NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion of transgender people

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

You are?

Cisgender, supportive of trans* people, recognize only two genders
112
21%
Cisgender, supportive of trans* people, recognize more than two genders
200
37%
Cisgender, unsupportive of trans* people
115
21%
Cisgender, indifferent
62
11%
Transgender, recognize only two genders
10
2%
Transgender, recognize more than two genders
47
9%
 
Total votes : 546

User avatar
Individuality-ness
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37712
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Autismiah wrote:I support the World Health Organisation in its view of gender dysphoria. It is a mental illness. This is generally accepted by the scientific community.

Find me one transgender person who didn't have serious problems in childhood, usually due to a parent leaving. Saying ''me'' or ''a friend'' is not an appropriate answer.

"I think transvestism is a disease that comes from bad childhood! Prove to me that it doesn't - but if you have an example, that doesn't count because that means that you're not a true trans!"
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

User avatar
Zweite Alaje
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9551
Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zweite Alaje » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Oterro wrote:
Zweite Alaje wrote: :rofl:

viewtopic.php?p=13125906#p13125906

much better version of this joke step up I:


Wow.... :rofl:
Geist über Körper, durch Aktionen Ehrung
Likes: Corporatism, Market Socialism, Syndicalism, Progressivism, Pantheism, Gaia Hypothesis, Centrism, Dirigisme

Dislikes: Capitalism, Liberalism, Conservatism, Libertarianism, Abortion, Modern Feminism
I've been: Communist , Fascist
Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.18

NIFP
Please don't call me Zweite, Al or Ally is fine. Add 2548 posts, founded Oct 06, 2011

User avatar
Faolinn
Minister
 
Posts: 2055
Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 pm

I have no moral objection to their existence.However I'm not certain I can consider them the same as a man or a woman born.I have come to believe that there is some form of noticeably different psychological elements to their mindset that I cannot describe as a mental illness, but rather some form of formerly recognized state of being that has been thought of as natural and some times celebrated in certain cultures. However, because of biological differences from those born a certain way and the related cultural experience that comes with being born the biological sex opposite of their internal nature, I don't think I can think of them as a man the way I am a man nor a woman the way let's say my mother is a woman. But I concede that being a cisgendered man, I may not entirely understand the trans experience if you will

The only other thing I would say is that if they should love a cisgendered person, they should be honest with them about their nature. For to truly love someone is to share all deep secrets and important parts of your being with someone.If someone does not find themselves interested in you because of it, it is their right, but it also means they were not right for you.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

User avatar
The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8134
Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Autismiah wrote:I support the World Health Organisation in its view of gender dysphoria. It is a mental illness. This is generally accepted by the scientific community.

Find me one transgender person who didn't have serious problems in childhood, usually due to a parent leaving. Saying ''me'' or ''a friend'' is not an appropriate answer.

"I think transvestism is a disease that comes from bad childhood! Prove to me that it doesn't - but if you have an example, that doesn't count because that means that you're not a true trans!"


To be fair cross dressers aren't actually transgender. Gender expression is not gender identity, and being trans* really only refers to the former.

User avatar
Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10147
Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Desperate Measures » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:"I think transvestism is a disease that comes from bad childhood! Prove to me that it doesn't - but if you have an example, that doesn't count because that means that you're not a true trans!"


To be fair cross dressers aren't actually transgender. Gender expression is not gender identity, and being trans* really only refers to the former.

I don't think all crossdressers are transgender but some do fall under it.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

User avatar
Individuality-ness
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37712
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:"I think transvestism is a disease that comes from bad childhood! Prove to me that it doesn't - but if you have an example, that doesn't count because that means that you're not a true trans!"

To be fair cross dressers aren't actually transgender. Gender expression is not gender identity, and being trans* really only refers to the former.

Obviously not. But those who ID themselves as trans* and who don't have bad childhoods are apparently "not evidence".
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50054
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
The Steel Magnolia wrote:To be fair cross dressers aren't actually transgender. Gender expression is not gender identity, and being trans* really only refers to the former.

Obviously not. But those who ID themselves as trans* and who don't have bad childhoods are apparently "not evidence".


