NATION

PASSWORD

Is it time to break-up the Federal government?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 am

Obamacult wrote:You amuse me.

First you manufacture pure bullshit by saying that the following quote implies that I think higher wages increase migration:
Wrong, citizens won't migrate to a region or state that has lower costs if the income opportunities are similarly low. I'll try to make this easy, people move to regions and states that offer them a higher standard of living irrespective of the costs of living or wage rates. It is a combination or ratio of wages/cost of living that determine migration trends.--Obamacult

How amusing the libertarian peanut gallery fails to address my post in any substantial way save fallacious nonsense.

Your personal opinion, while appreciated, is not valid. I have presented empirical evidence refuting you several times, and you only reply back with inane retorts devoid of any logical, factual, or empirical evidence.

Mavorpen wrote:It's hard to believe that you still have not even read your own post.

Your "or" signified that you were stating either or. In other words, it's a ratio or combination of the two things that determines migration. Nonetheless, absolute wage rates is a different animal than the ratio of wages per costs of living.

Now, even if we ignore all of this, you STILL made the claim that standard of living is what determines migration and not wages or cost of living, and then you stated the exact opposite in the very next sentence. You have utterly failed to even address this part of my post. Don't think you're getting off that easily by distracting me with your, "Lul u dont understand ratios."

According to the data, State Y by far. Because as I've shown you over and over, wages and income has virtually no correlation between migration. Meanwhile, cost of living by comparison is at least significantly more consistent.

(Image)

No thank you. I'll continue exposing your contradictory statements and outright lying.

Please address my arguments instead of running away and whining like a 5 year old that bullies are being mean to you on the playground.[/quote]

Obamacult wrote:Then you pile on this fallacious nonsense by engaging in ad hominems and inane retorts.

Obamacult wrote:Moreover, your recent fallacious sub-thread has predictably contributed absolutely nothing to refute my version of a more effective federal system.

"Waaah! Mommy, Jimmy knocked me down from the swing!"

"How horrible! Why did he do that?"

"I don't know! All I did was throw him off the slide and kick him in the stomach!"

When you're ready to actually address my post instead of continuously making claims literally addressed in the post you're quoting, reply back.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Obamacult wrote:It is telling that the progressive peanut gallery is manifestly unable to engage in a single substantive factual, logical and empirically supported argument to refute a single tenet I have offered previously outlining the benefits of transferring management of economic issues now corrupting and distracting the federal govt. to the individual states and citizens.

For example, we now have grave n' idle engaged in a superfluous semantics exercise (a manufactured phantom that has nothing to do with undermining any of the major or minor arguments I have offered throughout the thread)

You're repeating the lie again, so here's the link, again.

Obamacult wrote:...on one hand, I am attacked for exposing the numerous inane retorts, fallacious arguments, outright irrelevant sideshows and bullshit (like that emanating from grave and mavorpen) and on the other hand, I am further attacked for taking steps to anticipate and respond to said bullshit by presenting rebuts beforehand to these expected fallacious arguments.

By your own admission you 'anticipate' and 'respond to said bullshit', but at the same time, you're complaining about fallacious arguments, outright irrelevant sideshows and bullshit.

See, this is why I have to keep engaging the nonsense - because you ADMIT that you were arguing against your own invented complaints, but then you pretend you're somehow a victim because you're now being patrolled to keep you honest.

Obamacult wrote:No wonder this thread has devolved into an exercise in fallacious irreverent diversions ---- the progressive side is apoplectic in their manifest inability to respond and rebut with anything remotely on topic.

You've presented a lot of ideology, and a lot of ideologically slanted links, some of which have been specifically rebutted.

Ideology doesn't need to be rebutted. It's your theology, and you're welcome to it.

You just shouldn't make the mistake of believing that your nonsense opinions matter in the real world.
I identify as
a problem

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Since we're now in just a circular argument about each side can't actually argue...

Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-... That's all, folks.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Previous

Return to General