NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What denomination are you?

Catholic,
30%
Mormon,
1%
Anglican,
4%
Orthodox,
6%
Baptist,
13%
Lutheran,
6%
Society of Friends,
1%
Episcopal,
3%
Mystic,
2%
Other
33%

Total votes : 879

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Gideus wrote:Hail Satan!

Do all you Christians, as many I know, think that LaVeyan Satanists actually worship Satan?

All that which is not of G-d, is of the devil...and worship(s) the devil...

That's just silliness.
I identify as
a problem

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sat May 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, it is, in effect. Are you saying that a protestant will adhere to will the will of the Pope?

I think you're creating a false dichotomy - there aren't two choices, either adhere to the will of the pope or ignore him.

Most protestants don't ignore the pope - they consider him to be an active servant of satan.

active servant of satan? :unsure: i don't believe many protestants do...
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat May 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
I think you're creating a false dichotomy - there aren't two choices, either adhere to the will of the pope or ignore him.

Most protestants don't ignore the pope - they consider him to be an active servant of satan.

active servant of satan? :unsure: i don't believe many protestants do...

I don't think you've attended many Protestant services, then.
I identify as
a problem

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sat May 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Vazdania wrote:active servant of satan? :unsure: i don't believe many protestants do...

I don't think you've attended many Protestant services, then.

yes i have.
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, it is, in effect. Are you saying that a protestant will adhere to will the will of the Pope?

Heh, that's one way to put it. :p

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Sat May 04, 2013 10:17 pm

They do

Do all you Christians, as many I know, think that LaVeyan Satanists actually worship Satan?

They dont.

Anyway they are not true Satanists, Luciferians are.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Vazdania wrote:

All that which is not of G-d, is of the devil...and worship(s) the devil...

Oh. Awesome! Thanks for justifying my atheistic Luciferianism!

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Rationallia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rationallia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:I think I've asked this question before, but I've never really gotten an answer.

What exactly separates the Orthodox sects from the rest of the Christian sects? What in their doctrine is different? And what separates the individual Orthodox sects?

Oh lord, that complex issue...

To give what I think is a mostly accurate, short answer, the Orthodox sect of the Christian faith invests power in the Patriarch of Constantinople and the various other patriarchs, while the Catholics invest their power in the Pope, or the Patriarch of Rome. And then there's the protestants, who ignore both.

Vazdania is right in saying that they aren't ignored. Yes the pope or similar religious is person is no different then you or I but think of Archbishops for example. They are of worth to the church in an administrative/educational way but are still not considered any holier or non-human then anyone else. They aren't ignored but aren't put up as high as Catholic's would put the pope.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 pm

The God-Realm wrote:They do

They dont.

Define "true Satanists." I am a Luciferian, for example, but also an atheist.

@}-;-'---

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Vazdania wrote:All that which is not of G-d, is of the devil...and worship(s) the devil...

Oh. Awesome! Thanks for justifying my atheistic Luciferianism!

:? youre..uhm...welcome?

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:They do
They dont.

Define "true Satanists." I am a Luciferian, for example, but also an atheist.

Those who did not label me a heretic.

Well, kidding. LaVey was a good guy but the church has devolved to the edgy club.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Oh. Awesome! Thanks for justifying my atheistic Luciferianism!

:? youre..uhm...welcome?

Well, consider this. Specific shit allegedly came from god. That means that literally everything else comes from Lucifer. Which is just awesome.

Thanks, Lou, for all the fornication and great, great drugs!

@}-;-'---

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Vazdania wrote: :? youre..uhm...welcome?

Well, consider this. Specific shit allegedly came from god. That means that literally everything else comes from Lucifer. Which is just awesome.

Lucifer has no creation power :P it does not come from the devil, it is of the devil.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:I think I've asked this question before, but I've never really gotten an answer.

What exactly separates the Orthodox sects from the rest of the Christian sects? What in their doctrine is different? And what separates the individual Orthodox sects?

Oh lord, that complex issue...

To give what I think is a mostly accurate, short answer, the Orthodox sect of the Christian faith invests power in the Patriarch of Constantinople and the various other patriarchs, while the Catholics invest their power in the Pope, or the Patriarch of Rome. And then there's the protestants, who ignore both.

