NATION

PASSWORD

FBI documents reveal plans to assassinate OWS activists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

FBI documents reveal plans to assassinate OWS activists

Postby New West Guiana » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Released FBI documents reveal plans to assassinate OWS activists
Jason Leopold, an investigative journalist for Truth-Out, has obtained FBI documents - through the Freedom of Information Act - relating to Occupy Wall Street. Most of the pages in the documents are redacted, and show concerns of cyber threats against the financial sector. However, there are questions of assassination plots against Occupy activists in Houston, Texas. Because the documents have redactions, it is not clear who or what group was planning the assassinations.

On page 61, the section reads: “An identified [redacted] of October planned to engage in sniper attacks against protesters in Houston, Texas, if deemed necessary. An identified [redacted] had received intelligence that indicated the protesters in New York and Seattle planned similar protests in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin, Texas. [Redacted] planned to gather intelligence against the leaders of the protest groups and obtain photographs, then formulate a plan to kill the leadership via suppressed sniper rifles.”

The bottom of page 68 and the top of page 69 reads: “On October 13, 2011, writer sent via email an excerpt [redacted] regarding FBI Houston’s [redacted] to all IA’s, SSRA’s and SSA [redacted]. This [redacted] identified the exploitation of the Occupy Movement by [redacted] interested in developing a long-term plan to kill local Occupy leaders via sniper fire.” ragingchickenpress.org

HIGHLIGHTS

According to internal documents newly released by the FBI, the agency spearheaded a nationwide law enforcement effort to investigate and monitor the Occupy Wall Street movement. In certain documents, divisions of the FBI refer to the Occupy Wall Street protests as a "criminal activity" or even "domestic terrorism." The Huffington Post

The internal papers were obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice fund via a Freedom of Information Act Request. The fund, a legal nonprofit that focuses on civil rights, says it believes the 112 pages of documents, available for public viewing on its website, are only "the tip of the iceberg." The Huffington Post

Documents show the spying abuses of the FBI’s “Campus Liaison Program” in which the FBI in Albany and the Syracuse Joint Terrorism Task Force disseminated information to “sixteen different campus police officials,” and then “six additional campus police officials.” infoshop.org

Campus officials were in contact with the FBI for information on OWS. A representative of the State University of New York at Oswego contacted the FBI for information on the OWS protests and reported to the FBI on the SUNY-Oswego Occupy encampment made up of students and professors. infoshop.org

According to the new documents, the FBI began meeting with representatives of the New York Stock Exchange and other businesses as early as August 2011, a month before the Zuccotti Park protests. The Huffington Post

According to the documents, the FBI coordinated extensively with private companies, including banks that feared they could be affected by Occupy protests. The Huffington Post
FACTS & FIGURES

The Occupy Wall Street movement, which began on September 17, 2011 in New York City's Wall Street financial district has been rallying against social and economic inequality, greed, corruption and the perceived undue influence of corporations on government-particularly from the financial services sector. occupywallst.org

Among the Occupy movement's prime concerns is that large corporations and the global financial system control the world in a way that disproportionately benefits a minority, undermines democracy and is unstable. The Huffington Post

Occupy Wall Street has managed to turn the attention of America’s politicians and citizens to the dismal state of income inequality and economic mobility in the U.S. Think Progress

The Guardian

Yep our government doing everything in their power to keep us safe,.....I mean the banks safe from us. I don't really know what is the most disturbing, the fact that these documents show that the govt fears its own people (that's how its supposed to work) or the fact a peaceful movement was the planned target of FBI assassinations.

