NATION

PASSWORD

Virginity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quintium
Negotiator

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintium » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:From my source:

A closer look at the sex difference in mortality by age shows that females have lower
mortality at all ages (Figure 1). Despite the fact that more boys are born than girls (on
average, 105 boys are born for every 100 girls) the number of living males decreases
rapidly. Infant and childhood mortality is higher for boys than for girls and these higher death rates
for males continue throughout their entire life span. By age 25 the
number of women alive in a cohort exceeds the number of men, and this continues to
be the case until the cohort is extinct.
This sex difference is most significant at old
ages. In 1996, women aged 85 and over outnumbered men in the United States by a
factor of 1.8, in Japan (1995) by a factor of 2.3, in France (1996) by a factor of 2.7,
and in Great Britain (1995) by a factor of 2.9.

(emphasis mine)

What about single men and women? And what about the fact that the most recent figures from the CIA World Factbook seem to contradict this idea very strongly? That is the information I need. From what I know, 1990s information is painfully outdated at best. Back then, I was learning about 'acid rain' and a 'hole in the ozon layer', and 64MB of RAM was considered extremely epic.
I'm a melancholic, bipedal, 1/128th Native Batavian polyhistor. My preferred pronouns are "his majesty"/"his majesty".

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Oterro wrote:i think society's preoccupation with sexuality is absolutely disgusting. the fact that socially losing one's virginity is considered some big landmark event is pathetic and telling. it just bums me out how some people really don't want to elevate themselves above their baser urges. as to whether they're a guy or a girl is irrelevant, a preoccupation on something so animalistic is just

terrible.

i'm assume i'm going to get a lot of epically super hilarious ''hurrr not getting enuf :P'' shit but yeah.

i agree that it shouldnt be considered a huge landmark--although it is a bit of one to oneself, eh? no one should be judged on the basis of their sexual experience or lack thereof by anyone but a person who is considering that person as a potential lover.
whatever

Halloween S and M Gremlins
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Tsuntion wrote:
Zweite Alaje wrote:Never is a strong word, Mav. Indoctrination is good if it contributes to the welfare of society.

Please explain how promoting abstinence above sex education and shaming those who do not stick to this (neither of which are inherant in abstinence education but are carried out by the movement, which is what you spoke in support of) is good for society, creates strong familial (perhaps specifically parent-child) bonds, results in fewer unwanted pregnancies and STDs, etc..

It promotes strong family values, and reduces immorality and sexual deviant behavior because... sex is bad. I heard a guy on TV say it in a speech once, and he sure did sound like he knew what he was saying.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Halloween S and M Gremlins wrote:
Tsuntion wrote:
Please explain how promoting abstinence above sex education and shaming those who do not stick to this (neither of which are inherant in abstinence education but are carried out by the movement, which is what you spoke in support of) is good for society, creates strong familial (perhaps specifically parent-child) bonds, results in fewer unwanted pregnancies and STDs, etc..

It promotes strong family values, and reduces immorality and sexual deviant behavior because... sex is bad. I heard a guy on TV say it in a speech once, and he sure did sound like he knew what he was saying.

But you don't believe everything you hear on TV, right? RIGHT?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Halloween S and M Gremlins wrote:It promotes strong family values, and reduces immorality and sexual deviant behavior because... sex is bad. I heard a guy on TV say it in a speech once, and he sure did sound like he knew what he was saying.

If I did, I'd be wearing those stupid Snuggies at baseball games, cheering on random children.

In other words, I'd be in jail right now.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Halloween S and M Gremlins wrote:It promotes strong family values, and reduces immorality and sexual deviant behavior because... sex is bad. I heard a guy on TV say it in a speech once, and he sure did sound like he knew what he was saying.

I only believee it if if it a fact. Like, if it's on the news, or if the politician says it, or if this dude I know who says he reedds buoks say so.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

If I did, I'd be wearing those stupid Snuggies at baseball games, cheering on random children.

