NATION

PASSWORD

North Koreans turn to Cannibalsim

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 am

Zimmer Twins wrote:
Matariyya wrote:Shit...shit...shiiiiiiiit...
What the hell, man?!!
IMHO it's unfair to target the people if you want to topple a system; that's just dirty. And the NATO wouldn't use such cruel methods. No wait...
Anyway, I think your plan for China could (worst case) mean WW3, or (best case) play out the cold war all over again.
So I really hope you're trolling.

North Korea is the one that has A FREAKING NUKE AIMED AT THE U.S.! If they target us we target them. It's only fair.

North Korea has no interest in launching a nuclear weapon at the United States. Such a thing would be suicidal.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 am

North Koreans are starving? This is news. Or not.

Petrovsegratsk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrovsegratsk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 am

*Leans out window*

HEY, AMERICANS, JUST BOMB THEM ALREADY!

*Shuts window and goes play Call of Duty*
My name is Николай and I am from Россия.

IMPEACH CHARLES XII - LEGALIZE MODERNIZATION - ISOLATION IS THEFT - PETER THE GREAT 1682

The Capitalist Russian, a rare species.

Yandere Schoolgirls wrote:Capitalism is the most moral and effective system for bringing wealth to countries that man has ever devised or known

Hippostania wrote:I live in the second largest metropolitan area in the country (with a grand population of 300,000 :p) and as a lifelong city dweller, I have no skills to survive in the wild whatsoever. To put it mildly, I'd be royally fucked.

The Ben Boys wrote:They are so cute. It's like a toddler trying to wrestle a bear, except the toddler is retarded, doesn't have any teeth, and poops way too much.

Acrainia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrainia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 am

Capitalist lies! In the glorious North Korean state, we produce more food the the USA and China combined and every citizen feasts on unicorn daily! Any fool who watches our brilliant state-run news network would know that!

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 am

Herrebrugh wrote:
New American Union wrote:I'm just saying, wipe out the government and install a newer more functioning government that doesn't spend all of it's money on rockets that explode mid-takeoff.

And how do you suggest doing that?

Developing rockets to blow them up mid-course, ofcourse.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Zimmer Twins
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zimmer Twins » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 am

Arumdaum wrote:
Zimmer Twins wrote:North Korea is the one that has A FREAKING NUKE AIMED AT THE U.S.! If they target us we target them. It's only fair.

North Korea has no interest in launching a nuclear weapon at the United States. Such a thing would be suicidal.

I didn't say they had an interest I said they have a nuke aimed at us.
Left: 3.23
Libertarian: 2.43
Non Interventionalist: -1.6
Cultural Liberal: -3.87

Pro-Choice, Same Sex Marriage, Renewable Power, Space Travel, Tests on nuclear power.

SOPA/PIPA/CISPA, Pro-Life, Homophobes, Fossil Fuels.

OOC: I'm just a guy who likes video games and knows nothing about politics. Wow I am addicted to this game. 500 posts in about 4 months.

Evil the Great
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil the Great » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 am

New American Union wrote:Personally, I think the North Korean Regime needs to step up and start feeding it's people

Personally, I think the North Korean Regime should be dealt with, destroyed, and its leaders executed. Like, throw these assholes under a tank, you know? Also, the duty of a Government isn't to feed its people, it's far too inept for that ( remember that the State is essentially a necessary evil ), but to let them live free. Which isn't what the DPRK is doing.

For the cannibalism, that ain't news. People are forced to eat human meat to survive, especially those held captive by the regime.
Nico the Frenchie iz back.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:28 am

Zimmer Twins wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:North Korea has no interest in launching a nuclear weapon at the United States. Such a thing would be suicidal.

I didn't say they had an interest I said they have a nuke aimed at us.

No, they don't. I think people should review what they actually said. The new nuke test isn't literally aimed at a town in the USA. It's aimed ideologically at the USA, as in to tell the US government "HEY! PAY ATTENTION!"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 am

Divair wrote:
Zimmer Twins wrote:I didn't say they had an interest I said they have a nuke aimed at us.

No, they don't. I think people should review what they actually said. The new nuke test isn't literally aimed at a town in the USA. It's aimed ideologically at the USA, as in to tell the US government "HEY! PAY ATTENTION!"

Imagine if they fluked and managed to actually score a hit. Like I dunno, suddenly a hurricane picks up the nuke and carries it over to the US.
The amount of
OHSHIT
and OHFUCK
the world would do would be pretty funny.
Korea would probably flip out and surrender immediately, maybe China would pre-emptively invade them to stop the USA doing so, everyone would be saying "Don't nuke the shit out of them, it was an accident!" etc.

I imagined this as an underfed north korean in a school canteetn throwing a carton of milk at the big muscly guy at the other end of the hall and it richochetting off a bunch of crap and smacking him in the face, followed by silence from all the other countries as everyone stares in horror.
"Oh god, USA is going to kill korea :("

For bonus points, USA then punches south korea so hard he enters space and north korea gets off scot free.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 am

Divair wrote:North Koreans are starving? This is news. Or not.

