NATION

PASSWORD

Virginity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Galloism wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:im afraid to touch them for fear that the obama pic will rub off and reveal that they were originally romney coins.

For five easy payments of 29.99, I can send you an adapter for the Obama coin cannon so that it can convert Romney coins to Obama coins, and then fire them.

hmmmm

im thinking that romney coins would do extra damage to the GOP
Last edited by Ashmoria on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatever

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Galloism wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:im afraid to touch them for fear that the obama pic will rub off and reveal that they were originally romney coins.

For five easy payments of 29.99, I can send you an adapter for the Obama coin cannon so that it can convert Romney coins to Obama coins, and then fire them.

I dont need that. I have the first made Obama coin. The profesional on iBay told me it will be worth 20000$ in only then years.
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Quintium wrote:And now it's behind a pay wall for me, Aqizithiuda-mate.
What does interest me, though, is that it's the same author who said, quote:

"At a national level there are 572,000 single men aged 25-34, but only 490,000 single women in the same cohort. This means there are 117 single men for every 100 single women at this time in the life cycle."

WTF, now it's behind the wall for me too.

Basically, that stat was true for the under 30s. Once you got there, it changed.

Hold on, it's working again. Screen caps.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Zweite Alaje wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:No.

Why not? More indoctrination of abstinence is always good.

No. As somebody who lives in an abstinence-only state with teen pregnancy rates higher than the national average, and can count on 1 hand the number of people I know who are abstinent, I can safely tell you that abstinence is not only based on bullshit, but the principle itself is a failure.

Zweite Alaje wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Indoctrination is never good.

Never is a strong word, Mav. Indoctrination is good if it contributes to the welfare of society.

I fail to see how sky-high teen pregnancy rates contributes to the welfare of society.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Quintium
Negotiator

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintium » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:Basically, that stat was true for the under 30s. Once you got there, it changed.

Managed to get the article also.
Once again, this is not about single men and single women, who constitute mainstream supply and demand.
Additionally, it only changes a few years past 30, and doesn't ever reach a comparable scale. That's supply and demand at work.
I'm a melancholic, bipedal, 1/128th Native Batavian polyhistor. My preferred pronouns are "his majesty"/"his majesty".

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Quintium wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:Basically, that stat was true for the under 30s. Once you got there, it changed.

Managed to get the article also.
Once again, this is not about single men and single women, who constitute mainstream supply and demand.
Additionally, it only changes a few years past 30, and doesn't ever reach a comparable scale. That's supply and demand at work.

The point is, the supply and demand isn't quite as large an issue as you're making it out to be. The difference is tiny, especially when you factor in those who either don't want to have have, aren't attracted to members of the opposite sex or identify themselves as being a member of the opposite sex. Besides that, virginity only matters in a supply and demand economy if a) there is an economy and b) virginity is prized and valued. It's not nowadays, except in third world nations and small closeted groups.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Quintium
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintium » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:The point is, the supply and demand isn't quite as large an issue as you're making it out to be.

I'd say a 117:100 sex ratio in singles aged 25-34 nationwide is a big issue. Something I've also heard, and I'll look into that tomorrow, is that 15% of the male population anywhere is considered 'omega', or completely without luck, meaning they will barely be able to have one sexual partner in their life without paying. And unfortunately, I'm part of the expendable part of the expendable sex.
I'm a melancholic, bipedal, 1/128th Native Batavian polyhistor. My preferred pronouns are "his majesty"/"his majesty".

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Quintium wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:The point is, the supply and demand isn't quite as large an issue as you're making it out to be.

