish fat lady letting it all hang out ...

the idea of pumpkins is to scare away spirits silly ;)
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Iron Chariots
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Chariots » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:05 pm

From the article:
It's not illegal to be naked in downtown Boulder. In fact, the city has had a long, proud history of nudity.

What they are doing is not illegal. Further, it seems unlikely to cause alarm, given the "long, proud history of nudity." Any attempted crackdown is just some prudish dumbass trying to illegitimately force their backwards views on everybody else.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.13

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Iron Chariots wrote:From the article:

What they are doing is not illegal. Further, it seems unlikely to cause alarm, given the "long, proud history of nudity." Any attempted crackdown is just some prudish dumbass trying to illegitimately force their backwards views on everybody else.

Since when has city law trumped state law?
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Swiftor Tayl
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swiftor Tayl » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:08 pm

Beckner said his officers will continue enforcing the state's indecent exposure law this Halloween if people organize another Naked Pumpkin Run on the Pearl Street Mall.

And this year, Beckner said, his officers will arrest people rather than just issue tickets.

"We want to stop that type of activity," Beckner said, referencing a Halloween "mall crawl" in the 1980s that was shut down in 1991 after it turned into a drunken festival of tens of thousands of people. "We don't want to have an anything-goes atmosphere on the mall again during Halloween."

Beckner said his department agrees with critics who say indecent exposure -- and the sex-offender penalty that comes with it -- is not an appropriate charge for people who are pulling nude pranks or participating in naked events.

"If we can address it in a municipal ordinance, we can meet our needs, and it doesn't put people in the sex-offender category," he said.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_13457144
Last edited by Swiftor Tayl on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swiftor Tayl
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swiftor Tayl » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:09 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:

That depends on who is doing the arresting, mostly. And somewhat to do with the prosecuter charging the case; on what they want to pursue.

LOL ANARCHY NUBZ
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby LOL ANARCHY NUBZ » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:

Since people stopped giving a shit, and there are no complaints. :roll:

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:34 am

Intestinal fluids wrote:Boulder's Naked Halloween Streak May Be Coming to an End

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125693458626119361.html

What a brilliant piece of logic this chief of police has.

"Police acknowledge they have not been flooded with pumpkin-run-related complaints, but say that's beside the point. A throng of naked people with jack-o-lanterns on their heads is, by definition, an alarming sight, Chief Beckner says. Therefore, it's illegal."

Oddly enough i looked up definitions of alarming and nowhere did it mention organized fun loving naked people running around with gourds on their heads.

The police chief is trying to drum up support by seeming like he's tough on crime.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Little Jim P
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Little Jim P » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 am

Intestinal fluids wrote:How so? How about if they line up in nice straight orderly quiet lines naked with pumpkins on their heads. Is that disorderly too? Or do you just have an anti-gourd agenda?

The nudity is obviously a symbol of satanism, and as we all know, Satanism corrupts our children, making them disorderly. :)

Man, we get blamed for everything. :p
Hail Satan!

Fist Colony of The Satanic Empire of Big Jim P.

The only thing more useless than a priest is a lawyer.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:44 am

Little Jim P wrote:
Intestinal fluids wrote:How so? How about if they line up in nice straight orderly quiet lines naked with pumpkins on their heads. Is that disorderly too? Or do you just have an anti-gourd agenda?

The nudity is obviously a symbol of satanism, and as we all know, Satanism corrupts our children, making them disorderly. :)

And its all your fault Jim P.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Little Jim P
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Little Jim P » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:48 am

SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:

Of course it is.
Hail Satan!

ChengISao
Envoy

Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby ChengISao » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:48 am

I'm still trying to figure out where the sex for sexual offender is. :eyebrow:
WARNING: Explicit Content. You must be at least 18 years of age to proceed.
Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks.

...We call them weak Who are unable to resist The slightest chance love might exist And for that forsake it all

They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

To truly submit, I had to "jump in the fire".

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 am

Little Jim P wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:

Of course it is.

Sexual offenders are usually the ones who didn't actually do anything sexual.

Little Jim P
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Little Jim P » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:53 am

SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:

Of course it is.

Methinks you quoted the wrong post.
Hail Satan!

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:54 am

Little Jim P wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:

Of course it is.

Yes I did, I blame you :D

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:55 am

ChengISao wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where the sex for sexual offender is. :eyebrow:

Little Jim P
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Little Jim P » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:56 am

SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:
SaintB wrote:
Little Jim P wrote:

Of course it is.

Yes I did, I blame you :D

I suppose I am going to get blamed for this post as well. Damn, I might just develop a persecution complex.
Hail Satan!

Gerechtigkeit fur Mann
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerechtigkeit fur Mann » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 am

It is public indecency you genii. :palm:
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

What right have they to live, they who are other! - Warmaster Lorgar

Gerechtigkeit fur Mann
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerechtigkeit fur Mann » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:03 am

It is public indecency you genii. :palm:

EDIT: Damn double posted again
Last edited by Gerechtigkeit fur Mann on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

What right have they to live, they who are other! - Warmaster Lorgar

ChengISao
Envoy

Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby ChengISao » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:07 am

SaintB wrote:
ChengISao wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where the sex for sexual offender is. :eyebrow:

Hmm... O.K. So... the 4 year old that strips his diaper and runs down the side walk giggling is now constituted as a "Sexual Predator"? I wished I'd have known. :palm: Hell, I would have taken pictures and insisted the police prosecute. We really need to protect our citizens from such atrocity. :eyebrow:
WARNING: Explicit Content. You must be at least 18 years of age to proceed.
Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks.

...We call them weak Who are unable to resist The slightest chance love might exist And for that forsake it all

They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

To truly submit, I had to "jump in the fire".

LOL ANARCHY NUBZ
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby LOL ANARCHY NUBZ » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:12 am

Gerechtigkeit fur Mann wrote:It is public indecency you genii. :palm:

Why? Nobody complained, so what's indecent?

You 'genii' :palm:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General