NATION

PASSWORD

Are Republicans holding the US back?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are the Republicans holding back the social and economic progress of the United States?

Yes
58%
No
27%
Yes and No (Specify?)
13%
Undecided
2%

Total votes : 887

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Missing the point yet again, huh?

You can't call the Tea Partiers 'racist" when the Democrats are equally as racist.

Oh darn......someone remind me, "It's not racism when black people do it...."

The problem is that you think that "cracker" (being called a slave foreman) or "whitey" is in anyway comparable to the legacy of racial domination inherent in the word "nigger". If you're called any of these things for not supporting Obama, it's probably the way you went about it. If indeed it happened at all.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Die Oranje-Vrystaat wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Then you haven't been paying attention for the past few years

As for my own experiences, they are irrelevant. But let's get one thing straight: I live in rural Montana, where there are no shortage of Tea Partiers of all kinds: NWO conspiracy theorists, birthers, Ron Paul goldbugs, "concerned citizens", Militia movement and "second amendment solution" types, and people who use "nigger" in casual conversation.

That's cool, I've always liked Montana. Not everyone there is racist, second amendment types aren't bad people, as far as I'm concerned, and militia activity isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just a bunch of guys who get together, shoot guns and pretty much do legal legitimate stuff. As far as my experience. I'm sorry you hate rural Montana so bad. I liked Montana.

*Liberalspeak-*

Oh, mane...they just som razizt azzholes!

*Translation*

They are just a bunch of racist, hateful, oppressive white nationalists with big scary guns. And they don't like Obama. That's racism!
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
You can't call the Tea Partiers 'racist" when the Democrats are equally as racist.

The problem is that you think that "cracker" (being called a slave foreman) or "whitey" is in anyway comparable to the legacy of racial domination inherent in the word "nigger". If you're called any of these things for not supporting Obama, it's probably the way you went about it. If indeed it happened at all.

Yes it has, on multiple occasions.

I'm not saying that any racist slurs are more profound than others, I'm just pointing out that everyone talks about whites hating blacks, and no one looks at the flip side.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Valtakuntia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valtakuntia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Empire of Vlissingen wrote:No it's the US problem of only 2 parties.

And also Republicans elect the wrong candidates like Mitt Romney. They should choose candidates that are equal too great Republican presidents like Ronald Reagan.

If Republicans want to win the Elections in 2016 they need a wider support more than just White People.

xkcd.

http://xkcd.com/661/
Hallo.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:

Cracker hurts my feelings though :(

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Missing the point yet again, huh?

No, Mavorpen. You missed the point. Racism, in the modern sense, is defined as: White Supremacy, Nazis, Republicans and the KKK. But, If I do remember correctly, the Black Panthers were not considered a terrorist group? But the KKK is.

Modern society never stops black-on-white racism, because it's "ok". Where if a white man said "White Power", he'd be sued. That's racism. Stop supporting racism. Stop supporting Democrats.

Racism wasn't a major issue until Democrats used BO's "race" (he is white, legally) as a weapon.

Which Black Panther's are you talking about? The original group, which were most definitely treated as terrorists up to the moment they chose to voluntarily disband, having achieved a point where they considered themselves no longer necessary? Or the modern "New Black Panthers", which are disavowed by members of the original party, and classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group?

Most importantly, groups like the New Black Panthers are actively opposed by the Democratic Party, and have no sympathy with their aims.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Die Oranje-Vrystaat
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Oranje-Vrystaat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:

There really aren't many African Americans here. I guess that's why there aren't so many racists. But seriously Trotskylvania, are you serious that you believe NWO theorists and racists are the Tea Party's core? Sure it's easy to judge a few people that you consider Tea Partiers (who probably aren't) where you live to be representative of all Tea Partiers?
Middle Class, Christian, Gun Enthusiast

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:The problem is that you think that "cracker" (being called a slave foreman) or "whitey" is in anyway comparable to the legacy of racial domination inherent in the word "nigger". If you're called any of these things for not supporting Obama, it's probably the way you went about it. If indeed it happened at all.

There really aren't many African Americans here. I guess that's why there aren't so many racists.

That was unnecessarily rude.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Valtakuntia wrote:
Empire of Vlissingen wrote:No it's the US problem of only 2 parties.

And also Republicans elect the wrong candidates like Mitt Romney. They should choose candidates that are equal too great Republican presidents like Ronald Reagan.

If Republicans want to win the Elections in 2016 they need a wider support more than just White People.

xkcd.

