NATION

PASSWORD

FBI documents reveal plans to assassinate OWS activists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Abatael wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Good for you.

I was joking...

And how was I supposed to know that?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Abatael wrote:
I was joking...

And how was I supposed to know that?

Context, asking me, I don't know. You're a resourceful member of society, you can figure it out.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Abatael wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Good for you.

I was joking...

Dont reveal the joke, just go with it and keep getting more and more crazy until Wisconsin has a heart attack.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm

greed and death wrote:
Abatael wrote:
I was joking...

Dont reveal the joke, just go with it and keep getting more and more crazy until Wisconsin has a heart attack.

I don't have heart attacks; I snap and burn down large cities.
~~~~~~~~

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
greed and death wrote:Dont reveal the joke, just go with it and keep getting more and more crazy until Wisconsin has a heart attack.

I don't have heart attacks; I snap and burn down large cities.

even better nothing to make a blue state go red like killing the urban populace.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 pm

greed and death wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I don't have heart attacks; I snap and burn down large cities.

even better nothing to make a blue state go red like killing the urban populace.

True.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 pm

greed and death wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I don't have heart attacks; I snap and burn down large cities.

Nah. More people collecting welfare, since they don't exactly have homes or jobs anymore.
~~~~~~~~

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Abatael wrote:We are done here as you are failing in this.

Here is everything, if you still feel the same after this, then you're blind:

Yep, these are the friendly, non-criminal, completely legal Occupy Wall Street "protesters" we all know and love. (There's more if you want it.)

Your claim was that the OWS crowd were terrorists. You've completely failed to prove that claim.

You moved the goalposts to rapists - and found some evidence that there might have been some such crimes taking place - but such are not condoned, are not policy, and the organising voices of the OWS movement(s) have condemned such action.

So you shifted the goalposts again, to 'malefactors' - and you presented sources that suggest there may, indeed, have been wrongdoing - even crime - from people at the protests. But again such are not representative, or condoned.

You've claimed that the protests are not protests, which is a bizarre claim.

I think you're being unrealistic when you say that the other poster is 'failing' - your sources don't back the level of claim you're making, and some of those sources are very questionable.

You might also want to look up a definition for 'terrorist'.
I identify as
a problem

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:Oh come on, PressTV is the least reliable news source this side of RT.

The Guardian article only says that the FBI coordinated a "crackdown" on OWS. They didn't plan to assassinate anybody.

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck PressTV is, and they didn't post a link to any other source where we can view clips of even the redacted document. This needs some sauces.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
greed and death wrote:even better nothing to make a blue state go red like killing the urban populace.

Nah. More people collecting welfare, since they don't exactly have homes or jobs anymore.

after the fiscal cliff what welfare ?
Barack Obama

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Augarundus wrote:
Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:Oh come on, PressTV is the least reliable news source this side of RT.

The Guardian article only says that the FBI coordinated a "crackdown" on OWS. They didn't plan to assassinate anybody.

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck PressTV is, and they didn't post a link to any other source where we can view clips of even the redacted document. This needs some sauces.

PressTV is the propaganda arm of the Iranian government FYI.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Hippostania wrote:Sounds good to me, it's good to know that there were indeed plans to assasinate these domestic terrorists. Terrorists don't deserve a trial :)

Since you're neither a citizen nor a resident, you're complete lack of regard for the American legal system is fortunately unimportant.

Innocent until proven guilt, my friend. They're not terrorists unless they are tried and found guilty.

And this is another occasion on which I'm going to recommend that the poster takes a few minutes to get familiar with the the definition of 'terrorism'.
I identify as
a problem

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Abatael wrote:We are done here as you are failing in this.

Here is everything, if you still feel the same after this, then you're blind:

Yep, these are the friendly, non-criminal, completely legal Occupy Wall Street "protesters" we all know and love. (There's more if you want it.)

Your claim was that the OWS crowd were terrorists. You've completely failed to prove that claim.

You moved the goalposts to rapists - and found some evidence that there might have been some such crimes taking place - but such are not condoned, are not policy, and the organising voices of the OWS movement(s) have condemned such action.

So you shifted the goalposts again, to 'malefactors' - and you presented sources that suggest there may, indeed, have been wrongdoing - even crime - from people at the protests. But again such are not representative, or condoned.