On page 61, the section reads: “An identified [redacted] of October planned to engage in sniper attacks against protesters in Houston, Texas, if deemed necessary. An identified [redacted] had received intelligence that indicated the protesters in New York and Seattle planned similar protests in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin, Texas. [Redacted] planned to gather intelligence against the leaders of the protest groups and obtain photographs, then formulate a plan to kill the leadership via suppressed sniper rifles.”
The bottom of page 68 and the top of page 69 reads: “On October 13, 2011, writer sent via email an excerpt [redacted] regarding FBI Houston’s [redacted] to all IA’s, SSRA’s and SSA [redacted]. This [redacted] identified the exploitation of the Occupy Movement by [redacted] interested in developing a long-term plan to kill local Occupy leaders via sniper fire.” ragingchickenpress.org

I'm only really rambling because simply i'm awe struck, but this is why the OWS movement was so violently suppressed by police and Russia and Iran literally mocked the US of how they handled the movement and condemning the actions taken against the protesters. OWS is a terrorist organization?

According to the new documents, the FBI began meeting with representatives of the New York Stock Exchange and other businesses as early as August 2011, a month before the Zuccotti Park protests. The Huffington Post

Yep all suspicions proven, the FBI and NYPD was simply working as a front for the banks and the billionaires who brought the world economy to a halt.
Last edited by New West Guiana on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Warinemachine
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:00 pm

No, The FBI is clamping down on a disorderly Mob that slept in the streets. In the event that what you say is true, The goverment would just be taking out a terrorist who plans to occupy wall street and take down the economy for a little.

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Warinemachine wrote:No, The FBI is clamping down on a disorderly Mob that slept in the streets. In the event that what you say is true, The goverment would just be taking out a terrorist who plans to occupy wall street and take down the economy for a little.

This is a joke
It would have cleaned the streets of rabble.
Last edited by Ralkovia on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Sounds a bit conspiracy thoery to me. Perhaps the documents actually refer to discovering a plot by a group of private citizens or another government altogether
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 pm

SaintB wrote:Sounds a bit conspiracy thoery to me. Perhaps the documents actually refer to discovering a plot by a group of private citizens or another government altogether

Still, it would have cleaned the streets of rabble.

Who dared presume that their masters might not have their best interests in their hearts.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Zathganastan
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:10 pm

No were in this document does it say that the FBI plans to kill any OWS activists nor does it clearly identify the group in question that will be carrying out the sniper attacks.All that can be gained from this document is that the FBI has information on a person of group which might be targeting the occupy movement, so until further evidence came be brought froth I see little reason to label this as an FBI assassination.
Last edited by Zathganastan on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall:I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
Shakespeare:All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;And one man in his time plays many parts
The Allied states Military, zathganastans pride and Joy:
Army: 35,000,000 armed forces
Navy: 18,000 ships
Air force: 10,000,000 air force personal
and National Marines: 8,000,000 marines
Zathgan speical forces:2,500,000 speical forces

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Operation Northwoods was planned by the government (CIA, other officials, etc) to kill innocent American citizens in terrorist attacks (Planes and ships blowing up, etc) back in 1962, in order to justify an invasion of Cuba by blaming it on them using fabricated 'evidence'. Fortunately John F. Kennedy vetoed the plan, but it does go to show you that such an alleged plan by the FBI to assassinate OWS activists, while shocking, wouldn't be that, well, .. impossible.
Last edited by Hallistar on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh come on, PressTV is the least reliable news source this side of RT.

The Guardian article only says that the FBI coordinated a "crackdown" on OWS. They didn't plan to assassinate anybody.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Hallistar wrote:Operation Northwoods was planned by the government (CIA, other officials, etc) to kill innocent American citizens in terrorist attacks (Planes and ships blowing up, etc) back in 1962, in order to justify an invasion of Cuba by blaming it on them using fabricated 'evidence'. Fortunately John F. Kennedy vetoed the plan, but it does go to show you that such a plan by the FBI to assassinate OWS activists, while shocking, wouldn't be that impossible.

And other than taking up public space, what has OWS done really? Assassinating its members would only give it more publicity and might get it to actually *do* something.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 pm

If this is true, it gives me hope for our government.

Thank you, FBI.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:If this is true, it gives me hope for our government.

Thank you, FBI.

Should be targeting Hamas defenders imo.
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Ralkovia wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:If this is true, it gives me hope for our government.

