NATION

PASSWORD

Ga. mom shoots intruder 5 times, saves children

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tyriece
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyriece » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Guns don't save or take lives, people do...
Pro: Education, Democracy, Buddhism, Civil Rights, Liberalism, Philosophy, Idealism, Logic, Pacifism, Happiness, Compassion, Environment, Love, Rationalism, Liberty, Exploration, Tolerance, Diplomacy

United Aryan Asian Alliance
Envoy

Founded: Jan 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Aryan Asian Alliance » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Yes, Guns are bad. She should have let her self get raped becuase guns are never the answer!/ Sarcasm.

Uh maybe he was worried and went in to check up on them.

Oh sure, there's a cadre of strangers knocking on random peoples houses to check up on them. Yes its rational to enter a stranger's home if they don't answer the door./ More sarcasm.

Warinemachine
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Stedicules wrote:
Nu Sparta wrote:
So what your saying she shouldn't of shot him because he was just a thief and not a murderer? You break into my house your endangering my family, my sense of security, my livelihood, and my life. No matter what your actual intent is.

Good job mom!

I would rather him take my TV or something else. Why would you ever want to someone's life over a trivial thing like material wealth? Human life is far more important.

The man would have harmed her children

Conventiala
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conventiala » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:So she shot someone dead because he wanted to take her things.

Sorry, I don't particularly care for that.

Now she'll forever live with herself reliving that moment of killing that man - hope she's ok with that.

She shot someone to protect her children. A man can overpower a woman and two nine year olds, armed or not -- sorry, it is just a fact. He broke into her house and came into the closet they were hiding in. She didn't take any chances. So, it was hasty, but why should he expect special treatment for being a thief?

"I just want to steal your belongings, not hurt you or your children physically! Don't shoot!"
Proud fundamentalist.

Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic: 74%
Secular/Fundamentalist: 63%
Visionary/Reactionary: 41%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian: 43%
Communistic/Capitalistic: 35%
Pacifistic/Militaristic: 25%
Ecological/Anthropocentric: 40%

Odawara Hojo
Attaché

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Odawara Hojo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

So now that's one story of guns actually doing good to.....what? 50 instances of them being used for ill? Sorry but this one story is not going to change my view that guns cause more problems than they solve.

Fionnuala_Saoirse
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fionnuala_Saoirse » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Another thread full of posts vying to crush my faith in humanity. Great.

Long live the mob.
Stupid Telegrams Received :

- "Isn't your name the name of the female Branch of the IRA" -- Benian Republic

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

Tarvelia wrote:
Carsonalia wrote:
Christ you people are horrific. A woman defends herself and she's a murderer?

Fucking hell.

They obvious believe we don't have the right to defend our families. If someone breaks into my home with my children home, you bet I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, I WOULDN'T CARE IF HE WAS THERE TO EITHER KILL OR STEAL FROM ME, I wouldn't take the chance.

God bless America, home of the paranoid and the Second Amendment where every answer is: when in doubt, shoot first, ask questions later.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

Warinemachine wrote:
Stedicules wrote:I would rather him take my TV or something else. Why would you ever want to someone's life over a trivial thing like material wealth? Human life is far more important.

The man would have harmed her children

Unknown and unverifiable speculation.
The potential for it was however there.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Aryan Asian Alliance » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

Tyriece wrote:Guns don't save or take lives, people do...

You're right. I used a poor choice of words. Lets just be glad that the mother was able to protect her children and herself from this home invader.

Vultasia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultasia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

*Eating popcorn*
Gosh you Anglo countries are entertaining :roll:

Canadians own more guns than Americans but Canada is a lot safer.
Germans do not own guns and still safer than America.

The answer lies in an epidemic in America known as Paranoia (More severe than the fictional Hinamizawa Syndrome where the sufferer ends up killing people out of paranoia before clawing his/her own throat) and the lack of social programmes preventing people from falling into crime just to meet their needs.
Me|Secret to a man's heart
Anthem|Factbook|OvO
~Super Adorable Yandere That'll Kill You If You No Love Me~
Tarvelia wrote:Thy are both the absolute cutest and scariest nation... Yitia is a close second.

Luveria wrote:You don't understand. Your only position is to do whatever Vulty demands.

Las Palmeras wrote:The Vultasians do it better...

Hathradic States wrote:With one sentence, you have creeped me out more than my ex wife ever did.

Mr Rogers Neighbourhood wrote:I am honestly convinced you're one of the scariest nations on NationStates.

Frisivisia wrote:Evil is measured by People Killed mulitplied with Laugh Manicalness Factor plus Mustache Hilariousness Divided by kittens owned.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

Nidaria wrote:
Stedicules wrote:Yeah because the intruder was definitely intent on murdering her and her children, that's why he knocked and rang the doorbell, to see if anyone was home. He assumed nobody was and broke in.

She murdered him, plain and simple, on a hunch. yay guns.

You think that a thief would not react violently? Why should a person take that chance? Would you put your own children's lives at stake?

Would a person in their right mind force a door if a woman answered from behind the door she had a gun?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

Odawara Hojo wrote:So now that's one story of guns actually doing good to.....what? 50 instances of them being used for ill? Sorry but this one story is not going to change my view that guns cause more problems than they solve.

The Second World War would like a word, good sir...