And neither is the reams of scientific data saying it can be biological in origin. Nor the psychological examination pre-op transexuals undergo to make sure they aren't suffering from some kind of treatable trauma.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you remember the 2012 election where Mitt Romney said Russia was the biggest threat to world peace and Obama and the Democratic establishment mocked him, mere years before they began arguing they had allowed US sovereignty to be usurped on their watch by Russia and this is why the other side was unfit to govern?
That's alright, neither do they apparently.

User avatar
Bottle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14985
Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Bottle wrote:I can understand that, and honestly I do respect it, which is why I generally shut the fuck up about this subject around trans people unless they specifically invite me to discuss it. I also refrain from cis-splaining to trans people about any of it, and stick to offering my perspective and my opinions (which I do not pretend are perfect, objective, or immune to all the same cultural biases that everyone else experiences).

And yet you`re doing so right now...

Nope. I mean, you can try to butcher the term so that it means "anybody, including a non-cis person, who has an opinion that differs from that some some trans people," but I think that's pretty silly and I'm not likely to be shamed by it as a tactic.

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
And, I am well aware that the feminist community as a whole has a really shitty history when it comes to trans issues. I don't expect trans people to ignore that or forget it or even cut feminism a break in spite of it, because feminism has earned its lumps on this one.


Well, that's progress of a certain sort at least.

Regardless, while abolishing the institution of gender may be considered a worthy goal it is not one that is realistic or one that is, arguably, worth working towards. Gender is important and gender matters, and it is a principal part of self identity. Instead of a world with no gender, I dream of one where gender doesn't matter, and there is no discrimination on its basis. The destruction of the Kyriarchy does not mean an end to gender, but it does mean an end to gender roles and the expectations we place upon them.

I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

User avatar
Euroslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 7743
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Euroslavia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Bottle wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)

Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10061
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Euroslavia wrote:Your move.

Send the dog to PETA.

Image

User avatar
The blAAtschApen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 52652
Founded: Antiquity
Forumer Mod

Postby The blAAtschApen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Bottle wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)

Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.


I have a Chinese roommate. I'll ask him for advice.
Former mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18027
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Bottle wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)

Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.

well, they said they don't care about gender, not Gender.

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:Your move.

Send the dog to PETA.

Image



harsh
Last edited by Souseiseki on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Euroslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 7743
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Euroslavia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Souseiseki wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.

well, they said they don't care about gender, not Gender.

Dammit. Foiled again.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

User avatar
Bottle
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14985
Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Bottle wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)

Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.

...

I have been planning to get a bird for ages, and now my bird has a name. Its name shall be Gender, and I shall teach it to sing "It's Rainin' Men," and we will be best friends forever.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

User avatar
TaQud
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15959
Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Just give them equal rights and stop the discrimination

(same could be said for the other parts of the LGBT....)
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

User avatar
Faolinn
Minister
 
Posts: 2055
Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Also,I'm probably going to sound like a gigantic moron for saying this, but I have to ask this question otherwise it will just bug me for the rest of the night.,For whatever reason being called cisgendered bothers me.I know it's not a horrible slur and that I'm not exactly being oppressed.There's not even a specific word I would prefer instead. It's a word that describes exactly what I am. A cisgendered man, but for some weird reason it bugs me. Why do you think that is?
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

User avatar
Nadkor
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12114
Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Faolinn wrote:Also,I'm probably going to sound like a gigantic moron for saying this, but I have to ask this question otherwise it will just bug me for the rest of the night.,For whatever reason being called cisgendered bothers me.I know it's not a horrible slur and that I'm not exactly being oppressed.There's not even a specific word I would prefer instead. It's a word that describes exactly what I am. A cisgendered man, but for some weird reason it bugs me. Why do you think that is?


You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.
Last edited by Nadkor on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

User avatar
Faolinn
Minister
 
Posts: 2055
Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Nadkor wrote:
Faolinn wrote:Also,I'm probably going to sound like a gigantic moron for saying this, but I have to ask this question otherwise it will just bug me for the rest of the night.,For whatever reason being called cisgendered bothers me.I know it's not a horrible slur and that I'm not exactly being oppressed.There's not even a specific word I would prefer instead. It's a word that describes exactly what I am. A cisgendered man, but for some weird reason it bugs me. Why do you think that is?


