NATION

PASSWORD

Most Inspiring Moment in History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xathranaar
Minister

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Xathranaar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm partial to the storming of the bastille myself.
My views summarized.
The Gospel According to Queen.
It is possible that some of my posts may not be completely serious.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:(Image)

You just like boobs.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

you know what I just noticed? theres a dude who isn't wearing pants and a lady who isn't wearing a top, but one dude decided "no. just because we are having a revolution doesn't mean standards need to slip" wearing a top hat and bow tie. Classy san culottes that he is.

EDIT: also Boboobies.
Last edited by The UK in Exile on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm

>exposed breasts

I thought posting nudity was frowned upon?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:

you know what I just noticed? theres a dude who isn't wearing pants and a lady who isn't wearing a top, but one dude decided "no. just because we are having a revolution doesn't mean standards need to slip" wearing a top hat and bow tie.

To be fair, the guy without pants is probably dead.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm

High Nalograd wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:I'm a Satanist, deal with it bible humper<3

Why do you willingly reject the Gospel and our holy father. Why embrace the devil?

Turning their backs on God is what caused Sodom and Gomorrah to be destroyed. Is that what you want for America?

America lost.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:you know what I just noticed? theres a dude who isn't wearing pants and a lady who isn't wearing a top, but one dude decided "no. just because we are having a revolution doesn't mean standards need to slip" wearing a top hat and bow tie.

To be fair, the guy without pants is probably dead.

so someone stole his pants?! AND. ONE. SOCK?
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:To be fair, the guy without pants is probably dead.

so someone stole his pants?! AND. ONE. SOCK?

Times were tough.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Although I am an overly zealous fan of the Byzantine Empire, especially Constantine XI Palaiologos, I have to say that the fall of the last vestige of the Roman Empire is something of an inspiring event. It paved the way, in many ways, for the creation of a new civilization, a new world in which an imperial Rome was no longer necessary or even existent.

Well, but the "new civilization" was already in flower in the West by 1453 (1460, when the Turks took the last last vestiges). And the Empire had been a vestige for a good century by then, too. The Romans never really recovered from the sack in 1204.

Of course. I'm just using the fall of Constantinople and subsequent destruction of the holdouts as a symbol for the larger destruction of the Roman way of life.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Well, but the "new civilization" was already in flower in the West by 1453 (1460, when the Turks took the last last vestiges). And the Empire had been a vestige for a good century by then, too. The Romans never really recovered from the sack in 1204.

Of course. I'm just using the fall of Constantinople and subsequent destruction of the holdouts as a symbol for the larger destruction of the Roman way of life.
Define 'Roman way of life'.

Shockingly, in a history covering circa 2000 years, this way of life had a way of changing every now and then.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Well, but the "new civilization" was already in flower in the West by 1453 (1460, when the Turks took the last last vestiges). And the Empire had been a vestige for a good century by then, too. The Romans never really recovered from the sack in 1204.

Which had been gone for ages. Anyway, which "Roman way of life"? Pre-Republic kingdom? Republic? The Republic after the defeat of Carthage? Augustan Imperial? Age of the Antonines? You can't take a span of almost 2,000 years and call it "the Roman way of life."

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:
>exposed breasts

I thought posting nudity was frowned upon?

the rule shop says no "obscene" images. and that it should be PG-13. I think we are good.

DEFCON 0 - not at war

4years
Senator

Founded: Aug 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 4years » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Oh, the most inspiring moment, there are so mnay chioces:

The Paris Commune Revolt
The Storming of the Winter Place
The storming of the Bastille
The march upon Versailles that forced the royal family back to Paris
The founding of the 1st International
1968, need I say more?
1848 (see above)
Moving into modern history: The Jasmine Revolution and The Arab Spring
And the Occupy movement
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10
"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. "
-Rosa Luxemburg
"In place of bourgeois society with all of it's classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association, one in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all" -Karl Marx
There is no such thing as rational self interest; pure reason leads to the greatest good for the greatest number.

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Ah, ouais! Vive l'Orléanisme! Vive Louis-Philippe!

United Horizon
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Horizon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm

World War 2 getting the US on the map
Stuff
Original Member of AAFL/AAFA
Surrey Mustangs 7-7 including post season 8-7 Retired April 22nd 2013

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

Grand Duchy of Prussia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Duchy of Prussia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Choronzon wrote:
Saruhan wrote:Yeah, but it was Ethiopia

Ethiopia had one of the most modernized armies in Africa at the time.

It was the only modern army

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 pm

For me personally, it's split between 1609 and the Twelve Years' Truce, when the Dutch showed the world that a small, democratic, Republican, Protestant entity with religious tolerance- against most of the norms of the time -could survive a brutal assault by the large, oppressive, inquisition-supporting Spanish Empire.

The second is 15 August 1947, when Gandhi led a nation to independence from another oppressive foreign entity through peaceful means.

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm

-The Formation of the USA
-Charlemagne's victory over the Moors
-The end of World War II
-The Fall of the Berlin Wall
-(I'll think of some other ones eventually)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Grand Duchy of Prussia wrote:
Choronzon wrote:Ethiopia had one of the most modernized armies in Africa at the time.

It was the only modern army

I think that's the point.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Serrland wrote:

non.

DEFCON 0 - not at war

Grand Duchy of Prussia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Duchy of Prussia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm

The battle of New Orleans crushing the the very same unit that beat Napoleon and a great end to an average war

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Serrland wrote:

non.

But...your painting... the Revolution of 1830... the July Monarchy... :(

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Grand Duchy of Prussia wrote:The battle of New Orleans crushing the the very same unit that beat Napoleon and a great end to an average war

holy shit? prussian Uhlans were at the battle of new orleans?

DEFCON 0 - not at war

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Srboslavija wrote:Within the whole context - Obama 2008 would have to be right up there.

Capitolinium wrote:
Seconded.

This isn't the "Favourite Movie Moment" thread.

the flag doesn't make it "favorite". the fact that SOMEONE was there, makes it inspiring.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Grand Duchy of Prussia wrote:The battle of New Orleans crushing the the very same unit that beat Napoleon and a great end to an average war

holy shit? prussian Uhlans were at the battle of new orleans?

Shhh. We're not supposed to admit we didn't beat the french.
They let us pretend we beat them, and we let them pretend it was a purely french army that conquered europe :p
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General