NATION

PASSWORD

What is your sexuality? For people who are not closed minded

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your sexuality?

Straight
57%
Gay or Lesbian
12%
Bisexual
16%
Asexual
7%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 840

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Zweite Alaje wrote:> Trans thinks their something they're not

No, they're generally perfectly aware of what their situation is. They have the brain circuitry that would go with the set of genitals which unfortunately is not the one they have.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Straight

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:
Zweite Alaje wrote:> Trans thinks their something they're not

No, they're generally perfectly aware of what their situation is. They have the brain circuitry that would go with the set of genitals which unfortunately is not the one they have.

Please, no one start attacking me and yelling at me and stuff. I just have a question.

Sex is determined by whether or not you have a y-chromosome. Males have y-chromosomes, females have x-chromosomes.
So, since a male has an x chromosome, I can understand male to female transsexuality, but where's the "brain circuitry" come from for female to male transsexuality?
It was actually Ende's monkey comment that made me think of this first, but I didn't ask it right away.

And, again, please, anyone who is reading this - do not attack me for asking an honest question.
Last edited by Tlaceceyaya on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

I am a male homosexual. Nothing too interesting :P
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Tmutarakhan wrote:No, they're generally perfectly aware of what their situation is. They have the brain circuitry that would go with the set of genitals which unfortunately is not the one they have.

Please, no one start attacking me and yelling at me and stuff. I just have a question.

Sex is determined by whether or not you have a y-chromosome. Males have y-chromosomes, females have x-chromosomes.
So, since a male has an x chromosome, I can understand male to female transsexuality, but where's the "brain circuitry" come from for female to male transsexuality?
It was actually Ende's monkey comment that made me think of this first, but I didn't ask it right away.

And, again, please, anyone who is reading this - do not attack me for asking an honest question.

Because personality isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Olthar wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:Please, no one start attacking me and yelling at me and stuff. I just have a question.

Because personality isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.

No, but the differences between men and women are. I can understand male to female, but females outright lack the y-chromosome to have any of the male-specific characteristics.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Tmutarakhan wrote:No, they're generally perfectly aware of what their situation is. They have the brain circuitry that would go with the set of genitals which unfortunately is not the one they have.

Not an expert, but: both female and male bodies produce both estrogens and androgens. The genes for the hormones themselves and for the side-effects which they induce in various parts of the body are not actually on the X or the Y chromosomes. Those chromosomes contain master switches which are supposed to control the proportions in which the estrogenic and androgenic traits are expressed, but things don't always proceed according to the master plan.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Olthar wrote:Because personality isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.

No, but the differences between men and women are. I can understand male to female, but females outright lack the y-chromosome to have any of the male-specific characteristics.

Only the physical differences are in them. Personality still isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:01 pm

The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Pansexuality is having a sexual attraction with no regards to gender. Essentially, its being bisexual, except more inclusive of people outside the gender binary.

Ah. Well, that's still confusing, but I guess good enough considering the circumstances. Thanks for not cussing me out like everyone else in the thread. : P
There isn't a single swear word in Bottle's reply to you.

Bottle wrote:Do you really think YOU are helping?

You are telling gay people that, because some ignorant and bigoted non-gay people choose to stereotype all gay people, the onus is on GAY PEOPLE to change their behavior.

Aside from the whole issue of blaming the victims, are you aware that your idea does not work? Like, ever?

Do you really think that the reason there is a stereotype of black people being lazy and shiftless is because black people actually are lazy and shiftless, and the solution is for black people to make sure they are never seen resting or sleeping because they will be causing the problem?

Do you really think the reason women are stereotyped as being weak and helpless is because women really are weak and helpless, and the solution is for women to never ask for help with anything ever or else they are at fault for causing the stereotype?

You know who is to blame for perpetuating the stereotypes you are complaining about?

YOU.

Seriously. You, and people like you, are the major problem, because you are supporting, encouraging, and agreeing with the bullshit culture that entitles people to judge all gay people based on what one gay person does, instead of viewing gay people as individuals. When a straight man strips down and covers himself in body paint, nobody tells him he's contributing to an impression of all straight men as sick deviants, even though straight men do this every bit as often as gay men. Stop making messes and then demanding other people clean them up. You are the problem.

I'd find a picture of a scarecrow, but at this point I don't think there's any point in telling people to deal with the actual bigots instead of going after me, whom never said half the stuff you're complaining about. Keep ranting, if it makes you feel okay.

Your arguments are such that they would easily qualify you to be 'dealt with' by these 'people'. Your argument is akin to "Well, what was she wearing, out so late on a Saturday?".

Zweite Alaje wrote:
Olthar wrote:It's only a problem in your mind. Transsexuals aren't harming anyone, especially not for simply existing.

I never implied that they were. I'm stating that it isn't an acceptable way of thinking, we shouldn't feed into people's whims of some identity conjured up in their heads.

Pray tell, what danger awaits if we accept the 'way of thinking' that other people simply refer to as being mature, rational, open to scientific discovery...?

Zweite Alaje wrote:
The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Really not how it works hun.

It doesn't matter, it is the same nonetheless. Whether is genetic, mental, whatever, it is an anomaly that must not be permitted onto the stage of what is perceived as "perfectly normal" or "ok".

Why not?

The Truth and Light wrote:
Zweite Alaje wrote:
It doesn't matter, it is the same nonetheless. Whether is genetic, mental, whatever, it is an anomaly that must not be permitted onto the stage of what is perceived as "perfectly normal" or "ok".

