NATION

PASSWORD

Israel-Palestine conflict

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
North Stradia
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Israel-Palestine conflict

Postby North Stradia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:18 pm

The elections in Israel have got me thinking about this.

As (I hope) you know, there has been a long-running conflict between Israel and Palestine. The conflict is immensely complex, and there are many legitimate arguments to support both sides. Countless proposals have been brought up on how to solve the conflict. For example, some call for a "two-state solution", in which Gaza and the West Bank become independent from Israel, and Israel itself continues to exist. Others support a "one-state solution", in which Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank are united into one state, which would be Arab, Jewish, or secular, depending on who you ask.

Here's my opinion.

End all Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
Remove Hamas from power.
Secularize Israel. End all discrimination against Arabs.
Allow the residents of Gaza and the West Bank to determine their own future, in free, democratic, internationally observed referenda.

I'd like to see Israel, Gaza and the West Bank united into one secular state where Arabs and Jews are treated equally. However, if Gaza and the West Bank prefer independence, or some other situation, they should get that.

What do you think?
I am a Feudo-capitalist, egoist, and a supporter of plutocracy.
R.I.P. Sark, the last feudalist State in the world, born 933, died 2008
Economic Left/Right: +9.89
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +8.12
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neocon: +5.88
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: +2.90

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm

i need to go to bed and this is probably going to be a trainwreck but oh well while i'm here i want to pre-empt all the hilarious arguments with this image

lol divair

spoilered for all the 56k people out there!!!
Last edited by Souseiseki on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm

No Palestinian State, in one form or another.
No concessions of any kind.

And secularize Israel? Over my dead body. There are plenty of secular states out there, why don't the securalists just pack their stuff and leave if they dislike Judaism and Jewish culture so much?
A very exclusive and exceptional ice crystal.

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Turn it into new atlantis.

Act like that lake was always in that spot.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Reclaim the holy land from the infidel saracen, desu vult etc.
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Volnotova wrote:No Palestinian State, in one form or another.

And secularize Israel? Over my dead body. There are plenty of secular states out there, why don't the securalists just pack their stuff and leave if they dislike Judaism and Jewish culture so much?

no concessions of any kind, sounds reasonable. you will lead us to peace.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure. There won't be a territorial dispute if its a crater filled with radioactive waste.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

(Palestinians) It is their ancient homeland as well, they want part of that land to be theirs entirely, you know the areas where their people live. They are entitled to have their home, as are the Israelis.
(Secularists) They are entitled to speak their opinions and state positions, as does anyone in the so called only functional democracy of the Middle east. So no they should not leave for another country if they want their home to be secular. They will state that they want it to be so.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

KILL ALL DA INFIDELZ AMIRITE

My opinion:

West Bank and Gaza will go to Palestine, Israel gets to keep everything else they occupy and cannot declare war unless their allies do so first and the conflict is not in the Middle East, or they are attacked.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Souseiseki wrote:

no concessions of any kind, sounds reasonable. you will lead us to peace.

If there is no Palestine then there is no need for a peace agreement, now is there?

A surrealistic alien entity stretched thin across the many membranes of the multiverse.
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:You are the most lawful neutral person I have ever witnessed.

Polruan wrote:It's like Humphrey Applebee wrote a chapter of the Talmud in here.

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm sure your plan for peace will extend far beyond the confines of this internet sub-forum.
Last edited by Sulamalik on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Volnotova wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:no concessions of any kind, sounds reasonable. you will lead us to peace.

If there is no Palestine then there is no need for a peace agreement, now is there?

If there is no Palestine alot of Arabs will suffer.

Esternial wrote:

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Or their ex' car.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Volnotova wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:no concessions of any kind, sounds reasonable. you will lead us to peace.

So kill all the Palestinians and salt the earth with their remains?
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Volnotova wrote:

Yes because there will still be Palestinians.

North Stradia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Stradia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Volnotova wrote:

Well, there is Palestine.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Volnotova wrote:

i dunno man, i don't think people will be happy with your "fuck you palestine" plan

I'm sure your plan for peace will extend far beyond the confines of this Internet sub-forum.

sup israel buddy, do you have a problem with the ops suggestions or do you just want to shit talk about hurrrrr internet forum?