Since it's in no way obvious, I'd just like to point out I was being facetious.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Para.
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).

French Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby French Union » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 am

Warinemachine wrote:Look guns save lives! proof proof proof!

Yeah? Thanks for posting the obvious fact that guns can save your life, or others.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 am

Vultasia wrote:*Eating popcorn*
Gosh you Anglo countries are entertaining :roll:

Canadians own more guns than Americans but Canada is a lot safer.
Germans do not own guns and still safer than America.

The answer lies in an epidemic in America known as Paranoia (More severe than the fictional Hinamizawa Syndrome where the sufferer ends up killing people out of paranoia before clawing his/her own throat) and the lack of social programmes preventing people from falling into crime just to meet their needs.

Most sources contend that Canada owns drastically fewer firearms than the US. Since I believe hunting invariably requires a permit, and 'self defence' does not constitute a valid reason for ownership over there.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Tarvelia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarvelia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 am

Odawara Hojo wrote:So now that's one story of guns actually doing good to.....what? 50 instances of them being used for ill? Sorry but this one story is not going to change my view that guns cause more problems than they solve.

http://gunssavelives.net/

The story mentioned here is like third on this list.
The Kingdom of Tarvelia + Һранве́лӷа Ҭáрвең

A post-Soviet, semi-constitutional monarchy with a strong sense of tradition. Basically just a humble, subarctic nation of (heavily armed) fishermen, lumberjacks and farmers trying to maintain their cultural identity in an increasingly cosmopolitan world.
Fiscally centrist reactionary and anti-NATO.

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 am

Stedicules wrote:
Nu Sparta wrote:
So what your saying she shouldn't of shot him because he was just a thief and not a murderer? You break into my house your endangering my family, my sense of security, my livelihood, and my life. No matter what your actual intent is.

Good job mom!

I would rather him take my TV or something else. Why would you ever want to someone's life over a trivial thing like material wealth? Human life is far more important.

Really?

What if the man attacked the family? She was hidding in a "safe place" or whatever, the robber found them and she shot him, in self defense. Whats wrong with that? :eyebrow:
Lancaster of Wessex wrote:So she shot someone dead because he wanted to take her things.

Now she'll forever live with herself reliving that moment of killing that man - hope she's ok with that.

The robber isn't dead.
Bruh.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 am

Conventiala wrote:

She shot someone to protect her children. A man can overpower a woman and two nine year olds, armed or not -- sorry, it is just a fact. He broke into her house and came into the closet they were hiding in. She didn't take any chances. So, it was hasty, but why should he expect special treatment for being a thief?

"I just want to steal your belongings, not hurt you or your children physically! Don't shoot!"

The situation doesn't justify the result, in my humble opinion.

You will disagree - fine.

It's my view, and I'll stick to it.
Lancaster.

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 am

United Aryan Asian Alliance wrote:
LOGANVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.
The Loganville mother said she didn’t initially answer when someone knocked on her door around 1 p.m. Friday. When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
He then dialed 911 and his 37-year-old wife gathered their 9-year-old twins and hid them in a crawlspace inside the home.
According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

Another case of guns saving lives. Good thing we have the second amendment.

Yay, guns are Use full for once
Wait, let's compare the amount of people who save themselves with guns and take a look at the amount of people who die by guns
:meh:
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Stedicules wrote:Yeah because the intruder was definitely intent on murdering her and her children, that's why he knocked and rang the doorbell, to see if anyone was home. He assumed nobody was and broke in.

He didn't die.

since there's no source and the article mentioned he was shot five times in the head and neck, i just assumed he'd died.
Nidaria wrote:

You think that a thief would not react violently? Why should a person take that chance? Would you put your own children's lives at stake?

because he wants your money not your life, so why take his over something like a TV or money.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 am

Gaveo wrote:The robber isn't dead.

Ah, well, that's good at least.

Yes. I care about the robber's life. Most won't, but I do.
Lancaster.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 am

Here's my million dollar question. Has anyone confirmed whether or not the robber was armed?
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 am

Stedicules wrote:
United Aryan Asian Alliance wrote:Another case of guns saving lives. Good thing we have the second amendment.

Yeah because the intruder was definitely intent on murdering her and her children, that's why he knocked and rang the doorbell, to see if anyone was home. He assumed nobody was and broke in.

I wouldn't call “rummaging through my stuff” a hunch.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 am

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
Tarvelia wrote:
They obvious believe we don't have the right to defend our families. If someone breaks into my home with my children home, you bet I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, I WOULDN'T CARE IF HE WAS THERE TO EITHER KILL OR STEAL FROM ME, I wouldn't take the chance.

God bless America, home of the paranoid and the Second Amendment where every answer is: when in doubt, shoot first, ask questions later.

God bless the sheeple, who will bend over and take it while letting others physically take what they want from them for fear of actually doing anything about it, for it might hurt someone.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Aryan Asian Alliance » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 am

http://rense.com/general76/univ.htm

http://www.cato.org/policy-report/march ... top-crimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrESAKfGmmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9o3vhKoF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blq_a_lqDBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4t1a_v9sG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1zZGe3f0mc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNZ0z1h ... 6g&index=3

I could go on if you'd like.

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 am

Clearly this is proof that guns always make us safer and we should no longer consider any gun regulation at all.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General