I am confused. You admit to have total, ridiculously complete ignorance to how transgender psychology works. You don't know where it comes from, you don't know how they think, you don't know what causes it, common traits, chemical affects, or anything else that is possible used in clinical psychology to classify, understand, and analyze personality types, trauma, disorders, or anything like that.

And despite your ignorance, despite your lack of knowledge on the subject and apparent lack of experience interacting with transgender people, you go ahead and say, "FUCK ALL YALL" to the scientific, psychiatric, neuroscientific, genetic, and transgender communities. And what do you go with? "Oh it's just not common, so it's can't be considered good."

You have committed the worst, most disgusting genetic fallacy I have ever seen.

Welcome to Alaje. Fascistic ideas, or semblances thereof, are par for the course.

Zweite Alaje wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:I am confused. You admit to have total, ridiculously complete ignorance to how transgender psychology works. You don't know where it comes from, you don't know how they think, you don't know what causes it, common traits, chemical affects, or anything else that is possible used in clinical psychology to classify, understand, and analyze personality types, trauma, disorders, or anything like that.

And despite your ignorance, despite your lack of knowledge on the subject and apparent lack of experience interacting with transgender people, you go ahead and say, "FUCK ALL YALL" to the scientific, psychiatric, neuroscientific, genetic, and transgender communities. And what do you go with? "Oh it's just not common, so it's can't be considered good."

You have committed the worst, most disgusting genetic fallacy I have ever seen.

My reasoning isn't so much about it being "uncommon" as it is about it being illogical and not grounded in reality, no person in their right mind thinks or wants to be what they are not.
If a neat, concise, well-reviewed, broadly-supported set of facts, which are obviously supported by visible effects in public health like a decrease in suicidality (in this case), is difficult for you to accept and seems "not grounded in" your "reality", it's probably your logic that's broken. It's as true for the topic at hand as it would be for gravity, seat belts, natural selection, drunk driving, or anything else that is currently accepted by scientific consensus.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
So we should ostracize, say, people with an autistic spectrum disorder like, I don't know, Asperger's? Or how about bipolar people? After all, they suffer from disorders and, according to your logic, disorders shouldn't be seen as normal and people who suffer from them shouldn't be seen as normal either, again, if we follow your line of thinking.

Ostracize, no, that's not what I'm going for. All the disorders you listed are just that, disorders, anomalies, that are not normal and we shouldn't tell people with them they are normal. What do we do with people with illnesses? We treat them, medicine and therapy.
Medicine and therapy are available and encouraged for transsexual people, by the exact people whose acceptance of science you consider "dangerous".

Choronzon wrote:Alaje finds one icky.

Um, no.

That's not a rebuttal.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Demen 2
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen 2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Straight as a stick, yo.
'Cause music is bigger than words and wider than pictures

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Demen 2 wrote:Straight as a stick, yo.

Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Olthar wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:No, but the differences between men and women are. I can understand male to female, but females outright lack the y-chromosome to have any of the male-specific characteristics.

Only the physical differences are in them. Personality still isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.

slightly beg to differ....the production of Testosterone and Estrogen do have a slight effect on the personality of a person...HORMONES GOTTA LOVE 'EM.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Demen 2 wrote:Straight as a stick, yo.

how pretty ^_^
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Olthar wrote:Only the physical differences are in them. Personality still isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.

slightly beg to differ....the production of Testosterone and Estrogen do have a slight effect on the personality of a person...HORMONES GOTTA LOVE 'EM.

Slight affect =/= creation of

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Olthar wrote:Because personality isn't a creation of sex chromosomes.

This would probably be due to an excess consumption of estrogen carrying substances such as.....soy? if I am not mistaken....Estrogen gets into a mans body and THEY ALL WANNA BECOMES LADIES (SUPER MASSIVE GENERALIZATION)

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Olthar wrote:
Vazdania wrote:slightly beg to differ....the production of Testosterone and Estrogen do have a slight effect on the personality of a person...HORMONES GOTTA LOVE 'EM.

Slight affect =/= creation of

indeed.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Where pansexual on that poll?
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Where pansexual on that poll?

its not on there, sad day for you!

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:No, but the differences between men and women are. I can understand male to female, but females outright lack the y-chromosome to have any of the male-specific characteristics.

This would probably be due to an excess consumption of estrogen carrying substances such as.....soy? if I am not mistaken....Estrogen gets into a mans body and THEY ALL WANNA BECOMES LADIES (SUPER MASSIVE GENERALIZATION)

As an MtF transsexual, I have never eaten soy.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:Where pansexual on that poll?

its not on there, sad day for you!

Hump ALL the things?

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm a straight male, with crazy fetishes.

I'm also an Anglophilliac, but I'm trying to tone this down, because it brings back painful memories.
I'm a trans-beanstalk giantkin. My pronouns are fee/fie/foe/fum.

American nationalist

I am the infamous North California (DEATed 11/13/12). Now in the NS "Hall of Fame", or whatever
(Add 2137 posts)

On the American Revolution
Everyone should watch this video

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:11 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Vazdania wrote:its not on there, sad day for you!

Hump ALL the things?

ALL. OF. THE. THINGS. O_O However I don't see the pleasure of such actions...it looks vulgar... >_> <_< want some cake?

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Chronic Hypersomnia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Chronic Hypersomnia » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:11 pm

i'm on a list somewhere... probably.
What is love? Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more..
"society produces the criminals it deserves."

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 pm

You keep trying to ban conflict from your threads. Have you ever been in NSG?

Straight.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Vazdania wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Hump ALL the things?

ALL. OF. THE. THINGS. O_O However I don't see the pleasure of such actions...it looks vulgar... >_> <_< want some cake?

Close eyes

Enjoy sensations

Also works for impoverished strip clubs.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General