NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Bans

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
JonathanAtopia
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Gun Bans

Postby JonathanAtopia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 pm

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploa ... 805173.jpg

Sen Diane Feinstein has made a list of guns to ban. This list has unconstitutional bans. You get my opinion.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Not certain on the Constitutionality of those bans, I am certain she knows nothing about fire arms.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm

People attempt to ban unnecessary guns based on arbitrary definitions of "assault", ignore the fact that we should regulate all guns more heavily, instead of banning certain ones.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm

The Assault Weapons Ban is just a stepping stone to full ban on all semi-automatic weapons. Assault weapons are defined by purely cosmetic features, not their technical capacities.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Blazedtown wrote:The Assault Weapons Ban is just a stepping stone to full ban on all semi-automatic weapons. Assault weapons are defined by purely cosmetic features, not their technical capacities.

That is what this site believes.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Shotguns.

Because they're assault rifles, why not.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 pm

greed and death wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:The Assault Weapons Ban is just a stepping stone to full ban on all semi-automatic weapons. Assault weapons are defined by purely cosmetic features, not their technical capacities.

That is what this site believes.

Which is why I have it in my sig.
Go Vikings.

North Stradia
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Stradia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Gun control is unconstitutional and wrong.
I am a Feudo-capitalist, egoist, and a supporter of plutocracy.
R.I.P. Sark, the last feudalist State in the world, born 933, died 2008
Economic Left/Right: +9.89
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +8.12
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neocon: +5.88
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: +2.90

Ragnarsdomr
Minister

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragnarsdomr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Banning 'American Spirit'?

I think we see the problem here, gentlemen. She's trying to keep Hippostania out of your country.
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

Conservative Morality wrote:By accepting yourself and who you are. Accept violence. Accept aggression. Accept dominance. Not as a man, but as a human. Accept conflict, and find a place for it in life. Neither deny nor revel in it. Revel in one thing and one thing only: humanity. What higher goal is there, after all? Embrace who you are, what you are, and what you can be. Throw off the shackles of shame, refuse self-loathing, refuse misandry, refuse misogyny, refuse misanthropy, instead, love what you are. Love mankind, love man and woman, and love yourself.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
greed and death wrote:That is what this site believes.

Which is why I have it in my sig.

Did not notice that.
Barack Obama

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Yup. It's nothing but an attempt to use the public's ignorance of "Evil Black Rifles" get the camel's nose under the tent.
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --General George S. Patton

If You're A Fellow Ham, TG me!!!
KF7LCE

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Geez, if she wants to ban Saigas, why not just ban every other non-pump-action shotgun out there?

Parts of this list are lulzy.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:43 pm

.22 LR Carbine.

Definitely an assault weapon.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Last I checked, the M82 isn't an AR-15 pattern assault rifle. Neither is the HK 91. Nor the various CETMEs. Or the FAL. Or the AUG. Or the PS90. And so on and so forth.
Really, this whole list is "let's ban all those scary looking military rifles we see in video games and movies!"

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Vareiln wrote:Last I checked, the M82 isn't an AR-15 pattern assault rifle. Neither is the HK 91. Nor the various CETMEs. Or the FAL. Or the AUG. Or the PS90. And so on and so forth.
Really, this whole list is "let's ban all those scary looking military rifles we see in video games and movies!"

Yep. Its totally arbitrary and not based in reality.
Go Vikings.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Vareiln wrote:Last I checked, the M82 isn't an AR-15 pattern assault rifle. Neither is the HK 91. Nor the various CETMEs. Or the FAL. Or the AUG. Or the PS90. And so on and so forth.

But it has the pistol grip and everything! :P

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Clearly, it's a baby-skull seeking full-auto dragon's breath saturday night special street sweeping assault weapon machinepistol machine gun assault rifle.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Vareiln wrote:

Clearly, it's a baby-skull seeking full-auto dragon's breath saturday night special street sweeping assault weapon machinepistol machine gun assault rifle.

I know someone has to be off their gourd to do a school shooting, but if they tried to do one with an M107... they're just about beyond hope.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

I'm surprised the BFG-9000 isn't on the list.
Go Vikings.

I Want to Smash Them All
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Public service announcement

Postby I Want to Smash Them All » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

with guitar!

Without commenting on the wisdom, desirability, or constitutionality of Senator Feinstein's proposal, here is some (hopefully) useful context:

Last edited by I Want to Smash Them All on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye. I have scrambled my password. Bob Mould, Stupid Now; Tom Waits, I Don't Want to Grow Up; Pixies, Hey; Cracker, Turn On Tune In Drop Out With Me; The Jesus and Mary Chain, Reverence; L7, Shove; Liz Phair, Polyester Bride; Jane's Addiction, Ain't No Right; Amanda Fucking Palmer, Want It Back; Hole, Violet; Butthole Surfers, Pepper; Grateful Dead, New, New Minglewood Blues; Woody Guthrie's I Ain't Got No Home performed by Bruce Springsteen

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

The Constitution says that you have the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify which ones. Which means that it falls to the government—whether that be state or federal—to determine which arms you do have the right to bear. A single-shot pistol is still technically a firearm, after all.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Least the ignorant **** Left my friggin glocks alone.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:The Constitution says that you have the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify which ones. Which means that it falls to the government—whether that be state or federal—to determine which arms you do have the right to bear. A single-shot pistol is still technically a firearm, after all.

Should it be a totally arbitrary decision based on which ones are scary looking? Or do think it should based on reasonable restrictions like very tightly restricting access to fully automatic weapons?
Go Vikings.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm

JonathanAtopia wrote:You get my opinion.

Ok, when? Is it that they are unconstitutional? If so, then explain why. That's how NSG works: present a claim, back it with evidence and an argument.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:The Constitution says that you have the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify which ones. Which means that it falls to the government—whether that be state or federal—to determine which arms you do have the right to bear. A single-shot pistol is still technically a firearm, after all.

Should it be a totally arbitrary decision based on which ones are scary looking? Or do think it should based on reasonable restrictions like very tightly restricting access to fully automatic weapons?

Actually, I think it should be reasonable. Unfortunately, we live in a system where we allow politicians to make decisions for us.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General