NATION

PASSWORD

Question about White Supremacists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

CVT Temp wrote:Perhaps this is simply anecdotal evidence, but why is it that most white supremacists, Neo-Nazis, and advocates of aggressive eugenics tend to be rather pitiful specimens? Why are the advocates of white superiority usually the least educated, least fit, dumbest examples of white people one can find? How come I never see actual examples of really excellent and superior people advocating for white supremacy? Why is it always people who really have absolutely no reason to be proud of themselves whatsoever who tend to advocate for racist ideologies? It would seem that their own inferiority would be a reductio ad absurdum against their own claims.

What do you mean by stupid or least fit?
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:You know that old joke about how there aren't really any women on the internet, it's all just creepy dudes in their thirties pretending to be women while sitting in a filthy room in their underwear?

This is actually my impression of the Internet White Supremacist. That Stormfront is in fact full of a bunch of middle class kids pretending to be white supremacists because they can't think of anything else that would be so instantaneously offensive. It's basically kids who have heard of trolling, think that racial humor is funny, and then head off to the internet.

Somewhere there's like four actual white supremacists thinking that their numbers are swelled while a bunch of kids taking a break from X-Box live give this 'trolling' thing their friends keep talking about a whirl.

Next you'll be telling me there are Nazi nations here on NS that aren't played by serious RL Nazis...
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

EnragedMaldivians
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby EnragedMaldivians » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Obama is a white supremacist.

Hey, Obama is half-white.
And Hitler was half Jewish... :o

No he wasn't. That's a myth. Neither Alois Hitler nor err...whatever name his other parent had, had any Jewish heritage.
Taking a break.

CVT Temp
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby CVT Temp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Abatael wrote:What do you mean by stupid or least fit?

I mean that you're average white supremacist isn't exactly a Nobel Prize winner or an Olympic athlete. In fact, I would say they're often as far from those as one could be, at least in my admittedly limited experience.
Иф ю кан рид дис, ю ар рили борд ор ю ар Россияне.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm

CVT Temp wrote:

I mean that you're average white supremacist isn't exactly a Nobel Prize winner or an Olympic athlete. In fact, I would say they're often as far from those as one could be, at least in my admittedly limited experience.

The average scientist or athletes aren't exactly that either... :P
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm

White supremacists see themselves as inferior and blame other races for their failures. Pretty much why people bully others. An inferiority complex and a feeling of wanting to be on top. White supremacists can't handle the fact that their race isn't recognized as superior. That they aren't superior.
Last edited by Geilinor on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Srboslavija
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Srboslavija » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Srboslavija wrote:Because they are the visible, vocal ones.

It's the ones who are dressed in suites and are CEOs, lawmakers, police officers etc who do the real damage but are 'smart' enough to do it on the low and avoid public backlash.

So everyone's a white supremacist but is lying about it?

Did you really take that from my comment? Really?
Pro: #FreeCrimea, justice, peace, LGBTIQ rights, love, choice, YOLO, God, separation of church and state, hugs, equal rights, most NSG moderators
Anti: war, hypocrisy, imperialism, homophobia, guns, inequality, racism, sexism

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 pm

CVT Temp wrote:

I'm fairly smart and also a good athlete.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

CVT Temp
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby CVT Temp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Abatael wrote:I'm fairly smart and also a good athlete.

And you believe in white supremacy? Really?

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 pm

CVT Temp wrote:
Abatael wrote:I'm fairly smart and also a good athlete.

And you believe in white supremacy? Really?

I think I am. I have no way of telling, so I'm not sure if I am one or not.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

CVT Temp
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby CVT Temp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Abatael wrote:I think I am. I have no way of telling, so I'm not sure if I am one or not.

What do you mean you have no way of telling? Do you know what white supremacy is? It seems like it would be fairly easy to figure out if you agree with that ideology or not.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm

CVT Temp wrote:
Abatael wrote:I think I am. I have no way of telling, so I'm not sure if I am one or not.

What do you mean you have no way of telling? Do you know what white supremacy is? It seems like it would be fairly easy to figure out if you agree with that ideology or not.

Like there are no tests (as far as I am aware) that can confirm that.
I took this one (ridiculous) test, and it said I, "definitely have a bias towards all things and persons white." And I am an ethnic nationalist.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Srboslavija wrote:Because they are the visible, vocal ones.

It's the ones who are dressed in suites and are CEOs, lawmakers, police officers etc who do the real damage but are 'smart' enough to do it on the low and avoid public backlash.

So everyone's a white supremacist but is lying about it?

Not EVERYONE, but racial profiling in law-enforcement is a real thing and corporations that make a big show of being PC can still be subtly racist behind the scenes.

I used to know a black guy who got "randomly" pulled over by the cops every couple of weeks in Orlando. They weren't pulling him over for speeding or anything. They said they were making "random stops," but I've never known cops to randomly pull over and search the cars of white people -- certainly not as often as they pulled over this guy.

And I used to work for a company that constantly crammed PC propaganda about Latino history month, African-American entrepreneurs, etc. down our throats; but after a while I noticed that the overwhelming majority of the people I had seen laid off or fired were dark-skinned. Meanwhile, there are a couple of whites that CLEARLY deserve to be fired who are still there. I don't know where the problem was coming from -- if it was widespread racism among the low-level management or if it was one asshole higher up or a combination of both.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Abatael wrote:
CVT Temp wrote:

I took this one (ridiculous) test, and it said I, "definitely have a bias towards all things and persons white." And I am an ethnic nationalist.

Are you incapable of thinking for yourself or something?
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Obama is a white supremacist.

