NATION

PASSWORD

Israel-Palestine conflict

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Volnotova wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:(Palestinians) It is their ancient homeland as well, they want part of that land to be theirs entirely, you know the areas where their people live. They are entitled to have their home, as are the Israelis.

They can live in Israel or pack their stuff and move to Jordan(/other countries).

Why should they? They've lived there far longer then the State of Israel has existed, why should they move and not the Jews?
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Saruhan wrote:
Volnotova wrote:
They can live in Israel or pack their stuff and move to Jordan(/other countries).

Why should they? They've lived there far longer then the State of Israel has existed, why should they move and not the Jews?

The Jews should live in Siberia, Russia set aside a spot just for them.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

North Stradia
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Stradia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
North Stradia wrote:Peacefully.

Noble means, I agree. But how, specifically?

Tell them that ALL sanctions and blockades will be lifted if a fair, free, internationally observed election is allowed to take place.

Just an idea.
I am a Feudo-capitalist, egoist, and a supporter of plutocracy.
R.I.P. Sark, the last feudalist State in the world, born 933, died 2008
Economic Left/Right: +9.89
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +8.12
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neocon: +5.88
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: +2.90

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm

North Stradia wrote:
Sulamalik wrote:

Tell them that ALL sanctions and blockades will be lifted if a fair, free, internationally observed election is allowed to take place.

Just an idea.

And both, the governments of Egypt and Israel will jump for joy and agree wholeheartedly with this proposal, right?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Nicer potlimitomaha wrote:
North Stradia wrote:Here's my opinion.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hamas has an 83% disapproval rating in Gaza. But Hamas has banned elections.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You can't end something that never existed in the first place.

Hamas has BANNED elections. The only place in the middle east where Palestinians can vote is Israel.

The official Palestinian constitution states that any Jew found in Palestine would be put to death. And Israel would not exist.

They were offered that. There response was KILL THE JEWS.

tell us more about your support for settelments

are the west bank still KILL THE JEWS
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

North Stradia wrote:
Sulamalik wrote:

Just an idea.

Hamas is the democratically elected government in Gaza, though. The majority of Palestians in the city support the Islamists if I recall my Al Jazeera/Wikipedia studies correctly, which I most likely didn't.
Last edited by Sulamalik on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Saruhan wrote:Why should they? They've lived there far longer then the State of Israel has existed, why should they move and not the Jews?

Honestly, I don't get how most solutions inevitable lead to one group of people moving. How about we go with the novel fucking idea of just letting people living in peace and negotiating like fucking civilised people for once?
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Saruhan wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:The Jews should live in Siberia, Russia set aside a spot just for them.

Honestly, I don't get how most solutions inevitable lead to one group of people moving. How about we go with the novel fucking idea of just letting people living in peace and negotiating like fucking civilised people for once?

Because then there'd be no possibility to bomb people in the name of Human Rights! Duh!
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
...yes?

How about fucking no mass genocide of an entire ethnic group thank you very much. Palestine Exists. Palestinians Exist. They will continue to Exist. So deal with that fact.

Or. If you do want them dead, go get a gun and start killing, or get the IDF to do so, either way lets see how long you peace plan lasts in practice.

I'm not biased, I'd just kill all the humans.

That's the only way I see this thing coming to an end.

So, in an obviously roundabout way, I'm saying I really don't see a solution to the Is-Pan crisis (trademarked).

It's just a fucking deadlock until something radical and unexpected changes the game, so we might as well not even fake like we have solutions.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Volnotova wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:(Palestinians) It is their ancient homeland as well, they want part of that land to be theirs entirely, you know the areas where their people live. They are entitled to have their home, as are the Israelis.

How about no, Its their land as well, they want some of it back for themselves, they deserve it. So no they should not leave for other countries, they should have their own.
(Secularists) They are entitled to speak their opinions and state positions,

I am no saying they are not entitled to that.

Really? you attitude suggests it, you know the whole leave if you dont like it scenario you have in mind.

...as does anyone in the so called only functional democracy of the Middle east. So no they should not leave for another country if they want their home to be secular. They will state that they want it to be so.

Sorry, but I do not respect view points supporting the (total) dismantling of the inherent Jewish nature of the State of Israel.[/quote]
So wanting a secular community that is not ruled over by a single religion but instead representing all is destroying jewish culture and the Israeli state? Please, that's a load of crap. If we use that Logic then every Christian Nation that became secular destroyed Christianity and thus the Holy See is the only Christian State in the world because all others have destroyed their values and traditions for accepting other religions into their society.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Saruhan wrote:Honestly, I don't get how most solutions inevitable lead to one group of people moving. How about we go with the novel fucking idea of just letting people living in peace and negotiating like fucking civilised people for once?

Because then there'd be no possibility to bomb people in the name of Human Rights! Duh!

Our freedom will blow you away

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Saruhan wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

Our freedom will blow you away

:rofl:

Touche, mucho touche good sir :D

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Saruhan wrote:Honestly, I don't get how most solutions inevitable lead to one group of people moving. How about we go with the novel fucking idea of just letting people living in peace and negotiating like fucking civilised people for once?

On a more serious note - do what Dagestan does - have each ethnic group represented in Parliament, where each group can stop all of the other groups from acting. Trust me, once their constituents start lacking things like food, they'll start getting along rather quickly. Case in point - Dagestan.