And Filioque ...
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Oh lord, that complex issue...

And Filioque ...

Obviously there's a lot more to it than my half-assed explanation.

@}-;-'---

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Define "true Satanists." I am a Luciferian, for example, but also an atheist.

Those who did not label me a heretic.

Well, kidding. LaVey was a good guy but the church has devolved to the edgy club.

Wiki wrote:LaVey began presenting Friday night lectures on the occult and rituals. A member of this circle suggested that he had the basis for a new religion. On Walpurgisnacht, April 30, 1966, he ritualistically shaved his head, allegedly "in the tradition of ancient executioners", declared the founding of the Church of Satan and proclaimed 1966 as "the year one", Anno Satanas—the first year of the Age of Satan. Media attention followed the subsequent Satanic wedding ceremony of Radical journalist John Raymond to New York City socialite Judith Case on February 1, 1967. The Los Angeles Times and San Francisco Chronicle were among the newspapers that printed articles dubbing him "The Black Pope". LaVey performed Satanic baptisms (including the first Satanic baptism in history for Zeena, which garnered world-wide publicity and was originally recorded on The Satanic Mass LP)[13][14][15][16] and Satanic funerals (including one for naval machinist-repairman third-class Edward Olsen, complete with a chrome-helmeted honor guard), and released a record album entitled The Satanic Mass.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s, LaVey melded ideological influences from Friedrich Nietzsche, Ayn Rand,[17] H.L. Mencken, and Jack London with the ideology and ritual practices of the Church of Satan. He wrote essays introduced with reworked excerpts from Ragnar Redbeard’s Might is Right and concluded with “Satanized” versions of John Dee’s Enochian Keys to create books such as The Complete Witch (re-released in 1989 as The Satanic Witch), and The Satanic Rituals. The latter book also included rituals drawing on the work of H.P. Lovecraft which were actually penned by Michael A. Aquino who would later found the Temple of Set.

Due to increasing visibility through his books, LaVey was the subject of numerous articles in the news media throughout the world, including popular magazines such as Look, McCall's, Newsweek, and TIME, and men’s magazines. He also appeared on talk shows such as Joe Pyne, Phil Donahue, and Johnny Carson, and in a feature length documentary called Satanis: The Devil's Mass in 1970.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Well, consider this. Specific shit allegedly came from god. That means that literally everything else comes from Lucifer. Which is just awesome.

Lucifer has no creation power :P it does not come from the devil, it is of the devil.

Yeah, yeah, same thing.

He game me free will, and for that I am thankful.

@}-;-'---

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:And Filioque ...

Obviously there's a lot more to it than my half-assed explanation.

Just throwing in some more detail. Now it's 3/4-assed.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Vazdania wrote:Lucifer has no creation power :P it does not come from the devil, it is of the devil.

Yeah, yeah, same thing.

You would have had free will in the first place?

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Obviously there's a lot more to it than my half-assed explanation.

Just throwing in some more detail. Now it's 3/4-assed.

Maybe we can trow in something about the Pentarchy and make it 7/8-assed.

@}-;-'---

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Just throwing in some more detail. Now it's 3/4-assed.

Too bad Arch is busy with Easter this weekend.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Sat May 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Just throwing in some more detail. Now it's 3/4-assed.

does that mean a quarter of 1 butt cheek is missing? :o

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Maybe we can trow in something about the Pentarchy and make it 7/8-assed.

does that mean a quarter of 1 butt cheek is missing? :o

http://www.literature.org/authors/volta ... er-11.html

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Yeah, yeah, same thing.

You would have had free will in the first place?

I don't think you get the joke.

@}-;-'---

Cill Airne
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cill Airne » Sat May 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Cill Airne wrote:As a suggestion for the poll, I do believe it should be Anglican/Episcopal, in the US (where the majority of NSers are from) the majority of "anglicans" are not Episcopal (and there are also those that identify as Anglican).

Episcopalianism is in a strange relationship with the Anglican Communion, ain't it? :p

No, I don't believe so. While the Episcopal Church is obviously separate from the Church of England it is part of the Anglican Communion. Its relationship is no different than the the Church of Ireland or the Scottish Episcopal churches.

Now the relationship between the "Anglican" churches in the US and the Anglican communion is an interesting one.
Anglican
Avid reader

To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General