Thank you, FBI.

Government assassinations are cool when it happens to people you don't like I guess.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:
Ralkovia wrote:

Government assassinations are cool when it happens to people you don't like I guess.

Especially people who just support a group's views as opposed to actually supplying them with shit.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Greto
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm

I really doubt that the FBI was intending to go around and begin "assassinating" the leaders of the OWS movement considering it claims to not have any leaders, and besides wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just have the local police scare everyone away with horses, and water cannons, and threats of arrest?
The Western Russians wrote:Move to London and you get a fuck load of chavs shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Whereas in Scotland you get a fuck load of homeless people shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Wales and you'll get a fuck load of DRG telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Ireland you're going to get a fuck load of IRA telling you you're going to get bombed.

Readiness Level Unified Armed Forces: DEFCON 5
Terrorism Alert Level: Low

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Greto wrote:I really doubt that the FBI was intending to go around and begin "assassinating" the leaders of the OWS movement considering it claims to not have any leaders, and besides wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just have the local police scare everyone away with horses, and water cannons, and threats of arrest?

And when was the last time the news bothered to cover OWS? An assassination would only give relevance back to OWS.

Zathganastan
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zathganastan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Greto wrote:I really doubt that the FBI was intending to go around and begin "assassinating" the leaders of the OWS movement considering it claims to not have any leaders, and besides wouldn't it be cheaper for them to just have the local police scare everyone away with horses, and water cannons, and threats of arrest?

Well from the looks of the article it might not be the FBI doing the assassinating.
Evelyn Beatrice Hall:I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
Shakespeare:All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;And one man in his time plays many parts
The Allied states Military, zathganastans pride and Joy:
Army: 35,000,000 armed forces
Navy: 18,000 ships
Air force: 10,000,000 air force personal
and National Marines: 8,000,000 marines
Zathgan speical forces:2,500,000 speical forces

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Airfare, guns, vehicles, bullets, and safehouses for maybe seven people that could be passed off as mobsters or something as opposed to large police operations involving several hundred people for hours, days or maybe even weeks across dozens of major cities across the country that would attract tons of news coverage and political shitstorms is more expensive?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

Airfare, guns, vehicles, bullets, and safehouses for maybe seven people that could be passed off as mobsters or something as opposed to large police operations involving several hundred people for hours, days or maybe even weeks across dozens of major cities across the country that would attract tons of news coverage and political shitstorms is more expensive?

Wisconsin09 has a point.

The Imperial Kingdoms of Westovia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

No Evidence of FBI Assassination Plot

Postby The Imperial Kingdoms of Westovia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm

New West Guiana wrote:Released FBI documents reveal plans to assassinate OWS activists
Jason Leopold, an investigative journalist for Truth-Out, has obtained FBI documents - through the Freedom of Information Act - relating to Occupy Wall Street. Most of the pages in the documents are redacted, and show concerns of cyber threats against the financial sector. However, there are questions of assassination plots against Occupy activists in Houston, Texas. Because the documents have redactions, it is not clear who or what group was planning the assassinations.

HIGHLIGHTS

According to internal documents newly released by the FBI, the agency spearheaded a nationwide law enforcement effort to investigate and monitor the Occupy Wall Street movement. In certain documents, divisions of the FBI refer to the Occupy Wall Street protests as a "criminal activity" or even "domestic terrorism." The Huffington Post

The internal papers were obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice fund via a Freedom of Information Act Request. The fund, a legal nonprofit that focuses on civil rights, says it believes the 112 pages of documents, available for public viewing on its website, are only "the tip of the iceberg." The Huffington Post

Documents show the spying abuses of the FBI’s “Campus Liaison Program” in which the FBI in Albany and the Syracuse Joint Terrorism Task Force disseminated information to “sixteen different campus police officials,” and then “six additional campus police officials.” infoshop.org