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Volnotova wrote:
If there is no Palestine then there is no need for a peace agreement, now is there?

If there is no Palestine alot of Arabs will suffer.

I do not deny that their are (practically) racist (anti-Arab) elements within Israeli society, of course we can cut down on that.

Souseiseki wrote:
Volnotova wrote:
If there is no Palestine then there is no need for a peace agreement, now is there?

i dunno man, i don't think people will be happy with your "fuck you palestine" plan

Let's assume for a moment that (most) Palestinians (in general) just want to live their lifes in peace.

Is a Palestinian state a requirement for that? No.

The proposal goes as follows: They will be offered (a form of) Israeli citizenship in return for accepting and affirming the Jewish nature of the State of Israel (and of course, abiding by its laws).

Of course it will be widely opposed, why? Because this isn't about "Palestine" this is about destroying Israel (mostly), and preferably purging the region of (any) Jewish influences.

You think the conflict will end with a Palestinian state? It won't. It won't end even if every settlement is razed and Israel returns to 1967 borders. It won't end even if Israel concedes the entirety of east and west Jerusalem. It won't end even if ALL territories with a Palestinian/Muslim Arab plurality are handed over to the Palestinian authorities.

This conflict will end when either of the two parties simply seize to exist in their entirety.

Sulamalik wrote:
Volnotova wrote:

Yes because there will still be Palestinians.

*Arabs (mostly)

North Stradia wrote:
Volnotova wrote:

Well, there is Palestine.

States cannot be made to seize to exist?

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Volnotova wrote:

So kill all the Palestinians and salt the earth with their remains?

I do not advocate genocide.
A very exclusive and exceptional ice crystal.

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

Republic of Neighpal
Attaché

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Neighpal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 pm

israel and palestine are not mutually exclusive to each other. the main problem is netanyahu's right-wing conglomerate that range from just anti palestine to jewish nazis who'd rather prefer that palestinians just be wiped out en masse.

i'd also say oust hamas from power in gaza but since the UN doesn't have a pair of balls in the entire organization, that's a moot point.

wierdly enough, the israeli elections just finished and the right-wing and left-wing parties bath have exactly 60 seats in the 120 member parliament.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Saruhan wrote:Our freedom will blow you away

You have no idea how long i've stored that particular gem up there

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Saruhan wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

You have no idea how long i've stored that particular gem up there

For what it's worth, I fell off my chair laughing. And judging by how I-P threads go on NSG, that's likely to be the highlight of the thread :D

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Volnotova wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:So kill all the Palestinians and salt the earth with their remains?

I do not advocate genocide.
Well Palestine is only going to disappear in one way. If all of the Palestinians are dead. So your statement of if there is no Palestine there is no need for a peace agreement suggests otherwise.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Nicer potlimitomaha
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicer potlimitomaha » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
North Stradia wrote:Tell them that ALL sanctions and blockades will be lifted if a fair, free, internationally observed election is allowed to take place.

Just an idea.

Hamas is the democratically elected government in Gaza, though. The majority of Palestians in the city support the Islamists if I recall my Al Jazeera/Wikipedia studies correctly, which I most likely didn't.

Hamas is at an 83% disapproval rating in Gaza. THey were elected and then BANNED voting.
Joined in 2012. Recently rejoined after a 6 year pause.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Sulamalik wrote:

Hamas is at an 83% disapproval rating in Gaza. THey were elected and then BANNED voting.

Sauce for that pasta?

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Sulamalik wrote:

Cool,

I hate for the cliche, but could I get a link for that 83% stat?
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

Nicer potlimitomaha
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicer potlimitomaha » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:56 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Saruhan wrote:Why should they? They've lived there far longer then the State of Israel has existed, why should they move and not the Jews?

That's what Hitler said in order to pull off the Holocaust.
That's what you say in order to pull off "insert the answer here".
Joined in 2012. Recently rejoined after a 6 year pause.

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Souseiseki wrote:

tell us more about your support for settelments

are the west bank still KILL THE JEWS

If it was up to many among the Palestinian(/Arab) there would be no more Jews in the Levant.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Really? you attitude suggests it, you know the whole leave if you dont like it scenario you have in mind.

I said they are entitled to their opinions, not that I respect those.

So wanting a secular community that is not ruled over by a single religion but instead representing all is destroying jewish culture and the Israeli state? Please, that's a load of crap. If we use that Logic then every Christian Nation that became secular destroyed Christianity and thus the Holy See is the only Christian State in the world because all others have destroyed their values and traditions for accepting other religions into their society.

They (those that want to see Israel turned into a secular state, and thus in principle not a Jewish one) want exactly that.

Sorry, but I have seen the wonders of multiculturalism and secularism in the west, I am not saying it is bad, but I do not want to see it happening in Israel. If we willingly reject our principles, our believes, our culture for the sake of accomodating people that very well could just move to other countries (including in the region) then we might as pull the plug entirely.

There are dozens of secularist nations out there, including arab ones.

Yet there is only one (oficially) Jewish state.
A very exclusive and exceptional ice crystal.

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Saruhan wrote:

Sauce for that pasta?

Sulamalik wrote:

Cool,

You might hate cliche, but what's your opinion on Ninjas? :P

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Saruhan wrote:Sauce for that pasta?

Sulamalik wrote:
Cool,

You might hate cliche, but what's your opinion on Ninjas? :P

Damn colonials, dressing up in black 'n shit

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General