NATION

PASSWORD

FBI documents reveal plans to assassinate OWS activists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:In other words, have their Constitutional rights gang-raped.

Alright nice long prison setences. Anyway its Occupy wall street. Pretty close to open insurrection.

So, you want to give them long prison sentences under the misguided view that loitering is close to open insurrection?
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:In other words, have their Constitutional rights gang-raped.

Alright nice long prison setences. Anyway its Occupy wall street. Pretty close to open insurrection.

:palm: Misunderstanding of symbolism is misunderstanding. And, I suspect, just a tad deliberate.

And, just wondering, but what should they be thrown in prison for?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Warinemachine
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:Alright nice long prison setences. Anyway its Occupy wall street. Pretty close to open insurrection.

:palm: Misunderstanding of symbolism is misunderstanding. And, I suspect, just a tad deliberate.

For conspiricy to shut down wall street and the economy.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote: :palm: Misunderstanding of symbolism is misunderstanding. And, I suspect, just a tad deliberate.

Could you please point out what law makes that a federal crime?
~~~~~~~~

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote: :palm: Misunderstanding of symbolism is misunderstanding. And, I suspect, just a tad deliberate.

Are you serious right now?

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:For conspiricy to shut down wall street and the economy.

Could you please point out what law makes that a federal crime?

The goverment has a right to regulate interstate commerce.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Wamitoria wrote:

Hey man those bankers need that money or else they won't be able to spend it and the wealth won't trickle down and everybody else won't get jobs and will you stop laughing please :(

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Wamitoria wrote:

Of course I am serious.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Could you please point out what law makes that a federal crime?

The goverment has a right to regulate interstate commerce.

Still not seeing how they broke the law.
~~~~~~~~

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:The goverment has a right to regulate interstate commerce.

Still not seeing how they broke the law.

By attempting to shut down interstate commerce (wall street, the port of oakland ect) the goverment has the right to stop them

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Still not seeing how they broke the law.

By attempting to shut down interstate commerce (wall street, the port of oakland ect) the goverment has the right to stop them

Actually, no, they don't. The government has the right to regulate it, not to enforce it. Combined with the fact that it's illegal to break up a peaceful gathering—and I'm honestly not sure which of those would take precedence Constitutionally, so I might be right even if your example is valid—and it is not within the government's rights to throw them in prison.
~~~~~~~~

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:By attempting to shut down interstate commerce (wall street, the port of oakland ect) the goverment has the right to stop them

Actually, no, they don't. The government has the right to regulate it, not to enforce it. Combined with the fact that it's illegal to break up a peaceful gathering—and I'm honestly not sure which of those would take precedence Constitutionally, so I might be right even if your example is valid—and it is not within the government's rights to throw them in prison.

If it was a peacefull gathering the would have been allowing trucks into oakland harbour.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Actually, no, they don't. The government has the right to regulate it, not to enforce it. Combined with the fact that it's illegal to break up a peaceful gathering—and I'm honestly not sure which of those would take precedence Constitutionally, so I might be right even if your example is valid—and it is not within the government's rights to throw them in prison.

If it was a peacefull gathering the would have been allowing trucks into oakland harbour.

That's like saying that when someone tries to punch you, dodging is the same as punching back.
~~~~~~~~

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Actually, no, they don't. The government has the right to regulate it, not to enforce it. Combined with the fact that it's illegal to break up a peaceful gathering—and I'm honestly not sure which of those would take precedence Constitutionally, so I might be right even if your example is valid—and it is not within the government's rights to throw them in prison.

If they had been blowing up or attacking the trucks than yeah, it wouldn't have been peaceful. Oh wait, they didn't. So you're wrong.

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:If it was a peacefull gathering the would have been allowing trucks into oakland harbour.

That's like saying that when someone tries to punch you, dodging is the same as punching back.

But I believe it is.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:That's like saying that when someone tries to punch you, dodging is the same as punching back.

But I believe it is.

You believe that dodging a punch is equivalent to throwing a punch of your own?
~~~~~~~~

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:But I believe it is.

You believe that dodging a punch is equivalent to throwing a punch of your own?

If you were punched first, yes.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:You believe that dodging a punch is equivalent to throwing a punch of your own?

:palm:x100
~~~~~~~~

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm

No suprise there. They who weld the paychecks have the power to do that.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 pm

If snipers were nesscessary there is some serious stuff going down.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Are you serious right now?

Of course I am serious.

So, you honestly think that protesting for social justice amounts to a conspiracy to shut down wall street and the economy?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Warinemachine wrote:Of course I am serious.

So, you honestly think that protesting for social justice amounts to a conspiracy to shut down wall street and the economy?

Gotta keep those damn Soviet Russkie commie infiltrators down!

>:(

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:So, you honestly think that protesting for social justice amounts to a conspiracy to shut down wall street and the economy?

Gotta keep those damn Soviet Russkie commie infiltrators down!

I can hear McCarthy rolling around in his grave from here.
~~~~~~~~

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Warinemachine wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:You believe that dodging a punch is equivalent to throwing a punch of your own?

Are... you... :palm:
password scrambled

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:Gotta keep those damn Soviet Russkie commie infiltrators down!

I can hear McCarthy rolling around in his grave from here.

Oddly I have the same first name as him.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General