NATION

PASSWORD

Education & Morality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dempublicents1
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:49 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:I'm seeing a lot of support here for the notion that increased education (and standard of living) would reduce crime greatly.

It's a good thing that white-collar crime in America is so completly rare as to be unheard of, I mean, a major case of white-collar crime, perpetrated by people who are already very wealthy, and well above the standard of living would seem to torpedo the simplicity of this argument.

Total irony, right? How many major white-collar crime cases have we had in the last 5-10 years? But you know, only desperate impoverished, uneducated people are capable of commiting crimes, while rich, educated people are almost entirely incapable. *facepalm*

"Reduce crime greatly" != "get rid of crime completely"
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:51 pm

Dempublicents1 wrote:
"Reduce crime greatly" != "get rid of crime completely"

It is if you abolish all laws, ;)

Swiftor Tayl
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swiftor Tayl » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm

Execute all criminals, no matter their age or offense.

Problem solved.

Previous

Return to General