You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.

As much as it pains me to say it, there is probably a fair bit of truth to that.No matter how much my thoughts may run counter to the status quo, I was still raised within it and may have absorbed a few elements of it.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

User avatar
Nadkor
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12114
Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Faolinn wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.

As much as it pains me to say it, there is probably a fair bit of truth to that.No matter how much my thoughts may run counter to the status quo, I was still raised within it and may have absorbed a few elements of it.


Well, acknowledging it and recognising it means you're doing better than the vast majority, so go you.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

User avatar
Anarcho-Leftist States of Horseflip
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Leftist States of Horseflip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Bottle wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)

Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.

Looks like Cujo

User avatar
Slarvainian
Minister
 
Posts: 2129
Founded: May 05, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Slarvainian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 pm

I would say I'm supportive of transgendered individuals. Although I'm not that well read as to there being more then 2 genders I am open to the idea and It wouldn't surprise me that there are more then two genders. Another thing that I can say I support is that my country is considering the idea of adding reassignment surgery to the government health plan meaning that it would be payed for by the government by taxes.
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.

Sophist, Ironist, the po-mo-neo-marxist Jordan Peterson warned you about.

I really enjoy talking ideas with people so feel free to TG me.

User avatar
Sentinel Optik
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 58
Founded: Aug 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel Optik » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Nadkor wrote:
Faolinn wrote:Also,I'm probably going to sound like a gigantic moron for saying this, but I have to ask this question otherwise it will just bug me for the rest of the night.,For whatever reason being called cisgendered bothers me.I know it's not a horrible slur and that I'm not exactly being oppressed.There's not even a specific word I would prefer instead. It's a word that describes exactly what I am. A cisgendered man, but for some weird reason it bugs me. Why do you think that is?


You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.


This is true, and it makes me resist equality for the transgenders. I do not want my normality marginalized. I am open to the legality of surgeries and whatnot and I might even be alright with TG's trying to fight for dignity. However, don't pretend that I am something less than normal. It's like how the Aspies refer to people like me as "neurotypical" as opposed to just being normal and not having an autism spectrum mental disorder.

User avatar
Pillea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 672
Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillea » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Sentinel Optik wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.


This is true, and it makes me resist equality for the transgenders. I do not want my normality marginalized. I am open to the legality of surgeries and whatnot and I might even be alright with TG's trying to fight for dignity. However, don't pretend that I am something less than normal. It's like how the Aspies refer to people like me as "neurotypical" as opposed to just being normal and not having an autism spectrum mental disorder.


The term normal then gets used to refer to all other groups as "abnormal" or "freaks" and such. Rather than hold yourself so high and lofty, you can just suck it up and take the logical label that ought be applied to you and your situation. If we are to be referred to as transgender, non-trans persons can just as easily be referred to as cisgender. Homosexual, heterosexual. And so on.
If you're going to get so caught up in the idea that not being called "normal" = bad, well, what's that saying about all the people you would say aren't?
Trans*, polyamorous, atheist, vegan, pro-choice, pro-animal rights, pro-science, anti-rape culture, lesbian, feminist, far left wing

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40038
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 am

Scholencia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
So, NSG, are you supportive of trans* people? Do you recognize only two genders? Are you trans*?

Carnival and hallowen are always amusing.


:eyebrow: What do those have to do with this topic?

Scholencia wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:is this because they always make it fun or because you think they're freaks


It is because, it is funny.


How?

Autismiah wrote:I support the World Health Organisation in its view of gender dysphoria. It is a mental illness. This is generally accepted by the scientific community.

Find me one transgender person who didn't have serious problems in childhood, usually due to a parent leaving. Saying ''me'' or ''a friend'' is not an appropriate answer.


So, basically, what you're saying is:

"I'm right, you're wrong, and nothing you can say will change it."

I will give myself (despite your fallacious insistence otherwise) as an example.

Scholencia wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:it is? how so? o:

It makes such a visual effect, besides carnival is the only time I have a chance to see them. I am sorry if my opinion offends your feelings.


This thread isn't about carnival or Halloween.