I'd say a 117:100 sex ratio in singles aged 25-34 nationwide is a big issue. Something I've also heard, and I'll look into that tomorrow, is that 15% of the male population anywhere is considered 'omega', or completely without luck, meaning they will barely be able to have one sexual partner in their life without paying. And unfortunately, I'm part of the expendable part of the expendable sex.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lation.PNG

Not that bad.
Pink=More females
Blue=More Males
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Quintium
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintium » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG

Not that bad.
Pink=More females
Blue=More Males

Please read up on the preceding conversation. These figures include the elderly, who are a large group in society.
And because men are the expendable sex, the elderly have a very large female majority in much the same way singles aged 25-34 have a large male majority.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Quintium wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG

Not that bad.
Pink=More females
Blue=More Males

Please read up on the preceding conversation. These figures include the elderly, who are a large group in society.
And because men are the expendable sex, the elderly have a very large female majority in much the same way singles aged 25-34 have a large male majority.

If you check the birth ratio's, in the UK it's 1052 males for every 1000 females.
Well within the statistically negligable boundary.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

I think there needs to be a lot more of minding one's own fucking business, and not making anyone else's fucking business one's own.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Katganistan wrote:I think there needs to be a lot more of minding one's own fucking business, and not making anyone else's fucking business one's own.

I like the way you put that.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Galloism wrote:
Katganistan wrote:I think there needs to be a lot more of minding one's own fucking business, and not making anyone else's fucking business one's own.

I like the way you put that.

Thank you; I try. :D

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Jedi999 wrote:I believe virginity shows the character of the girl

…are you fucking serious.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

To be honest, the whole Virginity obsession is pretty annoying. I couldn't care less if a woman chooses to remail celibate, but it ahould not be because the feel obligated by society.
password scrambled

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Quintium wrote:Something I've also heard, and I'll look into that tomorrow, is that 15% of the male population anywhere is considered 'omega', or completely without luck, meaning they will barely be able to have one sexual partner in their life without paying. And unfortunately, I'm part of the expendable part of the expendable sex.

Meh, I could be considered an "omega" male but that is my own fault. I figure I will have sex whenever I happen to get a chance and I'm ready, but for me- it is simply a matter of my personality driving other people away. I'm content with only knowing a very small circle of people. It may cause me numerous problems finding employment and so on, but oh well. :D
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Jedi999 wrote:I believe virginity shows the character of the girl

…are you fucking serious.

I'm sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Homosexy wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:I've never actually come across the "purity movement" before, but it sounds absurd.

It is. As someone who works in feminism, I see a lot of stuff like this, the more educated I get. This book isn't the only source of this kind of

The world isn't as modern as we'd like to think. Just look up on youtube "evolution discussion". There are whole classrooms who collectively bash the evolution theory for ridiculous reasons and the teacher agrees with them.

Not to mention, these abstinence-only "education" systems are federally funded and happen in a lot of schools.

Yeah, nothing shatters your faith in the modern world and human thinking like going on the internet.

Arkinesia wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:I've never actually come across the "purity movement" before, but it sounds absurd.

It's a typical evangelical response to shit they don't have a lot of experience with, namely, overreacting to all hell.

Indeed.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:…are you fucking serious.

But there's still a easter bunny right?
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Kleomentia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way.

But there's still a easter bunny right?

I find it funny that I never believed in the Easter Bunny thing. No one ever told me about it until I was past the age of believing such things.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:But there's still a easter bunny right?

I find it funny that I never believed in the Easter Bunny thing. No one ever told me about it until I was past the age of believing such things.

I never believed in any of the shit they tell to children. I find it insulting to my intelligence *nods*

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Halloween S and M Gremlins
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:…are you fucking serious.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cause it's Sirius Black right?

Fuck I was looking at that picture for like 25 minutes

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Halloween S and M Gremlins wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bingo.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The walkers
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The walkers » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:40 pm

I think theirs problems on both sides. For one some women in our society expect the government to pay for their birth control, I don't want to pay money for you to screw around, do it on your own dime!

Yet, also the other side needs to figure their stuff out. We have men who call any girl who has sex whores, but get mad whenever a girl refuses to have sex with them. I think we need to more clearly define what a whore is(socially speaking not proffessionally).

In essence I don't even care about this conflict as one side is completely hypocritical and the other is abunch of whores(yes, I realize what I just did there ;) )

Halloween S and M Gremlins
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Halloween S and M Gremlins wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bingo.

Nailed it.

PreviousNext