Page 2 of 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:12 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
I am going to end this topic(for myself) because all it has end up with is trolling and I don't have the time for that. Have you good day everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm
by Silent Majority
The level of obedience you expect people to have to their church is quite frankly, medieval.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm
by Norstal
Spiritus Sancti wrote:I am going to end this topic(for myself) because all it has end up with is trolling and I don't have the time for that. Have you good day everyone.

Why are religious people so passive aggressive? Like, why can't they just go out and say "you stupid motherfuckers disagree with me!" Being passive aggressive doesn't make it better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:14 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
Eirenia wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Well, I was almost aborted, that is a fact. My mother is a drug addicted and mentally ill(and she still is). She took heavy drugs when I was her "fetus"(as I hypothesize what you would call it.) She was so mentally ill that she attacked my Grandmother(her mother) right in-front of me when I was seven years old.


uh, okay? I also had a full-blooded sibling who was aborted, for the same medical issue that complicated my mother's pregnancy with me. It's not a trump card and also the rest of your post still had nothing to do with abortion. :?


I will answer this. I was not talking about abortion. That was not the point of my post!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:14 pm
by Nanatsu no Tsuki
Silent Majority wrote:The level of obedience you expect people to have to their church is quite frankly, medieval.


I said the same thing, but I get called a troll. The world is so unfair...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
Norstal wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:I am going to end this topic(for myself) because all it has end up with is trolling and I don't have the time for that. Have you good day everyone.

Why are religious people so passive aggressive? Like, why can't they just go out and say "you stupid motherfuckers disagree with me!" Being passive aggressive doesn't make it better.


No, it's the smart ass trolling that I don't have time for.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm
by Norstal
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Norstal wrote:Why are religious people so passive aggressive? Like, why can't they just go out and say "you stupid motherfuckers disagree with me!" Being passive aggressive doesn't make it better.


No, it's the smart ass trolling that I don't have time for.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=201348&hilit=trollnaming

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm
by Bombadil
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Norstal wrote:Why are religious people so passive aggressive? Like, why can't they just go out and say "you stupid motherfuckers disagree with me!" Being passive aggressive doesn't make it better.


No, it's the smart ass trolling that I don't have time for.


You've not really asked much of a question - why do people say one thing and act another - is effectively what you're asking, if one strips out the whole Catholic Church bit..

..because they do.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:17 pm
by AiliailiA
EDIT: Supporting OP in wishing the thread never happened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
Norstal wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
No, it's the smart ass trolling that I don't have time for.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=201348&hilit=trollnaming


Okay, and? I just don't have time for it. That is what I saying. Are you saying that I can't say "I don't have time for this"?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 pm
by Nanatsu no Tsuki
Ailiailia wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:


Yep, your trolling proves how mature you are. :clap: It really shows


I suggest you take the word "pro-life" out of the OP.

Nanatsu I think was raised Catholic, but there's lots of atheists and also lots of pro-choice folks on NSG. For many of us, the thoughts that come to mind when hearing the word "catholic" is 1. Rapist priests, 2. Opposition to abortion and contraception, 3. The Pope has a Twitter account.


Indeed, I was raised Catholic and as a former Catholic I do see the Church's policies on contraception and abortion to be, well, prehistoric. I can understand the whole stance on abortion (it's a religion thing), but contraception? Not at all.

There's nothing wrong with being a responsible adult. If you're not ready to be a parent, contraception is the wise choice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
Ailiailia wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:


Yep, your trolling proves how mature you are. :clap: It really shows


I suggest you take the word "pro-life" out of the OP.

Nanatsu I think was raised Catholic, but there's lots of atheists and also lots of pro-choice folks on NSG. For many of us, the thoughts that come to mind when hearing the word "catholic" is 1. Rapist priests, 2. Opposition to abortion and contraception, 3. The Pope has a Twitter account.


I know that, but if a religious person thinks of "Stalin" when they think of "atheist" is wrong. I was one atheist at one point of my life, so I have some idea what the typical young atheists thinks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 pm
by Norstal
Spiritus Sancti wrote:


Okay, and? I just don't have time for it. That is what I saying. Are you saying that I can't say "I don't have time for this"?

So you're telling me you can read the Bible, but you can't read a simple forum post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 pm
by AiliailiA
EDIT: Supporting OP in wishing the thread never happened.

Now I'll politely ask anyone who replied to me to edit my posts out of their replies, if that's practical. If we leave the thread all hollowed out, there won't be any "suppression of debate" factor standing in the way of a Mod locking it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:22 pm
by Bombadil
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:
I suggest you take the word "pro-life" out of the OP.