Hey, Obama is half-white.
And Hitler was half Jewish... :o

Stop spreading lies about the Fuehrer! >:(

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:
Abatael wrote:

It's just that I'm not entirely sure what white supremacism is, and Wikipedia doesn't help me understand it.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

CVT Temp
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby CVT Temp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Abatael wrote:And I am an ethnic nationalist.

Why?

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 pm

CVT Temp wrote:
Abatael wrote:And I am an ethnic nationalist.

Why?

I didn't get it from my parents, because they aren't, and I didn't get it from any of my friends, because they got it from me, but I am friends with one black guy, and I have no problem being friends with blacks or talking to them or any of that, and I have no problem with a black being in charge, so I guess I'm not a white supremacist, but I feel that way because I'm proud of my race, like certain homosexuals are proud of being homosexual, certain blacks are proud of being black, et caetera.
Last edited by Abatael on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Reggae Magmia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reggae Magmia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm

CVT Temp wrote:Perhaps this is simply anecdotal evidence, but why is it that most white supremacists, Neo-Nazis, and advocates of aggressive eugenics tend to be rather pitiful specimens? Why are the advocates of white superiority usually the least educated, least fit, dumbest examples of white people one can find? How come I never see actual examples of really excellent and superior people advocating for white supremacy? Why is it always people who really have absolutely no reason to be proud of themselves whatsoever who tend to advocate for racist ideologies? It would seem that their own inferiority would be a reductio ad absurdum against their own claims.

...you kinda answered your own question in this. :p

It is because of their conditions that they feel like they need to make themselves superior.
This is no longer my main nation (got bored with it).

Switching over to Ancient Magmia

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Abatael wrote:
CVT Temp wrote:
Why?

I didn't get it from my parents, because they aren't, and I didn't get it from any of my friends, because they got it from me, but I am friends with one black guy, and I have no problem being friends with blacks or talking to them or any of that, and I have no problem with a black being in charge, so I guess I'm not a white supremacist, but I feel that way because I'm proud of my race, like certain homosexuals are proud of being homosexual, certain blacks are proud of being black, et caetera.

If you're OK with blacks in charge, then you're not a white supremacist. Obama drives white supremacists up the wall.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Abatael wrote:
The Joseon Dynasty wrote:

It's just that I'm not entirely sure what white supremacism is, and Wikipedia doesn't help me understand it.

Well, here is the common definition known by most people: White supremacy is believing that the white race is the supreme race, genetically or otherwise, and that all other races are inferior, genetically or otherwise.

Do you believe that? Do you believe your black friends are inferior genetically? Do you believe that your possession of white skin makes you better than them on every single level possible?

Abatael wrote:
CVT Temp wrote:
Why?

That's white nationalism.
Last edited by Mkuki on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

CVT Temp
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby CVT Temp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Abatael wrote:I didn't get it from my parents, because they aren't, and I didn't get it from any of my friends, because they got it from me, but I am friends with one black guy, and I have no problem being friends with blacks or talking to them or any of that, and I have no problem with a black being in charge, so I guess I'm not a white supremacist, but I feel that way because I'm proud of my race, like certain homosexuals are proud of being homosexual, certain blacks are proud of being black, et caetera.

White supremacy is closely linked to Neo-Nazism and the belief that whites are inherently superior to all other races.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Not EVERYONE, but racial profiling in law-enforcement is a real thing and corporations that make a big show of being PC can still be subtly racist behind the scenes.

I used to know a black guy who got "randomly" pulled over by the cops every couple of weeks in Orlando. They weren't pulling him over for speeding or anything. They said they were making "random stops," but I've never known cops to randomly pull over and search the cars of white people -- certainly not as often as they pulled over this guy.

And I used to work for a company that constantly crammed PC propaganda about Latino history month, African-American entrepreneurs, etc. down our throats; but after a while I noticed that the overwhelming majority of the people I had seen laid off or fired were dark-skinned. Meanwhile, there are a couple of whites that CLEARLY deserve to be fired who are still there. I don't know where the problem was coming from -- if it was widespread racism among the low-level management or if it was one asshole higher up or a combination of both.

Racial profiling is certainly still an issue. I am not questioning that. It sometimes is difficult to grasp exactly what one on here is trying to say. Some of the previous posts by the individual in question honestly forced me to question if they were saying that racism still exists amongst wider spheres than just the lower rungs of society, or that there were intelligent people out there that believed these things and that they only repressed those views due to societal pressure. It feels terrible having to admit holding such an insulting opinion about another, though I honestly held doubts.
Srboslavija wrote:Did you really take that from my comment? Really?

I'm terribly sorry. Some of your previous statements on this forum honestly did make me question whether that comment was meant to describe the rational statement that racism still exists in disturbingly influential places, or the rather absurd notion that these successful individuals indicate that these views are ones that rational, intelligent individuals can hold. I am terribly sorry for having developed such a low opinion of you through inaccurate beliefs. I should not have presumed something that wasn't clearly stated and should have never posted such a comment in return.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Abatael wrote:
CVT Temp wrote:
Why?

I can certainly understand this position and agree that deciding when ethnic pride becomes racist isn't always clear. I'm not white so am not a white supremacist but I am inordinately proud of my own culture and find myself 'judging' other ethnicities by the standards of my own. Is me being biased and judgemental because others don't meet my standards a racist stance or just an arrogant one?

Reggae Magmia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reggae Magmia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Cetacea wrote:find myself 'judging' other ethnicities by the standards of my own. Is me being biased and judgemental because others don't meet my standards a racist stance or just an arrogant one?

I used to be like that.

It can be both, but I'd say it's just most likely arrogant, no offense.
This is no longer my main nation (got bored with it).

Switching over to Ancient Magmia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General