NATION

PASSWORD

Muse (rock band) (males only)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Nercer -
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Muse (rock band) (males only)

Postby Nercer - » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:31 am

I recently discovered the rock band Muse on YouTube and they are amazing. I had heard of the band before but had never listened to them. But all of the comments on YouTube are from chicks saying something along the lines of "OMG, I just heard them on the Twilight Soundtrack and they are so awsome!!!! And the singers is so sexy!!!!!!" So that got me wondering, "Am I the only guy who likes them?" Are they a band for chicks? :unsure: (I'm half joking and half serious)
Guess how much I don't care?

Kobrania
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 am

Nah, my straight friend likes them, be secured in your over-hyped masculinity. *walks away indignantly*
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

ZIONISM = JUSTIFYING GENOCIDE WITH GOD.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 am

He breathes too loudly. BTW I've probably just ruined Muse for you, hah.
End the Modigarchy now.

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

Muse is not a chick band... :p

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 am

no its a band for 17 year olds living in late 2004

*takes note to make strange noises when singing your birthday song*
Last edited by Call to power on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Nercer -
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nercer - » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 am

Kobrania wrote:Nah, my straight friend likes them, be secured in your over-hyped masculinity. *walks away indignantly*

"Over hyped masculinity"? Anyone who knows me knows that I have no intrest in putting out a masculine image for myself. I was just wondering . . .

Nercer -
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nercer - » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

Call to power wrote:no its a band for 17 year olds living in late 2004

What? They have the current number one single on the Modern Rock Chart right now in 2009; they are still popular, more so now than before.

Kobrania
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

Nercer - wrote:
Kobrania wrote:Nah, my straight friend likes them, be secured in your over-hyped masculinity. *walks away indignantly*

"Over hyped masculinity"? Anyone who knows me knows that I have no intrest in putting out a masculine image for myself. I was just wondering . . .

Oh, I am sorry that I don't know you then.

*Displays hand to be shaken in human ritual for acquaintanceship*
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

ZIONISM = JUSTIFYING GENOCIDE WITH GOD.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

Don't pay no notice.

Cteduul
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cteduul » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:39 am

I remember having to sit in my friends house while he and his girlfriend where up stairs ... for whatever reason .. (they returned not to long after) and I ended being forced to listen to about 3-4 muse songs in a row, never listened to muse before and well the songs sounded pretty much the same and where quite annoying.
Apparently they have some good songs though....

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 am

Nercer - wrote:
Call to power wrote:no its a band for 17 year olds living in late 2004

What? They have the current number one single on the Modern Rock Chart right now in 2009; they are still popular, more so now than before.

They're not that amazing -_-

"WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" *incredibly deep, audible breath* JUNNERJUNNER "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO" *again with the fucking breathing* JUNNERJUNNERTHUDDATHUDDA etc.
End the Modigarchy now.

Neesika
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Neesika » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:42 am

"Males only" my ass.

I like Muse because my friend introduced me to the epic, wonderful, absolutely fucking fantastic Knights of Cydonia. I was super stoned at the time, so I thought perhaps the awe and amazement that this video induced in me was a product of my altered state of mind, rather than an inherent power of the video iteself. When I watched it without the benefit of marijewanna, I realised that it was even more fucking kick ass than I thought! It contains all of the elements of my favourite movie genres except for blaxploitation and bollywood. If there were to be a feature length movie made from the video concept, I would spend upwards of $35 to see it on a freaking huge IMAX screen.

The song is awesome too.

Other than that, I suppose I don't really care about Muse because I haven't bothered listening to any other songs.

Point being, it wasn't my uterus that made me like them, it was the righteousness of their video.
"Look, Ann Coulter explained it one time. Jesus came to perfect the Jews so they could become Christians and be saved. If they stay Jews, they are rejecting God and the opportunity to eat bacon dipped in mayo and served on the tits of a woman who doesn't complain at restaruants." - RepentNowOrPayLater

Nercer -
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nercer - » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 am

Cteduul wrote:I remember having to sit in my friends house while he and his girlfriend where up stairs ... for whatever reason .. (they returned not to long after) and I ended being forced to listen to about 3-4 muse songs in a row, never listened to muse before and well the songs sounded pretty much the same and where quite annoying.