I think you're being unrealistic when you say that the other poster is 'failing' - your sources don't back the level of claim you're making, and some of those sources are very questionable.

When did I claim they were terrorists?
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Hippostania wrote:Sounds good to me, it's good to know that there were indeed plans to assasinate these domestic terrorists. Terrorists don't deserve a trial :)

Since you're neither a citizen nor a resident, you're complete lack of regard for the American legal system is fortunately unimportant.

Innocent until proven guilt, my friend. They're not terrorists unless they are tried and found guilty.

And this is another occasion on which I'm going to recommend that the poster takes a few minutes to get familiar with the the definition of 'terrorism'.

See, you're basing your whole point in this post on the idea that the right-wingers who've been posting here have any respect at all for the American legal system when it involves an ideology they find distasteful.
~~~~~~~~

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Abatael wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=12299065#p12299065

You agreed with Hippo's nonsensical bullshit claim that they were terrorists and didn't deserve a trial.
I identify as
a problem

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:PressTV is the propaganda arm of the Iranian government FYI.

:blink: Okay, that's probably a problem.

Typically I trust RT, though...
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

See, you're basing your whole point in this post on the idea that the right-wingers who've been posting here have any respect at all for the American legal system when it involves an ideology they find distasteful.

Oh, no - not at all. I don't think Hippo has any interest at all in the American legal system, or anything about America except it's militant rightwing. Based purely on what I've seen posted.

I could be wrong, of course.
I identify as
a problem

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:See, you're basing your whole point in this post on the idea that the right-wingers who've been posting here have any respect at all for the American legal system when it involves an ideology they find distasteful.

Oh, no - not at all. I don't think Hippo has any interest at all in the American legal system, or anything about America except it's militant rightwing. Based purely on what I've seen posted.

I could be wrong, of course.

Come now, it's not fair to say he doesn't care about the left wing. It's just that he wants it ideologically exterminated. Or maybe actually exterminated; it's hard to tell with him some times.
~~~~~~~~

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Augarundus wrote:
Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:PressTV is the propaganda arm of the Iranian government FYI.

:blink: Okay, that's probably a problem.

Typically I trust RT, though...

RT is pretty bullshit as well.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 pm

I am not sure at present if the plan actually went that far - Press TV is in Iran and tensions between Iran and US are serious.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Abatael wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=12299065#p12299065

You agreed with Hippo's nonsensical bullshit claim that they were terrorists and didn't deserve a trial.

They are not terrorist they are hippies.
Terrorist deserve a trial and Constitutional protections.

Hippies get no such protections, because they would stink up the court room.
Barack Obama

Wikipedia and Universe
Senator

Founded: Jul 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikipedia and Universe » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:46 am

I'm not even going to address the topic directly, as it was clearly established to be complete rubbish well before the end of the first page of this thread. COINTELPRO is not making a comeback.

Funny, I thought the the rate of crazy nutter threads would subside and calm down at the end of the summer.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if they get pissed, they'll be a mile away- and barefoot.
Proud Member and Co-Founder of the MDISC Alliance
An ODECON Naval Analyst wrote:Superior tactics and training can in fact triumph over force of numbers and missile spam.
Bottle wrote:This is not rocket surgery, folks.
Senestrum wrote:This is relativity, the theory that takes everything we know about the world, bends it over, and fucks it to death with a spiked dildo.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:31 am

Wikipedia and Universe wrote:I'm not even going to address the topic directly, as it was clearly established to be complete rubbish well before the end of the first page of this thread. COINTELPRO is not making a comeback.

Funny, I thought the the rate of crazy nutter threads would subside and calm down at the end of the summer.

Like summer, schools are closed during winter.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

LeftNightmare
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby LeftNightmare » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 am

They weren't assassinating anybody.

However, I fully support dispersing their asses. The bottom line is they were filthy and obstructionist. They don't belong out on the streets.
Economic Left/Right: 8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69
#BENGHAZI
#FASTANDFURIOUS

Qasaqi
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qasaqi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:30 am

proof that america is just as bad as north korea except america dosen't get any international sanctions
The only Ba'ath nation on NS!

my political compass:Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62 http://tests.student.com/test.php

Social:Gandhi Economically: Mao

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General