Scholencia wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:i can't tell if your opinion offends me feelings because i can hardly even figure out what it is

I can tell you but I might become a warning. So, better not. Besides, I understand if you as a transgender want to be accept in the society, it is just that there is some limits of normal.


Don't you understand that there are plenty of ways to get your opinions across (with almost no limit to what the opinion itself is) without a mod having to step in and take action?

Central Slavia wrote:
Autismiah wrote:I support the World Health Organisation in its view of gender dysphoria. It is a mental illness. This is generally accepted by the scientific community.

Find me one transgender person who didn't have serious problems in childhood, usually due to a parent leaving. Saying ''me'' or ''a friend'' is not an appropriate answer.

This.
I am supportive of them getting treatment and whatever, even up to reassignment surgery on the state's funds, but there's two genders, and that's it. Anything else is a very,very minor percentage of cases, and definite anomalies that don't have a place in the definition of normal, much like people born with excess limbs don't make us define that a healthy person has "two hands but sometimes three".


There are more than two genders. However, I think you're confusing the term sex with gender. Just as an FYI, there is a difference. Sex is between your legs, gender is between your ears.

Totalise wrote:they are hardly people. my view is that "Trancegender" is an abomination and an afront to socity, the church, if not god himself


Tell, me, where did God say anything along the lines of "I hate trannies!"?

And what if God actually intends for some people to be transgender?

Souseiseki wrote:does the bible even mention transgender people


Well, if you count eunuchs, you could make a case that it does, though I'm not sure how strong of an argument it really is. Besides, AFAIK, the bible has some very positive statements about eunuchs.

The Merchant Republics wrote:I find transgender people to be... strange. But not in a harmful, "keep the kids away from them" sort of way. More in the same way I treat people who wear socks with sandals, with mild distaste stemming largely from my own vanity.

I recognize only two genders, but that's not to the disparagement of anyone who considers themselves intersex or otherwise.


Its not about being intersex, per se. See above for the distinction between sex and gender.

Distruzio wrote:
Choronzon wrote:Fuck your "god"


Indeed.


Quite. Such a diety who would hold such a position is, in no uncertain terms, a fucking douchebag, who should be opposed, despised, etc., by all people.

Desperate Measures wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:does the bible even mention transgender people

Deuteronomy 22:5
5 “A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

So, yes. But why it should matter to anyone who doesn't follow the bible is beyond me.


Of course, since the verse says nothing about the definition of man and woman, it could very well be the case that its referring to gender rather than sex.

Euroslavia wrote:
Bottle wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck whether gender exists or not, as long as I'm not in any way required to care about it. For as long as I am forced to care about it, I will be stuck fighting against it. I'm happy to stop fighting as soon as it goes away and leaves me alone. :)

Image
This dog has been renamed to Gender and has taken a poop in your hallway.

Your move.


:rofl:

This is getting sigged!

Sentinel Optik wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.


This is true, and it makes me resist equality for the transgenders. I do not want my normality marginalized. I am open to the legality of surgeries and whatnot and I might even be alright with TG's trying to fight for dignity. However, don't pretend that I am something less than normal. It's like how the Aspies refer to people like me as "neurotypical" as opposed to just being normal and not having an autism spectrum mental disorder.


Nobody's trying to marginalize your normality.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo

User avatar
Individuality-ness
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37712
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 am

Sentinel Optik wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
You're not used to your privilege being called into question or even into the open and as a result it makes you feel uncomfortable.

This is true, and it makes me resist equality for the transgenders. I do not want my normality marginalized. I am open to the legality of surgeries and whatnot and I might even be alright with TG's trying to fight for dignity. However, don't pretend that I am something less than normal. It's like how the Aspies refer to people like me as "neurotypical" as opposed to just being normal and not having an autism spectrum mental disorder.

... so people who are trans* are not "normal"? Define "normal".
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5 kingdoms of Britannia, Aclion, An Alan Smithee Nation, Auzkhia, Cekoviu, Evil Dictators Happyland, Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Hediacrana, Heloin, Iciaros, Ifreann, Latialand, Ostroeuropa, Platypus Bureaucracy, San Lumen, Selissu, Skarten, The Xenopolis Confederation, TheBadMan

Advertisement

Remove ads