Funny, but the two party system is a serious problem, it stifles democracy quite a lot and makes the vast majority of people unhappy. The reason it's there is because our voting system is quite old and outdated (hardly surprising for the country with the oldest Constitution still in force in the world). If we switched off of "first past the post" for something more modern like mixed member proportional representation (what the Federal Republic of Germany uses), we would have more political diversity in this country.

Alekera
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alekera » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
There really aren't many African Americans here. I guess that's why there aren't so many racists.

But what if it true? just sayin..... :meh:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Lemanrussland wrote:
Valtakuntia wrote:
xkcd.

Funny, but the two party system is a serious problem, it stifles democracy quite a lot and makes the vast majority of people unhappy. The reason it's there is because our voting system is quite old and outdated (hardly surprising for the country with the oldest Constitution still in force in the world). If we switched off of "first past the post" for something more modern like mixed member proportional representation (what the Federal Republic of Germany uses), we would have more political diversity in this country.

That's nice. What are you doing to make that happen? It'll take work and new laws in the states.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Alekera wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:That was unnecessarily rude.

That African Americans tend to be racists, and their small numbers here is the reason we don't see more overt racism?

Die Oranje-Vrystaat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Oranje-Vrystaat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

What? Why would racism occur where there aren't other races? In the South, particularly Alabama, is where I see racism occur. Why? Because there are minorities. I'm not saying racism is good but why else would it occur somewhere else, rather than somewhere where there are minorities. Might not have worded it the best way, but I had no intention of being rude.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Lemanrussland wrote:Funny, but the two party system is a serious problem, it stifles democracy quite a lot and makes the vast majority of people unhappy. The reason it's there is because our voting system is quite old and outdated (hardly surprising for the country with the oldest Constitution still in force in the world). If we switched off of "first past the post" for something more modern like mixed member proportional representation (what the Federal Republic of Germany uses), we would have more political diversity in this country.

That's nice. What are you doing to make that happen? It'll take work and new laws in the states.

I've written to my state Senators and local Congressman about it, but got no reply. I could do more, but I'm not much of a political activist.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Farnhamia wrote:That was unnecessarily rude.

What? Why would racism occur where there aren't other races? In the South, particularly Alabama, is where I see racism occur. Why? Because there are minorities. I'm not saying racism is good but why else would it occur somewhere else, rather than somewhere where there are minorities. Might not have worded it the best way, but I had no intention of being rude.

Yes, I believe I misunderstood you.

Die Oranje-Vrystaat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Oranje-Vrystaat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Alekera wrote:

That African Americans tend to be racists, and their small numbers here is the reason we don't see more overt racism?

Who said African Americans are all racist?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Lemanrussland wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:That's nice. What are you doing to make that happen? It'll take work and new laws in the states.

I've written to my state Senators and local Congressman about it, but got no reply. I could do more, but I'm not much of a political activist.

So you're giving up? I don't want to see you complaining about the political system ever again. *makes a note on a hand-held device* Ever.

Latonos
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Latonos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Alekera wrote:

I think he was making the notion that white members would be racist to the black ones, not that black members are racist.
/[Long live Latonos]\

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Farnhamia wrote:That African Americans tend to be racists, and their small numbers here is the reason we don't see more overt racism?

No one, I misunderstood your post.

Alekera
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alekera » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Alekera wrote:

Oh, i thought he was saying 'the reason why there are few [white] racists here is because there are few black Americans here'...

I think I may have walked into the wrong part of this conversation.... :unsure:

Die Oranje-Vrystaat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Oranje-Vrystaat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

No one, I misunderstood your post.

I'm not saying black people or white people are inherently racist. The blacks I do know are good people, ironically they're Republicans.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Alekera wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:That African Americans tend to be racists, and their small numbers here is the reason we don't see more overt racism?

Oh, i thought he was saying 'the reason why there are few [white] racists here is because there are few black Americans here'...

Since I've already apologized twice, yes, I think you have.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Farnhamia wrote:No one, I misunderstood your post.

I'm not saying black people or white people are inherently racist. The blacks I do know are good people, ironically they're Republicans.

You could have just said, "Oh, okay, no worries." :roll:

Die Oranje-Vrystaat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Oranje-Vrystaat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Alekera wrote:

No, I was saying, that discrimination against minorities is proportional to their presence in a certain area.

Die Oranje-Vrystaat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Oranje-Vrystaat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

You could have just said, "Oh, okay, no worries." :roll:

So many misunderstandings! Sweet Lord Jesus alive, let it end! Not really.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General