They have to eat their shoes. When they miss their "production quota" on farms their food is stolen from them, despite the state never ever ever doing a fucking thing about their shitty, broken down equipment.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Flaxxony-Setram
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Flaxxony-Setram » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Laerod wrote:That would be stupid.

Only the second bit is stupid. The first would probably work, but is heartless.

How is it heartless? It would temporarily cause hunger, but hunger causes revolutions.
Base 12, Esperanto, 13 month years, you get the drift, All that weird stuff. 58 million total inhabitants. The national area is the northern half of South America, and we are very xenophobic. Georgism since 1871.

Warshania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warshania » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am

This story is obviously fabricated by the evil western capitalist America and their allies who passionately hate our glorious, truly independent nation for being so great. Our grand missile program should take care of that soon.
Last edited by Warshania on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor

Political test results

Flaxxony-Setram
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flaxxony-Setram » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am

Matariyya wrote:
Flaxxony-Setram wrote:
Well, we stop giving NK food. That will make the people more rebellious. Second, tell china the if they don't cut off funding to NK, we will light up every oil well under their influence and then have NATO impose a worldwide oil embargo on china.

Shit...shit...shiiiiiiiit...
What the hell, man?!!
IMHO it's unfair to target the people if you want to topple a system; that's just dirty. And the NATO wouldn't use such cruel methods. No wait...
Anyway, I think your plan for China could (worst case) mean WW3, or (best case) play out the cold war all over again.
So I really hope you're trolling.

China acts like they are impervious to anything.

They are actually cowards. All the USA has to do is step up
Base 12, Esperanto, 13 month years, you get the drift, All that weird stuff. 58 million total inhabitants. The national area is the northern half of South America, and we are very xenophobic. Georgism since 1871.

Flaxxony-Setram
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flaxxony-Setram » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 am

Arumdaum wrote:
Zimmer Twins wrote:North Korea is the one that has A FREAKING NUKE AIMED AT THE U.S.! If they target us we target them. It's only fair.

I honestly wish they would do it. Watch it get shot down by our ABMs and then we retaliate (no nukes, but invasion like Iraq).

Cristos Templars
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cristos Templars » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

OH NO ZOMBIEEES! :unsure:

Seriously! How selfish that shit is! If I was one of those little kids, I would've plastic forked that motherfucker to death before he could eat me.

Flaxxony-Setram
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flaxxony-Setram » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 am

Maybe if the US would stop using its wealth for million dollar mansions and Kim Kardashian backpacks, or, you know, imperialist wars against 15th century goat herders in Afghanistan, we could start doing useful science and spend defense money on tech that would scare China.

We spend way too much on outdated bombers and contractor salaries (200,000+ dollars sometimes) to worry about that, though.

New American Union
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New American Union » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

Herrebrugh wrote:
New American Union wrote:
China does it.

Let's change the question: how would you suggest doing that without the death of millions. I mean, seriously, without Chinese support they'd all just starve to death in a quicker tempo than they're going now.

Last time I checked, nothing gets done with words. Only violence can really get the message through.
I can save you all from the flames of this world, and the next.

I'm a Mohawk from Akwesasne (Google it!), Watch Game of Thrones!

I'm not an Amerindian, I'm not an Indian, you can call me a Native American, or an aboriginal.

#idlenomore

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 am

Herrebrugh wrote:
Let's change the question: how would you suggest doing that without the death of millions. I mean, seriously, without Chinese support they'd all just starve to death in a quicker tempo than they're going now.

Last time I checked, nothing gets done with words. Only violence can really get the message through.

Especially if violence is the only thing the other side understands.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

New American Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New American Union » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 am

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:

Especially if violence is the only thing the other side understands.

My good sir, I tip my hat to you.

I'm not an Amerindian, I'm not an Indian, you can call me a Native American, or an aboriginal.

#idlenomore

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 am

DPRK economic policy is making it hard to survive? Clearly, we should bomb them.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am

I thought they were growing marijuana, not bath salts.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 am

Dilange wrote:I thought they were growing marijuana, not bath salts.

Maybe one of them is actually a Prototype (as in Mercer or Heller) in disguise.

BUT I DIGRESS.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
4. PDAF can go to hell!

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 am

Dilange wrote:I thought they were growing marijuana, not bath salts.

Maybe one of them is actually a Prototype (as in Mercer or Heller) in disguise.

BUT I DIGRESS.

DPRK has a Blacklight project?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

Free South Califas wrote:DPRK economic policy is making it hard to survive? Clearly, we should bomb them.

Stuff like this is why part of me wishes that the Ryan Doctrine from TC's Ryanverse really existed. To some extent, maybe putting a UCAV-launched Hellfire into Kim Jong-un's bedroom sounds like a good idea.

4. PDAF can go to hell!

New American Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New American Union » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 am

Free South Califas wrote:DPRK economic policy is making it hard to survive? Clearly, we should bomb them.

UCAV-launched Hellfire into Kim Jong-un's bedroom

Sounds like a plan.

#idlenomore

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General