But... but... I have a green Snuggie and I wub it. :?
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I only believee it if if it a fact. Like, if it's on the news, or if the politician says it, or if this dude I know who says he reedds buoks say so.

You believe it if a politician says it?

Ok, NSG, we need an intervention. RIGHT NOW!
Slava Ukraini

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:If I did, I'd be wearing those stupid Snuggies at baseball games, cheering on random children.

Relevant.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:If I did, I'd be wearing those stupid Snuggies at baseball games, cheering on random children.

Said if I call right now I get 2 snuggies. I did. 2 months later my neighbor got the same deal.

This is bullshit. This is why people occupied wallstreet.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Said if I call right now I get 2 snuggies. I did. 2 months later my neighbor got the same deal.

And this is why you don't believe everything you hear on TV, even if a politician says it. *nod*
Slava Ukraini

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

*I* always do.

would you like to buy one of my obama coins? the guy on the tv said they are bound to increase in value.
whatever

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

*I* always do.

would you like to buy one of my obama coins? the guy on the tv said they are bound to increase in value.

Sure they are. As weapons against the GOP. *nod*
Slava Ukraini

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:*I* always do.

*whips out his Obama-coin launching cannon*

Only 5 easy payments of $199.99, but wait, that's not all, if you order right now, we will include the automatic loading belt!
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

thats why i bought 1000 of them.
whatever

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Halloween S and M Gremlins wrote:Said if I call right now I get 2 snuggies. I did. 2 months later my neighbor got the same deal.

And this is why you don't believe everything you hear on TV, even if a politician says it. *nod*

You and Ashmoria make compelling points.

I reverse my position, abstinence education is not as flawless as is claimed and people should not be ashamed of the sexuality.

/to the S&M club and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

EDIT: Whoa, scatter-brained, I completely misspelled that, I meant to say "/to community service and awaaaaaaaaaaaaay"
Ugh typos, amirite?
Last edited by Halloween S and M Gremlins on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I reverse my position, abstinence education is not as flawless as is claimed and people should not be ashamed of the sexuality.

And Ash, you say this is a bad thing.

I do not understand that view.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

*I* always do.

For realsies? Thats soooooo cool. I wantz one.
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Now you're talkin', boy. :D

*brings Obama coin launcher just in case*
Slava Ukraini

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Quintium wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:From my source:

(emphasis mine)

What about single men and women? And what about the fact that the most recent figures from the CIA World Factbook seem to contradict this idea very strongly? That is the information I need. From what I know, 1990s information is painfully outdated at best. Back then, I was learning about 'acid rain' and a 'hole in the ozon layer', and 64MB of RAM was considered extremely epic.

Source

I can't find an American one, so Australian will have to do.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Kleomentia wrote:

For realsies? Thats soooooo cool. I wantz one.

im afraid to touch them for fear that the obama pic will rub off and reveal that they were originally romney coins.
whatever

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:For realsies? Thats soooooo cool. I wantz one.

im afraid to touch them for fear that the obama pic will rub off and reveal that they were originally romney coins.

For five easy payments of 29.99, I can send you an adapter for the Obama coin cannon so that it can convert Romney coins to Obama coins, and then fire them.

Quintium
Negotiator

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintium » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 pm

And now it's behind a pay wall for me, Aqizithiuda-mate.
What does interest me, though, is that it's the same author who said, quote:

"At a national level there are 572,000 single men aged 25-34, but only 490,000 single women in the same cohort. This means there are 117 single men for every 100 single women at this time in the life cycle."
I'm a melancholic, bipedal, 1/128th Native Batavian polyhistor. My preferred pronouns are "his majesty"/"his majesty".

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Halloween S and M Gremlins » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:For realsies? Thats soooooo cool. I wantz one.

"...From author Stephen King"

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Ashmoria wrote:im afraid to touch them for fear that the obama pic will rub off and reveal that they were originally romney coins.

"...From author Stephen King"

"Written by M. Night Shamalamadingdong."
Last edited by Mavorpen on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General