NATION

PASSWORD

Hobbies? Hobbies.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Hobbies? Hobbies.

Postby Imsogone » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm

So Angelina Jolie collects daggers, Tom Cruise fences and Johnny Depp collects Barbie dolls (Barbie dolls?).

I collect cookie cutters, teapots, Iron Man comic books and knives (hunting knives) and I play Diablo II and III and Mass Effect I, II and III. I also raise tarantulas and snakes (actually just snake -singular). Oh and when the budget and the mood strike me, I go antiquing.

What are your hobbies? Do you consider them strange? Do others consider them strange? Or are you just a normal, average person like me?
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

People play Diablo 3?
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

The United Thingys
Envoy

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Thingys » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

I Nationstate.

And read fantasy. And play video games. And when I'm really bored I go on Wikipedia and hit random article. I also enjoy acting, which is why I plan to go to school for theatre in the fall.
Last edited by The United Thingys on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
( O.o)
(> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig
Economic Left: -9.38-9.62
Social Libertarian:-7.38-8.72

The United Communist Solar Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Communist Solar Republic » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

I collect unique cola/soda cans for some unknown reason.

Jamaicaland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamaicaland » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm

I like building model cars and helicopters.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm

I play Sims, draw, enthuse in various ways over various mythologies and religions, read, roleplay, listen to music, invent characters, contemplate the universe, daydream... just to name a few.

Oh, and of course, NationStates.
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Kushtor
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kushtor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm a furfag.
- Rights and freedoms are only as good as what you do with them.
-Better to be a parasitic looter than a malignant narcissist.
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59
Patriotic Social Democrat
Nationalistic(4%) Secular(64%) Visionary(27%) Anarchistic(20%) Communistic(9%) Pacifist(7%) Ecological(26%)
'Post-Modern'

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm

I wallow in self-pity.

And occasionally I'll play video games or read webcomics.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm

I don't really have hobbies. Unless NS and listening to music count.

Rereumrari
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rereumrari » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

I play the guitar. Definitely a pretty normal, but awesome hobby.
The political compass is a lie.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Imsogone wrote:So Angelina Jolie collects daggers, Tom Cruise fences and Johnny Depp collects Barbie dolls (Barbie dolls?).

I collect cookie cutters, teapots, Iron Man comic books and knives (hunting knives) and I play Diablo II and III and Mass Effect I, II and III. I also raise tarantulas and snakes (actually just snake -singular). Oh and when the budget and the mood strike me, I go antiquing.

What are your hobbies? Do you consider them strange? Do others consider them strange? Or are you just a normal, average person like me?

GAHAHAHAHA ANTIQUING

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Imsogone wrote:So Angelina Jolie collects daggers, Tom Cruise fences and Johnny Depp collects Barbie dolls (Barbie dolls?).

GAHAHAHAHA ANTIQUING

I figure it's perfectly appropriate considering I am an antique.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Thafoo wrote:GAHAHAHAHA ANTIQUING

I just love that word. It is such and old person thing

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

I just love that word. It is such and old person thing

Your point being ...?

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Thafoo wrote:GAHAHAHAHA ANTIQUING

If you are an antique, wouldn't buying more antiques be like the antique equivalent of human trafficking?

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Olthar wrote:
Imsogone wrote:

If you are an antique, wouldn't buying more antiques be like the antique equivalent of human trafficking?

Again, your point being ... ?

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Olthar wrote:If you are an antique, wouldn't buying more antiques be like the antique equivalent of human trafficking?

Again, your point being ... ?

Oh, no point. I was just curious.

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 pm

All of my hobbies are insipid and dull, unfortunately.

I've been making some progress on the disproof of odd perfect numbers. I can see how the proof should conclude, but there are some important assertions that I need to justify beforehand.

Other than that, I read quite often; typically economics treatise, micro-finance studies or books on the history of East Asia. That's about it.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

I make music, poetry and scripts...

And then I shove them in a drawer and play video games and shiznit until I die...
And so it was, that I had never changed.

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 pm

I sleep and eat pizza.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 pm

All those outdoor sports that end in "-in" I'm pretty into. Huntin', fishin', hikin', shootin', mudboggin', skiin', etc.

Alongside that I'd like to consider myself a gun collector (at this point the collection doesn't have much of a direction, but I'll just go with the "Collect ALL the guns!" motto for now.) and I'm a neophyte reloader that'd like to get into that more if I had more money for equipment and more time to get help from folks.

Finally, I'm into cigars rather big-time. It's the last of my real guilty pleasures. Had no trouble quitting cigarettes but have been completely incapable of stopping cigars. They're just too delicious!

None of those are very odd for where I live excepting the cigar smoking. I can imagine for some other places they might get looked on oddly (can't imagine anyone in LA does much mudbogging, but who knows right?).
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

I collect Transformers toys.
Such heroic nonsense!

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Writing in emo notebooks, NS roleplaying, and discussing the validity of bacon tacos with my pals.
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Pimpin' and bangin' hoes.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 pm

I like, listen to, and collect old time radio shows. I particularly like X Minus One, The Shadow, and The Green Hornet. But, I listen to a wide range of them.

My daily driver is a vintage Volkswagen, so that might be considered a hobby. Or obsession. Or an albatross. Really depends on who you talk to.

I film a webseries that stars nothing but anthropomorphic RC trucks and cars...I mean, filming shit is my job, too, but not as a cameraman (as will become evident) with a shitty second hand DSLR, this is just something I do with my brother so he can score stuff and, well, because we like doing it.

(that one, by the way, is the new 'choose your own adventure' video with multiple endings and pathways through the story...there's enough in there for a feature film. The project...kind of got carried away this time around...)

There are hobbies that I would have if I was better at my job and made more money. Cafe racer motorcycles and mopeds (yes, I said mopeds), restoring old cars, re-assembling my original almost complete Ghost Rider comics, 'carsploitation' movies, records...I'd love to have a record collection.

OOoo, yeah, really. Old technology. For some reason, love that shit. For a while I had a collection of 'shit right before it was cool,' my tv didn't have a remote, it had a 'space command' which was literally just a clicker that made a loud noise that the tv interpreted as either up and down a channel and on, loud, louder, really fucking loud, off; my stereo was not surround but quadrophonic sound, my microwave was a 'radar-range'. I'd like to have a reel to reel player as well. I'd probably become just as boring as my uncle who remasters old reel to reel easy listening recordings. I have an old 16mm projector but never gotten around to buying old 16mm films.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General