Nanatsu I think was raised Catholic, but there's lots of atheists and also lots of pro-choice folks on NSG. For many of us, the thoughts that come to mind when hearing the word "catholic" is 1. Rapist priests, 2. Opposition to abortion and contraception, 3. The Pope has a Twitter account.


Indeed, I was raised Catholic and as a former Catholic I do see the Church's policies on contraception and abortion to be, well, prehistoric. I can understand the whole stance on abortion (it's a religion thing), but contraception? Not at all.

There's nothing wrong with being a responsible adult. If you're not ready to be a parent, contraception is the wise choice.


Surely one should abstain from even thinking about the opposite sex until properly married.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm
by Nanatsu no Tsuki
Bombadil wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Indeed, I was raised Catholic and as a former Catholic I do see the Church's policies on contraception and abortion to be, well, prehistoric. I can understand the whole stance on abortion (it's a religion thing), but contraception? Not at all.

There's nothing wrong with being a responsible adult. If you're not ready to be a parent, contraception is the wise choice.


Surely one should abstain from even thinking about the opposite sex until properly married.


I imagine young people will need to start wearing cloth sacks over their faces so as not to even look at the opposite sex before marriage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
Norstal wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Okay, and? I just don't have time for it. That is what I saying. Are you saying that I can't say "I don't have time for this"?

So you're telling me you can read the Bible, but you can't read a simple forum post.


I don't have time for the smart-ass comments. I came here for debate and discussion, not name calling. I don't want to get into a trolling match. I have much better things I can do, I want to use my month of from college wisely. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 pm
by Ostroeuropa
And yet the catholic conservatives use the figures of members to justify bullshit laws.
Well, i'll say it again, moderate and progressive christians are enablers of theocracy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 pm
by The Free and Just Republic of Freedomol
I'm not going to provide my opinion on abortion, contreception, or any of the non-religious stuff. My primary concern is, if self-identify as a catholic, how can you not believe in transubstansiation. That's the fundamental belief of catholiscism; if you believe everything else the church says, but don't believe in transubstansiation, you are not catholic, you are a protestant.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 pm
by Eirenia
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Eirenia wrote:
uh, okay? I also had a full-blooded sibling who was aborted, for the same medical issue that complicated my mother's pregnancy with me. It's not a trump card and also the rest of your post still had nothing to do with abortion. :?


I will answer this. I was not talking about abortion. That was not the point of my post!!


I'm not sure how "my mother aborted three fetuses" is not talking about abortion...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm
by Nanatsu no Tsuki
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Norstal wrote:So you're telling me you can read the Bible, but you can't read a simple forum post.


I don't have time for the smart-ass comments. I came here for debate and discussion, not name calling. I don't want to get into a trolling match. I have much better things I can do, I can't waste, I want to use my month of from college wisely. :)


Excuse me, but I'll be succinct so as not to waste your time, yet I must ask: how is this trolling? Or do you consider people who disagree with you trolls? Because I must tell you, disagreeing is part of the so called debate you said you were interested in having. So far, there hasn't been any of it.

When you're ready to address the disagreeing points, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm
by Gauthier
And obedience to a church that systematically covered up child molestation and shuffled off the offending priests to be Someone Else's Problem is good how?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm
by Spiritus Sancti
Eirenia wrote:
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
I will answer this. I was not talking about abortion. That was not the point of my post!!


I'm not sure how "my mother aborted three fetuses" is not talking about abortion...


If you look at what I said before, that was meant to be preemptive statement for Conservative Catholics that believe I'm a plant, not a topic of debate. Look at my main body of my post, that is what I started this tread for, not four worded "FYI".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm
by NERVUN
Spiritus Sancti wrote:
Norstal wrote:So you're telling me you can read the Bible, but you can't read a simple forum post.


I don't have time for the smart-ass comments. I came here for debate and discussion, not name calling. I don't want to get into a trolling match. I have much better things I can do, I want to use my month of from college wisely. :)

Indeed?

Complaining about trolling will help speed you along your way as we will gladly slap you with a warning and/or ban if you keep it up. Knock it off.

Also, please be advised that debate and discussion does not entail everyone agreeing with your take on things. If you are expecting nothing but agreement, you have come to the wrong forum.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:30 pm
by Bombadil
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Surely one should abstain from even thinking about the opposite sex until properly married.


I imagine young people will need to start wearing cloth sacks over their faces so as not to even look at the opposite sex before marriage.


To be removed only in the presence of a qualified priest or nun in a monastery or nunnery respectively - I can see no problems with this.