NATION

PASSWORD

Why do Christians claim to get their morals from the bible?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

BRB, means be right back.

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:BRB Starting turkey

Yeah time to send this thread back to the grave.

Do not try to put words or ideas in my head or mouth, you don't have that right. If you don't want to discuss it, then don't.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 pm

Cradled Squads wrote:
Tekania wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:Christianity rose to power on the blood and lives of people who didn't agree with them: I'm solid pagan and have no use for them. NONE.

Actually, rode to power on the back of a self-professed convert (Constantine)... prior to that Christians were used to keep the roman streets well lit...
For people who claim to have such moral superiority, you idiots sure are responsible for a lot wholesale murders, aren't you?

I understand your point but you might want to drop "you idiots" begins a flame and that goes against the rules.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Honey, this idiot isn't going to allow rational thought in.

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Kalakda wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Kalakda wrote:There are prophecies about Jesus. ...they still prophesied that the Messiah was coming.

There are prophecies about Messiah. Not about Jesus.

Kalakda wrote:"All of this took place to bring about what the Lord said through the prophet, "The virgin is going to have a baby. She will give birth to a son. And he will be called "Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14) Immanuel means "God with us""

Isaiah wasn't making a prophecy about messiah - go back and read the context.

Not only that - the 'she' in question was a 'young woman', not a 'virgin' (read it in Hebrew), and was a person present at the time the prophecy was made.

Kalakda wrote:Micah prophesied about the Messiah being born in the town of Bethlehem, his father (his earthly one that is) would be descended from David, the great King of Israel. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, he was born in a manger, and his earthly father, Joseph, was a descendant of King David, a very appropriate bloodline for Jesus to be born into.

There are several problems with the Micah reference - not the least being that Bethlehem-Ephrathah can be immediately identified as referring to a person called Bethlehem, descended from Ephrathah. Also, of course, I'm sure you're aware that there is strong contention that only the first three chapters of Micah are actually the work of the prophet, and that the remainder of the book was added later by another author?

Most importantly - the context of Micah 5 strongly suggests that this is not a prohecy of THE messiah, merely an anointed king.

As for the connection to David - this has already been addressed. Jesus is not eligible for the bloodline of David. He is not related to the bloodline through his father, because he has no father, and he is not eligible through his mother through the curse of Jeconiah.

Fail, my Bible has the words, 'A Ruler Will Come From Bethlehem', and about that 'young woman' thing, are you sure it's not a politically correct edition which has erased reference to Mary as a virgin to appease the Femi-Nazis. I have a New International Reader's Edition, with no PC spin here. And he does have a father, God is his spiritual father, and Joseph is his physical form's earthly father. And Mary was a virgin when she became pregnant with Jesus, she became pregnant with the spirit of God, meaning she still remained a virgin, because if she was impregnated by Joseph, she would've lost her virginity. Plus, David was born in Bethlehem, Joseph was a descendant of David, he was born in Bethlehem, and finally, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, you make the connection. And besides, Jesus is figuratively the King of Men, he is the spiritual son of God.

Wait... what?

Are you serious?

The prophecy of Isaiah doesn't refer to a virgin. Read it in Hebrew.

That's nothing to do with Mary, and whether or not she was a virgin - it's to do with the fact that the PROPHECY you're talking about is NOT a prophecy of messiah, and DOESN'T say 'virgin'.

A ruler will come out of Bethlehem-Ephratah - ruler (literally, to rule or have dominion, from the Hebrew) - again, that doesn't say it's a prohecy of THE messiah. Read the book of Micah - actually read the context.

David WAS born in Bethlehem, this is true. But irrelevant.

Also - Jesus is cut off from David in both his mother's AND father's bloodlines. Matthew's lineage mentions Jeconiah by name, which Luke's doesn't - but Luke's lineage DOES mention Jesus as being descended from Jeconiah's son and grandson. In other words - Jesus cannot sit on the throne of David, because of the curse of Jeconiah, and that is true on both the matrilineal AND patrilineal sides.
This requires effort...there's a reason christians are called sheep, you know. TV preachers are well aware of what sheep are for...sheering, milking and eating. And this sort of brainless wonder should give you a clue as to why....

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Do not try to put words or ideas in my head or mouth, you don't have that right. If you don't want to discuss it, then don't.

This is a borderline grave dig, grave digging is illegal on NSG.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

That is one thing I have never been able to define. There were some I thought where and the ruling was no.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Possibly, but then in my experience, I've never...

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:12 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Tekania wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:Christianity rose to power on the blood and lives of people who didn't agree with them: I'm solid pagan and have no use for them. NONE.

Actually, rode to power on the back of a self-professed convert (Constantine)... prior to that Christians were used to keep the roman streets well lit...
For people who claim to have such moral superiority, you idiots sure are responsible for a lot wholesale murders, aren't you?

I understand your point but you might want to drop "you idiots" begins a flame and that goes against the rules.....
Met a christian who was capable of using and applying common sense. Trust me, I'm using the average dictionary's definition of the word 'idiot' and the plural form due to the vast numbers of them.

Most of them, sooner or later come up for at least an honorary mention in the Darwin Awards. Thank the goddess.

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

It was an active thread on the screen when I updated my nati

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

As long as people are still posting, it's still active. I repeat, if you don't want to discuss it, don't but don't tell me that I can't just because you are tired of the subject.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:16 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

That is one thing I have never been able to define. There were some I thought where and the ruling was no.....

That's why I said it was borderline but it has been nearly a month I would say it is pretty much a grave dig and the person who did it isn't really contributing to anything that was said except an attempt to troll/flamebait Christians.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic

DBC26-Winner

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

As long as people are still posting, it's still active. I repeat, if you don't want to discuss it, don't but don't tell me that I can't just because you are tired of the subject.

Nah that's not really how it works people stopped posting nearly a month ago, even if I went and posted on the oldest still open thread that doesn't mean it is active.

DBC26-Winner

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

That's why I said it was borderline but it has been nearly a month I would say it is pretty much a grave dig and the person who did it isn't really contributing to anything that was said except an attempt to troll/flamebait Christians.
So? Mostly, they bring it on themselves anyway. If they'd use their brains for actual thinking instead of arguing scientific facts, they wouldn't get that sort of thing all the time. But then, common sense ISN'T.

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

For all practical purposes it is, actually...if it shows

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Cradled Squads wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Nah that's not really how it works people stopped posting nearly a month ago, even if I went and posted on the oldest still open thread that doesn't mean it is active.
up on the 'Latest threads' thingie when you're updating your nation, it's more likely to be seen and clicked on. That means it's active. Stop trying to deny something that obvious.

Cradled Squads
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

And just because I have to check a pie or the bird

Postby Cradled Squads » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Once in a while, doesn't mean I'm done, so don't presume that just because I'm not posting for a few minutes that you can claim thread death.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Cradled Squads wrote:up on the 'Latest threads' thingie when you're updating your nation, it's more likely to be seen and clicked on. That means it's active. Stop trying to deny something that obvious.

It wasn't on the "Latest threads thingie" when you first posted.

Don't deny that.

DBC26-Winner

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General