T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Volnotova wrote:

So kill all the Palestinians and salt the earth with their remains?

...yes?
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Souseiseki wrote:
Volnotova wrote:

i dunno man, i don't think people will be happy with your "fuck you palestine" plan

I'm sure your plan for peace will extend far beyond the confines of this Internet sub-forum.

sup israel buddy, do you have a problem with the ops suggestions or do you just want to shit talk about hurrrrr internet forum?

Sulamalik supports Palestine I think.

Esternial wrote:

Or their ex' car.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Souseiseki wrote:
Volnotova wrote:

I find the proposal to remove Hamas from power to be a bit on the vague side.

Am I cool yet?

North Stradia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Stradia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:

Am I cool yet?

Peacefully.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

North Stradia wrote:The elections in Israel have got me thinking about this.

As (I hope) you know, there has been a long-running conflict between Israel and Palestine. The conflict is immensely complex, and there are many legitimate arguments to support both sides. Countless proposals have been brought up on how to solve the conflict. For example, some call for a "two-state solution", in which Gaza and the West Bank become independent from Israel, and Israel itself continues to exist. Others support a "one-state solution", in which Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank are united into one state, which would be Arab, Jewish, or secular, depending on who you ask.

Here's my opinion.

Remove Hamas from power.
Secularize Israel. End all discrimination against Arabs.
Allow the residents of Gaza and the West Bank to determine their own future, in free, democratic, internationally observed referenda.

I'd like to see Israel, Gaza and the West Bank united into one secular state where Arabs and Jews are treated equally. However, if Gaza and the West Bank prefer independence, or some other situation, they should get that.

What do you think?

The baby is your proposal. The hurdle is what he has to lift. And yes, those thingies on the end - they're real.

In other words, your proposal has:

I think you need to brush up on the region's history, and then make a proposal. Cause your proposal is equivalent of someone saying, "well golly geez, just tell generals to always enforce human rights, and everything will be just fine and dandy!"

Do I like your proposal? Seems ok. The problem is, it's practically impossible to implement.
Last edited by Shofercia on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Nicer potlimitomaha
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicer potlimitomaha » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Here's my opinion.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Remove Hamas from power.

Hamas has an 83% disapproval rating in Gaza. But Hamas has banned elections.

Secularize Israel.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

End all discrimination against Arabs.

You can't end something that never existed in the first place.

Hamas has BANNED elections. The only place in the middle east where Palestinians can vote is Israel.

I'd like to see Israel, Gaza and the West Bank united into one secular state where Arabs and Jews are treated equally.

The official Palestinian constitution states that any Jew found in Palestine would be put to death. And Israel would not exist.

However, if Gaza and the West Bank prefer independence, or some other situation, they should get that.

They were offered that. There response was KILL THE JEWS. [/quote]
Last edited by Nicer potlimitomaha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined in 2012. Recently rejoined after a 6 year pause.

Sulamalik
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

North Stradia wrote:
Sulamalik wrote:

Am I cool yet?

Peacefully.

Noble means, I agree. But how, specifically?
Last edited by Sulamalik on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volnotova
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volnotova » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:(Palestinians) It is their ancient homeland as well, they want part of that land to be theirs entirely, you know the areas where their people live. They are entitled to have their home, as are the Israelis.

They can live in Israel or pack their stuff and move to Jordan(/other countries).

(Secularists) They are entitled to speak their opinions and state positions,

I am no saying they are not entitled to that.

...as does anyone in the so called only functional democracy of the Middle east. So no they should not leave for another country if they want their home to be secular. They will state that they want it to be so.

Sorry, but I do not respect view points supporting the (total) dismantling of the inherent Jewish nature of the State of Israel.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:So kill all the Palestinians and salt the earth with their remains?

...yes?

How about no fucking mass genocide of an entire ethnic group thank you very much. Palestine Exists. Palestinians Exist. They will continue to Exist. So deal with that fact.

Or. If you do want them dead, go get a gun and start killing, or get the IDF to do so, either way lets see how long you peace plan lasts in practice.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General