NATION

PASSWORD

Swedish woman charged with having sex with a skeleton.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be done about such offenses?

1. Prosecute
31%
2, Object, marginalize the person, but allow.
14%
3. Ignore
35%
4. Encourage (ewww)
13%
5. Other
6%

Total votes : 381

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Meh. The way I see it, life is short. As long as you're not depriving anybody of their rights without informed consent, you should be able to get off as much as you want, however you want.

True. But some things are just wrong.

Name one thing that doesn't violate informed consent that is "Just wrong."
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:True. But some things are just wrong.

Just wrong as in fucking a skeleton. Just wrong as in so many unnatural things that dont bring good(and mostly nothing bad, MOSTLY).
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Just wrong as in fucking a skeleton. Just wrong as in so many unnatural things that dont bring good(and mostly nothing bad, MOSTLY).

Whenever I hear the phrase "just wrong", it makes me want to investigate it further.

It's like... automatic.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Galloism wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:Just wrong as in fucking a skeleton. Just wrong as in so many unnatural things that dont bring good(and mostly nothing bad, MOSTLY).

Whenever I hear the phrase "just wrong", it makes me want to investigate it further.

It's like... automatic.

Good, i know what to name my next thread. :p
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Great Yorkshire
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Yorkshire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't really care what happens with my remains... Rape them to your hearts content by all means.
But I'm quite glad that the law enforcement agencies consider this not to be the default position.
The Queen of quips, the Sultan of snickering, the President of puns, the Generalissimo of jollity, the Tsar of zingers, the Guru of guffaws, the Jam Sahib of jokes, the Maharajah of mirth, the Chhatrapati of cheer, the Poligar of punch lines, the Rao Bahadur of revelry, the Baivarapatish of bullshit, the Chief Executive of chuckles, the Managing Director of merriment, the Deputy Financial Officer of damn funny observations, the Satrap of satire, who'll never give you a flat tire, 'cos she's not that dire, she used to have testicles, she still wears spectacles, the Edith Piaf of amateur table tennis (she regrets nothing about her backhand smashes) and the self-declared inventor of the prawn burrito... The one, the only... The chunter hunter... Great Yorkshire.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 pm

I....
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Great Yorkshire wrote:I don't really care what happens with my remains... Rape them to your hearts content by all means.
But I'm quite glad that the law enforcement agencies consider this not to be the default position.

I prefer consensual partners who are alive.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Great Yorkshire wrote:I don't really care what happens with my remains... Rape them to your hearts content by all means.

What about me?

Do you have something against Vampire-Americans?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Izandai
Senator

Founded: May 27, 2009

Postby Izandai » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Meh. The way I see it, life is short. As long as you're not depriving anybody of their rights without informed consent, you should be able to get off as much as you want, however you want.

True. But some things are just wrong.

But WHY are some things "just wrong?"
Shinkadomayaka wrote:
JUNCKS wrote:Ozzy is awesome but Jesus is awesomer

Hey, this is a church thread. No mentioning religion!

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:
My blind porcupine takes exception to this

Your blind porcupine can read text? :blink:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Lots of people are evil, and most of them are closer to home than ISIS

Oooooh. The rare self burn.

Grenartia wrote:Authoritarianism is political sadomasochism, change my mind.
Age subject to change without notice.

Izandai
Senator

Postby Izandai » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

What about me?

Well, you aren't exactly very hot-blooded. I'd think that would be a bit of a negative in the bedroom.
Shinkadomayaka wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Izandai wrote:
Galloism wrote:What about me?

Well, you aren't exactly very hot-blooded. I'd think that would be a bit of a negative in the bedroom.

Celerity + oil + friction = heat.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

What about me?

I guess your a exception.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Great Yorkshire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Yorkshire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Izandai wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:True. But some things are just wrong.

But WHY are some things "just wrong?"
In this case a lot of people have fairly specific beliefs regarding how human remains should be treated... how can you be sure they are wrong..?
The Queen of quips, the Sultan of snickering, the President of puns, the Generalissimo of jollity, the Tsar of zingers, the Guru of guffaws, the Jam Sahib of jokes, the Maharajah of mirth, the Chhatrapati of cheer, the Poligar of punch lines, the Rao Bahadur of revelry, the Baivarapatish of bullshit, the Chief Executive of chuckles, the Managing Director of merriment, the Deputy Financial Officer of damn funny observations, the Satrap of satire, who'll never give you a flat tire, 'cos she's not that dire, she used to have testicles, she still wears spectacles, the Edith Piaf of amateur table tennis (she regrets nothing about her backhand smashes) and the self-declared inventor of the prawn burrito... The one, the only... The chunter hunter... Great Yorkshire.

Izandai
Senator

Postby Izandai » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Galloism wrote:
Izandai wrote:Well, you aren't exactly very hot-blooded. I'd think that would be a bit of a negative in the bedroom.

Celerity + oil + friction = heat.

Celerity?
Shinkadomayaka wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:

Neanderthaland wrote:

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Izandai wrote:
Galloism wrote:Celerity + oil + friction = heat.

Celerity?

Celerity.

Izandai
Senator

Postby Izandai » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Great Yorkshire wrote:
Izandai wrote:But WHY are some things "just wrong?"
In this case a lot of people have fairly specific beliefs regarding how human remains should be treated... how can you be sure they are wrong..?

If I were to go to a graveyard, dig up someones remains, swap the positions of their skull and their pelvis, put the coffin back into the ground, and cover it up so that it all looks exactly the way I found it, who have I harmed? Who is affected by my childish joke?
Shinkadomayaka wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:

Neanderthaland wrote:

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Izandai
Senator

Postby Izandai » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Galloism wrote:
Izandai wrote:Celerity?

Celerity.

Fair enough, but shouldn't the oil somewhat lessen the amount of friction?
Shinkadomayaka wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:

Neanderthaland wrote:

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Izandai wrote:
Galloism wrote:Celerity.

Fair enough, but shouldn't the oil somewhat lessen the amount of friction?

Hence, Celerity.

Great Yorkshire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Yorkshire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Izandai wrote:
Great Yorkshire wrote:In this case a lot of people have fairly specific beliefs regarding how human remains should be treated... how can you be sure they are wrong..?

If I were to go to a graveyard, dig up someones remains, swap the positions of their skull and their pelvis, put the coffin back into the ground, and cover it up so that it all looks exactly the way I found it, who have I harmed? Who is affected by my childish joke?
No one. But I say that as an atheist.
If I was an Ancient Egyptian however...

If you don't know how the person intended for their remains to be treated... safe guess they didn't want them stuck up your prat eh?
Last edited by Great Yorkshire on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

I feel like I've read this story somewhere in a work of fiction.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Galloism wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

What about me?

Last I checked, you were a Sith Lord, and didn't swing towards me. Also, aren't you my NS Dad? :p
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Galloism wrote:What about me?

Last I checked, you were a Sith Lord, and didn't swing towards me. Also, aren't you my NS Dad? :p

It's the principle.

I speak for all of vampire-kind.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Galloism wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

It's the principle.

I actually consider vampires to be alive. I have nothing against vampires, unless they're like in Twilight.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's the principle.

I actually consider vampires to be alive. I have nothing against vampires, unless they're like in Twilight.

Twilight is an insult to all vampires.

True Blood is better. In True Blood, the only thing that sparkles is Lafayette.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's the principle.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General