Yeah, alot of their older songs were crappy, but their newer songs are alot better. Apparently they are hugely popular in Europe, the UK in particular.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am

Nercer - wrote:
Cteduul wrote:I remember having to sit in my friends house while he and his girlfriend where up stairs ... for whatever reason .. (they returned not to long after) and I ended being forced to listen to about 3-4 muse songs in a row, never listened to muse before and well the songs sounded pretty much the same and where quite annoying.

Yeah, alot of their older songs were crappy, but their newer songs are alot better.

Not even slightly true.
Apparently they are hugely popular in Europe, the UK in particular.

Were. That tense is absolutely key.
Last edited by Yootopia on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
End the Modigarchy now.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am

I think they're good.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Firaqis
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaqis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am

Seriously, 'Supermassive Black Hole'....can't have a more badass song title my friend.

EKJ-746
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EKJ-746 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:46 am

i think muse are very good, i just like their sound
"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out." - Pastor Martin Niemöller

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

They're popular in the UK because they're from Devon (south-west England). Don't listen to anyone who tells you that their old stuff is crappy - their best stuff was made near the start of their career - Origin Of Symmetry (2nd album) is the best album. Unfortunately, their latest album... its not quite the same. For those who've followed them from the start, its a bit of a disappointment - it seems like they'd rather show off than actually make good music.

Skypi
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Skypi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

I like them...
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08

Cteduul
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cteduul » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

Firaqis wrote:Seriously, 'Supermassive Black Hole'....can't have a more badass song title my friend.

Except just about anything else in the world.

Nercer -
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nercer - » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:48 am

Neesika wrote:"Males only" my ass..

Point being, it wasn't my uterus that made me like them, it was the righteousness of their video.

Chicks like the Backstreet Boys and guys obviously don't. So there is my point. I didn't really care, I was just wondering. It wouldn't stop me from liking them if most other guys didn't. Kinda like My Chemical Romance. It's mainly chicks and emos that like them, but I like them anyway because I realize that they are a kick-ass hardcore punk band that have great outlooks of the world.

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 am

Nercer - wrote:What? They have the current number one single on the Modern Rock Chart right now in 2009; they are still popular, more so now than before.

1) being number one in a modern rock chart isn't exactly hard you just need to appeal to sixth-formers
2) muse was all over the place in about 2004 and took first in the album chart or something (they got on top of the pops basically)
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Cteduul
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cteduul » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 am

Sedgistan wrote:They're popular in the UK because they're from Devon (south-west England). Don't listen to anyone who tells you that their old stuff is crappy - their best stuff was made near the start of their career - Origin Of Symmetry (2nd album) is the best album. Unfortunately, their latest album... its not quite the same. For those who've followed them from the start, its a bit of a disappointment - it seems like they'd rather show off than actually make good music.

To be honest a lot of bands these days are so far up themselves they;d rather showoff than make good music.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am

Nercer - wrote:
Neesika wrote:"Males only" my ass..

Chicks like the Backstreet Boys and guys obviously don't. So there is my point. I didn't really care, I was just wondering. It wouldn't stop me from liking them if most other guys didn't. Kinda like My Chemical Romance. It's mainly chicks and emos that like them, but I like them anyway because I realize that they are a kick-ass hardcore punk band that have great outlooks of the world.

My Chemical Romance are a horrible band and you should probably set fire to your CD collection to prevent yourself from becoming a tool in the short-mid term.
End the Modigarchy now.

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am

Nercer - wrote:Kinda like My Chemical Romance. It's mainly chicks and emos that like them, but I like them anyway because I realize that they are a kick-ass hardcore punk band that have great outlooks of the world.

congratulations you've broken me

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General