Campus officials were in contact with the FBI for information on OWS. A representative of the State University of New York at Oswego contacted the FBI for information on the OWS protests and reported to the FBI on the SUNY-Oswego Occupy encampment made up of students and professors. infoshop.org

According to the documents, the FBI coordinated extensively with private companies, including banks that feared they could be affected by Occupy protests. The Huffington Post
FACTS & FIGURES

The Occupy Wall Street movement, which began on September 17, 2011 in New York City's Wall Street financial district has been rallying against social and economic inequality, greed, corruption and the perceived undue influence of corporations on government-particularly from the financial services sector. occupywallst.org

Among the Occupy movement's prime concerns is that large corporations and the global financial system control the world in a way that disproportionately benefits a minority, undermines democracy and is unstable. The Huffington Post

Occupy Wall Street has managed to turn the attention of America’s politicians and citizens to the dismal state of income inequality and economic mobility in the U.S. Think Progress

The Guardian

Yep our government doing everything in their power to keep us safe,.....I mean the banks safe from us. I don't really know what is the most disturbing, the fact that these documents show that the govt fears its own people (that's how its supposed to work) or the fact a peaceful movement was the planned target of FBI assassinations.

I'm only really rambling because simply i'm awe struck, but this is why the OWS movement was so violently suppressed by police and Russia and Iran literally mocked the US of how they handled the movement and condemning the actions taken against the protesters. OWS is a terrorist organization?

Yep all suspicions proven, the FBI and NYPD was simply working as a front for the banks and the billionaires who brought the world economy to a halt.

What documents did you read? Even with certain parts of the document removed, it is clear that the FBI was investigating a particular group identified as plotting to assassinate OWS leaders. This probably explains why no OWS leaders were assassinated. I am not saying that the FBI is not capable of such a thing, I am only saying that you are doing a lot of unfounded speculation.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm

FBI document: "Someone or something considered employing assassination against OWS protesters."
OP: "WHY IS THE FBI A BUNCH OF MURDEROUS SCUMBAGS??? WHY DID THEY WANT TO KILL AMERICANS??????"
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

Interesting you didn't bother including the word 'assassination' in there, given that it would cause a much huger shitstorm than a police crackdown ever could.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Tubbsalot wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Airfare, guns, vehicles, bullets, and safehouses for maybe seven people that could be passed off as mobsters or something as opposed to large police operations involving several hundred people for hours, days or maybe even weeks across dozens of major cities across the country that would attract tons of news coverage and political shitstorms is more expensive?

Interesting you didn't bother including the word 'assassination' in there, given that it would cause a much huger shitstorm than a police crackdown ever could.

I did read the word assassination. But in order for it to be established that the FBI was responsible—assuming they actually did carry out a series of assassinations—the assassins would first have to be caught, or at the very least identified. If they planned it decently, then they'd never even been seen, thus the government's role in the assassinations would never be revealed. There would be conspiracy theories, yes, but it would be like the theories that the CIA killed Kennedy.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

Warinemachine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:Interesting you didn't bother including the word 'assassination' in there, given that it would cause a much huger shitstorm than a police crackdown ever could.

I did read the word assassination. But in order for it to be established that the FBI was responsible—assuming they actually did carry out a series of assassinations—the assassins would first have to be caught, or at the very least identified. If they planned it decently, then they'd never even been seen, thus the government's role in the assassinations would never be revealed. There would be conspiracy theories, yes, but it would be like the theories that the CIA killed Kennedy.

Which brings us to the scarier point, It may be true.. but probably not.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:Interesting you didn't bother including the word 'assassination' in there, given that it would cause a much huger shitstorm than a police crackdown ever could.

So what? Doesn't have to be proven that the government is performing the assassinations for the shitstorm to occur. Assassinations are leagues above crackdowns in terms of seriousness.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Warinemachine wrote:Which brings us to the scarier point, It may be true..

No, it's definitely not true.

Whatever you think of the intel agencies they're not stupid enough to assassinate peaceful domestic protesters. That's the sort of behaviour which could get an agency shut down entirely.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General